*Newton 55 Buna 10 Final/Comments*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good golly Miss Molly! I couldn't stand to watch any longer. I left the Newton game at half-time. It was 41-3. Buna fumbled 5 or 6 times in the first half. It was 21-0 with just over 6:00 to go in the first quarter. At that point, they were on pace to score 168, give or take a few.  :o

Buna was having success running the ball up the middle. On their FG drive they ran 7 times for about 40 yards and several 1st downs. Then, as soon as they reached the red zone, they abandon the gut run.They try to run outside a couple times and Newton stopped them cold. After a failed pass, they boot the FG.

Newton is fast. Real fast.

So, anybody know who won?  :D

I'm sure the Buna fans who talked smack about how they were going to beat Newton in a close game would agree that the Cougars were clearly the better team. They "could of" beat the Eagles tonight, Newton just got lucky 55 times.................;)

Never a game at all. I sure would like to here their excuse for this booty wooping. Newton had their second string quarterback in the third quarter. Buna's only TD came late in the game with second and third string D. Buna not even in the same league. Sorry if any feelings were hurt :'(

Newton_Eagles,

You did not hurt anyones feelings. Great job Newton no excuses. I wish Buna would have played a better game. They had a case of the fumbles early and Newton took advantage of every mistake. Best of luck Newton!! Everyone in buna is proud of this years team and what a great job these kids did. Newton you have every right to gloat and your kids and coaching staff, as always, are a prefect example of what class is. I saw no smack talking even when Newton was handing it to Buna. Again best of luck the rest of the way.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder