Q: for tvc184

This might seem like a unusual question, but can you tell me in general terms how all these fentanyl overdoses are happening? Are the drug heads actually buying the stuff and ingesting it? Or is it other drugs they are taking that is laced with it for an added kick? Or is it passed off as something else and the person taking it is not aware what it really is, thinking its something else? 

I am as far away from the drug culture as a person can be but I want to know what is happening in general terms so I can be aware and steer the kids at Church away from this epidemic of OD's that fentanyl is causing. 

I do know its highly concentrated where only a speck of it can kill and the vast majority comes to the USA though Mexico from China.  (BTW Thanks Biden for leaving the border open to all kinds of EVIL.)       

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

This might seem like a unusual question, but can you tell me in general terms how all these fentanyl overdoses are happening? Are the drug heads actually buying the stuff and ingesting it? Or is it other drugs they are taking that is laced with it for an added kick? Or is it passed off as something else and the person taking it is not aware what it really is, thinking its something else? 

I am as far away from the drug culture as a person can be but I want to know what is happening in general terms so I can be aware and steer the kids at Church away from this epidemic of OD's that fentanyl is causing. 

I do know its highly concentrated where only a speck of it can kill and the vast majority comes to the USA though Mexico from China.  (BTW Thanks Biden for leaving the border open to all kinds of EVIL.)       

Lacing drugs certainly isn’t new.  Going back about 50 years where people said, this weed is “really good… uhhh…. stuff”.

it was probably laced with PCP aka Angel Dust.  It was a reason that some marijuana was giving that extra kick. It is like Speedballs or mixing heroin with cocaine. I think the fentanyl is being mixed with almost everything else now to multiply the effects. It is so powerful though and that’s what is causing the issues. It is like stupid powerful. 

Yes I knew lacing was a thing forever. You confirmed what I thought. I doubted people were actually ingesting it straight, but nothing would surprise me anymore. I saw the billboard thats out there showing a fatal quantity of it juxtaposed with a penny. Literally a spec is enough to kill. More imported death crossing our non existent southern border.   

2 hours ago, baddog said:

From a business standpoint, it seems counter-productive to kill off all of your customers.

Not when you have an endless supply of customers.

You're correct and they don’t intend to kill but it isn’t an exact science. Fentanyl is a lawfully prescribed medication but obviously extremely controlled. On the street who knows what quantity a person is getting.

I’ve been given fentany for an injury. It kicked my butt worse than morphine. If someone wants to buy weed from me, why would I lace it with a substance I have no control over its strength and possibly kill my user? What business advantage am I giving myself? That’s all I am saying. 
Yes, unfortunately there are more users in the line. 

5 hours ago, baddog said:

From a business standpoint, it seems counter-productive to kill off all of your customers.

Ask the tobacco industry how that works for them. 

Imo, it's also being mixed with regular street grade Marijuana in order to kick up the potency and compete with the exotics of the legal cannabis industry. Of course this is only speculation...

This is the hidden content, please

2 hours ago, baddog said:

I’ve been given fentany for an injury. It kicked my butt worse than morphine. If someone wants to buy weed from me, why would I lace it with a substance I have no control over its strength and possibly kill my user? What business advantage am I giving myself? That’s all I am saying. 
Yes, unfortunately there are more users in the line. 

The business advantage is that your weed is “better”. 

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Ask the tobacco industry how that works for them. 

Imo, it's also being mixed with regular street grade Marijuana in order to kick up the potency and compete with the exotics of the legal cannabis industry. Of course this is only speculation...

This is the hidden content, please

True enough except that death is not instantaneous. I smoked for 33 years. Been quit for 21.

Of course you will always have those yo-yos who have been warned that this weed could be laced with fentanyl and could make them drop dead immediately and they would still say, “Sounds good to me”

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve heard lots of stories where people are trying to buy hydrocodone on the streets and end up getting fentanyl from their street pharmacist.  You expect one thing and get something significantly more powerful, but use it like you would your regular drug.  If you’ve developed a tolerance to Vicodin and it takes 3 to get you high, you’re in big trouble if you think that’s what you’re taking but instead something that can be 50x stronger than heroin.  Or even if you realize it’s fentanyl but don’t understand how much more powerful it is.  

Here’s my limited knowledge & opinion.  I’ve been in pain (back/hip) for many years.  Initially, taking Tylenol 3 & 4 there were brief instances of a euphoric feeling.  Didn’t last long per dose, and soon didn’t happen at all.  Keep in mind, my experience - others may react differently.  Also, my body built up tolerance from the pain aspect, a lot quicker than I could’ve imagined.  I think most others do also. Dr’s increase pain med strength, & body builds up tolerance.  It’s a vicious circle.  So those taking to get high need the fentanyl to get their buzz, but the same pill that gives them a buzz, taken by Joe or Mary who’ve never taken pain meds, kills them.  Unless the meds were legalized & given by Dr’s with a full knowledge of past use, we’ll continue to have these overdose deaths.  We all know, that ain’t going to happen, so I see no solution.

I hope my information has given you, at least an understanding of why we’re having the deaths.  There’s no way to balance the wants/needs of the illegal user with the proper dosage.

5 hours ago, Hagar said:

Here’s my limited knowledge & opinion.  I’ve been in pain (back/hip) for many years.  Initially, taking Tylenol 3 & 4 there were brief instances of a euphoric feeling.  Didn’t last long per dose, and soon didn’t happen at all.  Keep in mind, my experience - others may react differently.  Also, my body built up tolerance from the pain aspect, a lot quicker than I could’ve imagined.  I think most others do also. Dr’s increase pain med strength, & body builds up tolerance.  It’s a vicious circle.  So those taking to get high need the fentanyl to get their buzz, but the same pill that gives them a buzz, taken by Joe or Mary who’ve never taken pain meds, kills them.  Unless the meds were legalized & given by Dr’s with a full knowledge of past use, we’ll continue to have these overdose deaths.  We all know, that ain’t going to happen, so I see no solution.

I hope my information has given you, at least an understanding of why we’re having the deaths.  There’s no way to balance the wants/needs of the illegal user with the proper dosage.

I believe the human body builds tolerances to almost everything. 

EDIT: tpyo bills to builds. Voice recognition almost got it….