Best shooters in 3a

Guest canttouchthis15

• 3 weeks later...

There are some decent shooters around but very few pure shooters. Shooting is not taught like it once was(in most places). They say that the game has changed and you go with the flow. I beleive if you can hit the bucket, good things happen. Saw the kid from Splendora last year and he looked like a pure shooter. Question, Does a coach have to be a good shooter to teach it?

There are some decent shooters around but very few pure shooters. Shooting is not taught like it once was(in most places). They say that the game has changed and you go with the flow. I beleive if you can hit the bucket, good things happen. Saw the kid from Splendora last year and he looked like a pure shooter. Question, Does a coach have to be a good shooter to teach it?

Amen.Very few pure shooters around these days.Bernard from HJ can get on a roll from downtown and fill it up,not the best form in the world but it works for him.Two of the better pure shooters in this area are from small schools,Tyler Copeland from West Hardin and Paul Sims from Warren.I know Leland Hand taught shooting form at Warren just like a class.The kids there spent hours on the wall before they even got to step on the court.

I agree with whsalum on the best shooters around, Tyler Copeland is one of the best in the area, especially in 1A, and i saw Paul Sims firsthand last weekend, he can light up the 3's too...Zach Hayes from Orangefield can shoot the 3 real well.  I've already seen him get 4-5 three pters in a game a few times this year.  He can make it from anywhere around the arc.  He will be on everyones list by the end of the year for top shooters.

Amen.Very few pure shooters around these days.Bernard from HJ can get on a roll from downtown and fill it up,not the best form in the world but it works for him.Two of the better pure shooters in this area are from small schools,Tyler Copeland from West Hardin and Paul Sims from Warren.I know Leland Hand taught shooting form at Warren just like a class.The kids there spent hours on the wall before they even got to step on the court.

thats pretty dumb considering the fact that his numbers from the field are flawless oh yeah hj has to have the best shooters because they are undefeated and beat the #1 team in the state so Jarvis Trey Payne and Sungren all can shoot the lights out

Leeland Hand teaching shooting form.  What a JOKE!!!!  He is and always will be a complete Joke.

Don't know what your personal history is with Hand and I don't care.I just give credit where its due and the man taught shooting at Warren Texas.Like him or not you had to respect 7 trips to the state tourney.I quess thats a topic for another thread,I didn't mean to hijack this one.

thats pretty dumb considering the fact that his numbers from the field are flawless oh yeah hj has to have the best shooters because they are undefeated and beat the #1 team in the state so Jarvis Trey Payne and Sungren all can shoot the lights out

haha im a die hard HJ fan like you but Trey can not shoot the lights out thats not his game he takes it to the hole and very well if i might say so myself

Leeland Hand teaching shooting form.  What a JOKE!!!!  He is and always will be a complete Joke.

Hand must have run the score up on you a time or two. Hand is a personal friend of mine. If I get a headache, Hand takes the aspirin. You may not like him and thats ok (thats your right)but I wouldn't consider him a joke. He knows the x's and o's as good as any coach I know and is one of three of the best shooters I know........

I have never had the pleasure of having a team play one of Hand's teams , so no he never ran the score up on me.  Good coach , maybe....... better recruiter, without a doubt...........  He recruited better in HS than he ever did at ETBU.  The man ( used lightly ) got away wit murder recruiting the other HS in his area.

I have never had the pleasure of having a team play one of Hand's teams , so no he never ran the score up on me.  Good coach , maybe....... better recruiter, without a doubt...........  He recruited better in HS than he ever did at ETBU.   The man ( used lightly ) got away wit murder recruiting the other HS in his area.

Well, at least he's good at something....lol........

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86