Texas sends buses of migrants to Chicago for first time, dropped off at train station

LumRaiderFan

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:    🙂

Two buses carrying migrants from Texas arrived in Chicago on Wednesday night.

The buses arrived at Chicago's Union Station at around 7:30 p.m., carrying migrants who crossed the southern border illegally.

An estimated 80 to 100 people were on the buses, including 20 to 30 small children. Many of the migrants said they were from Venezuela.

Chicago is the latest city where migrants have been bused to from Texas, following New York City and Washington, D.C., all of which have Democrat mayors.

Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said in a statement that he looks forward to seeing Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot welcome the migrants since Chicago is a sanctuary city.

"President Biden's inaction at our southern border continues putting the lives of Texans—and Americans—at risk and is overwhelming our communities," Abbott said. "To continue providing much-needed relief to our small, overrun border towns, Chicago will join fellow sanctuary cities Washington, D.C. and New York City as an additional drop-off location. Mayor Lightfoot loves to tout the responsibility of her city to welcome all regardless of legal status, and I look forward to seeing this responsibility in action as these migrants receive resources from a sanctuary city with the capacity to serve them." 

A statement from Abbott's office said that Chicago is being added as a "drop-off location" for future migrant buses in response to "President Biden's open border policies overwhelming border communities in Texas."

5 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

a baby killing liberal calling a conservative “a man without morals” 🤦‍♂️

And people vote for these people. 

Just more proof of the low info voter.  They get what the deserve!  People should see that  Dim mayors are turning their cities into cesspools, but they keep voting for them.  How dumb do you have to be?

27 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Just more proof of the low info voter.  They get what the deserve!  People should see that  Dim mayors are turning their cities into cesspools, but they keep voting for them.  How dumb do you have to be?

Few conservatives turn liberal…..therefore it starts as a child in an environment that tells them there whole life they are a victim.

People have been led to believe it’s not the liberals fault(coming out of liberals mouths) since birth.

On 9/1/2022 at 1:31 PM, bullets13 said:

Political brilliance.  It's hilarious watching DC claim their resources are stretched and they cant handle anymore after receiving a number less than 1% of the amount of illegal immigrants that Texas deals with on a yearly basis.  

AGREE! 

On 9/1/2022 at 1:31 PM, bullets13 said:

Political brilliance.  It's hilarious watching DC claim their resources are stretched and they cant handle anymore after receiving a number less than 1% of the amount of illegal immigrants that Texas deals with on a yearly basis.  

They need to be running a 100 buses a day to DC dropping off illegal immigrants that are just walking across the border or move the White House to the Border. I believe that would stop all this treasonous nonsense.

Chicago…..Sanctuary City

sanctuary city

noun
  1. (in North America) a city whose municipal laws tend to protect undocumented immigrants from deportation or prosecution, despite federal immigration law.
    "mayors in those cities reaffirmed their status as sanctuary cities"

I guess sanctuary city is simply a catch phrase for the esteemed Mayor lightfoot...from the article:

A group of over 100 migrants from the southern border were moved to an Illinois suburb after being welcomed in Chicago – an action that is reportedly frustrating local officials.

The migrants are staying at a Hampton Inn in Burr Ridge and a Holiday Inn in Countryside, according to reporting by WGN-TV. An estimated 300 migrants have been bused from Texas to Chicago in the past two weeks.  

While Chicago is a sanctuary city and Cook County is a sanctuary county, the migrants at the Burr Ridge Hampton Inn are in DuPage County. The county's sanctuary status is unclear. However, Burr Ridge Republican Mayor Garry Grasso previously said he would work to secure the border and "defund sanctuary cities," according to WGN-TV.

22 hours ago, Unwoke said:

They need to be running a 100 buses a day to DC dropping off illegal immigrants that are just walking across the border or move the White House to the Border. I believe that would stop all this treasonous nonsense.

Normally I'd agree, but one of the other brilliant parts of Abbott's strategy is that he's only sending migrants north who WANT to go up north.  So when the liberals up north complain about how he's being racist or this and that, he can point out to the fact that Texas is merely helping them along to their desired destination.  

14 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Normally I'd agree, but one of the other brilliant parts of Abbott's strategy is that he's only sending migrants north who WANT to go up north.  So when the liberals up north complain about how he's being racist or this and that, he can point out to the fact that Texas is merely helping them along to their desired destination.  

I wasn’t aware of that caveat. I like it.

9 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Desantis is flying illegal immigrants to Martha’s Vineyard. Lol

This ^^^^^.  Talk about make my day.  Christmas in September.  For about two years I’d advocated Abbott sending bus loads of Illegals to DC, and he finally did.  But never, in my wildest dreams, did I think anyone had the cajones to fly them into the Vineyard.  God help me, I do love it so.

From the article:

Lawmakers in Massachusetts were tasked with caring for dozens of migrants Wednesday after Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis sent two planes full of migrants to Martha’s Vineyard, a ritzy island located in Dukes County.

On Wednesday, Democratic lawmakers voiced their criticism online after they were forced to act swiftly to provide them shelter, food, blankets and other necessities to the 50 migrants who now reside in their state.

Rep. Dylan Fernandes, a local lawmaker who represents Martha's Vineyard as well as Falmouth, Nantucket and Gosnold, said on social media that he was part of the logistical effort to welcome the migrants, which he claimed DeSantis sent "to gain cheap political points."

Wow...they had to take care of DOZENS of illegals...lol.

I would have to disagree with representative Fernandes, the political points gained here are priceless.

42 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

From the article:

Lawmakers in Massachusetts were tasked with caring for dozens of migrants Wednesday after Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis sent two planes full of migrants to Martha’s Vineyard, a ritzy island located in Dukes County.

On Wednesday, Democratic lawmakers voiced their criticism online after they were forced to act swiftly to provide them shelter, food, blankets and other necessities to the 50 migrants who now reside in their state.

Rep. Dylan Fernandes, a local lawmaker who represents Martha's Vineyard as well as Falmouth, Nantucket and Gosnold, said on social media that he was part of the logistical effort to welcome the migrants, which he claimed DeSantis sent "to gain cheap political points."

Wow...they had to take care of DOZENS of illegals...lol.

I would have to disagree with representative Fernandes, the political points gained here are priceless.

Kinda like the Biden regime raiding Trumps home right before the mid term elections. 

Everything is Political! Glad to see some of the Republicans taking the gloves off so they can B - Slap some of these Democrat Parasites!

10 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Kinda like the Biden regime raiding Trumps home right before the mid term elections. 

Everything is Political! Glad to see some of the Republicans taking the gloves off so they can B - Slap some of these Democrat Parasites!

Amen!