Turf vs Grass

monknuk

20 hours ago, PirateNole984 said:

You know without a shadow of a doubt, 110% positive that jumping in mud caused his injury?  Could have jumping on a dry field, turf caused the injury to??? 

Adapt and overcome obstacles... poor playing conditions.  Football is a battle, war for 48 minutes.  

Yep. He didn’t get hurt when he did it against WOS earlier that year on our field. He slipped in the mud because of the huge crown on Vidor’s field. 

Remember the field was so bad that year that BH didn’t even want their band to march on it? Remember the fallout after the pics of parents picking up shoes stuck in the field were posted and their administration got heat for making condescending comments about Vidor’s stadium? I know y’all have it fixed now but starting in middle school that’s was the worst field I’ve seen Crosby kids have to play on. 

5 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yep. He didn’t get hurt when he did it against WOS earlier that year on our field. He slipped in the mud because of the huge crown on Vidor’s field. 

Remember the field was so bad that year that BH didn’t even want their band to march on it? Remember the fallout after the pics of parents picking up shoes stuck in the field were posted and their administration got heat for making condescending comments about Vidor’s stadium? I know y’all have it fixed now but starting in middle school that’s was the worst field I’ve seen Crosby kids have to play on. 

Leave your feet and deal with the consequences.  It's FOOTBALL....NOT always a pretty game.  I know the high and mighty Crosby Cougars are a finesse team that does not like to get down-n-dirty but us Vidorians...well we are not scared to play in the mud or have our band march in the mud.

16 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Vidor’s field took out y’all’s QB? That’s ridiculous.  A lot bad things can happen when you try to make the highlight reel an leave your feet as a offensive player. I doubt very seriously it was the field. Maybe just maybe he shouldn’t have made a better decision in that situation. Good grief. 

He jumped over his head, landed cleanly and then his left leg slid from underneath him when a chunk of the field came up. If we weren’t playing on a surface of such poor quality a chunk of the wouldn’t have come up, therefore he doesn’t slip and the ACL doesn’t get torn. 

The Texans didn’t have an issue admitting they had problems with their playing surface after both Jadaveon Clowney and Wes Welker tore their ACL’s on it not too far apart. Somehow the school whose field was a mud pit does though, lol? 

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

He jumped over his head, landed cleanly and then his left leg slid from underneath him when a chunk of the field came up. If we weren’t playing on a surface of such poor quality a chunk of the wouldn’t have come up, therefore he doesn’t slip and the ACL doesn’t get torn. 

The Texans didn’t have an issue admitting they had problems with their playing surface after both Jadaveon Clowney and Wes Welker tore their ACL’s on it not too far apart. Somehow the school whose field was a mud pit does though, lol? 

So your saying your QB who was trying to make the highlight reel by trying to jump over a defender wasn’t aware of the field conditions during pregame warm ups? Lol

Poor quality playing surface or Poor decision on the players part in that situation? I say bad decision on the players part. By the way I enjoyed watching the Slot-T smash that backyard everyone go out for pass while I run around an try to find someone to jump over offense in the Semi - Finals last year. 😂 

16 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Leave your feet and deal with the consequences.  It's FOOTBALL....NOT always a pretty game.  I know the high and mighty Crosby Cougars are a finesse team that does not like to get down-n-dirty but us Vidorians...well we are not scared to play in the mud or have our band march in the mud.

Lol, you don’t beat undefeated state ranked playoff teams like Huntsville, Texas High and FB Marshall playing finesse football. You’re correct though, our kids don’t like to get dirty, they rarely play on grass after 6th grade. 

Football inevitably has injuries, but the field shouldn’t be the cause of them. When San Diego refused to play on the surface at the Astrodome in 1995 I’m sure nobody called them scared, lol. 

Lol, you don’t beat undefeated state ranked playoff teams like Huntsville, Texas High and FB Marshall playing finesse football. You’re correct though, our kids don’t like to get dirty, they rarely play on grass after 6th grade. 

Football inevitably has injuries, but the field shouldn’t be the cause of them. When San Diego refused to play on the surface at the Astrodome in 1995 I’m sure nobody called them scared, lol. 

Lol, you don’t beat undefeated state ranked playoff teams like Huntsville, Texas High and FB Marshall playing finesse football. 

Until you meet a smash mouth football team like the Slot-T Liberty Hill Panthers. Bye Bye Finesse. 😂😂 

3 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

So your saying your QB who was trying to make the highlight reel by trying to jump over a defender wasn’t aware of the field conditions during pregame warm ups? Lol

Poor quality playing surface or Poor decision on the players part in that situation? I say bad decision on the players part. By the way I enjoyed watching the Slot-T smash that backyard everyone go out for pass while I run around an try to find someone to jump over offense in the Semi - Finals last year. 😂 

Maybe in Vidor jumping over a kids’ head is a highlight reel. We call it a QB avoiding unnecessary contact. Our QBs don’t run the slot-T, they’re not expected to look like the offensive linemen after the game is over. 

Lol, I’m glad you could watch us since your team wasn’t playing. I loved beating them year before and watching my son’s team play for a state championship too. It’s something I’ll never forget. Just like I’ll never forget watching my son start that semifinal game you found so funny after coming off a broken leg. 

By the way, I would absolutely love for you to be laughing at us in a semifinal game this year too. 

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Maybe in Vidor jumping over a kids’ head is a highlight reel. We call it a QB avoiding unnecessary contact. Our QBs don’t run the slot-T, they’re not expected to look like the offensive linemen after the game is over. 

Lol, I’m glad you could watch us since your team wasn’t playing. I loved beating them year before and watching my son’s team play for a state championship too. It’s something I’ll never forget. Just like I’ll never forget watching my son start that semifinal game you found so funny after coming off a broken leg. 

By the way, I would absolutely love for you to be laughing at us in a semifinal game this year too. 

Unnecessary contact.... jumping over the pile head first into an oncoming defense?!?  Or maybe he was jumping rear end first....hmmm.  Can't say anymore or I'll get in trouble...keeping it PG.

10 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Lol, you don’t beat undefeated state ranked playoff teams like Huntsville, Texas High and FB Marshall playing finesse football. 

Until you meet a smash mouth football team like the Slot-T Liberty Hill Panthers. Bye Bye Finesse. 😂😂 

Yeah, in mid-December after our 31st game in two years. I was disappointed we didn’t get to play for back to back state title either. Lol, according to your theory the whole Houston/Golden Triangle region all the way up to Texarkana is “finesse” since we cleaned it out twice. The field was trash dude. Bringing up a team y’all are t even in the same hemisphere with doesn’t change that. 

Yeah, in mid-December after our 31st game in two years. I was disappointed we didn’t get to play for back to back state title either. Lol, according to your theory the whole Houston/Golden Triangle region all the way up to Texarkana is “finesse” since we cleaned it out twice. The field was trash dude. Bringing up a team y’all are t even in the same hemisphere with doesn’t change that. 

Kinda like crosby is not in the same hemisphere as the true elite title WINNERS in 5A??

8 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Unnecessary contact.... jumping over the pile head first into an oncoming defense?!?  Or maybe he was jumping rear end first....hmmm.  Can't say anymore or I'll get in trouble...keeping it PG.

Did you even see the game or know what I’m talking about? Howard was 6’3”, the Vidor DB that was trying to make the tackle was probably 5’8”. They were one on one with Howard heading out of bounds and the Vidor DB went low at Howard’s knees. He jumped over his head so he could cleanly land out of bounds and the freaking field disappeared from under him. The whole Crosby side was like “what was that that flew from under him?”. Well, it was part of the 20 yard line. 

1 minute ago, PirateNole984 said:

Kinda like crosby is not in the same hemisphere as the true elite title WINNERS in 5A??

Yes, we’re not in the same hemisphere with Aledo or Denton Ryan. Still pretty high praise for Crosby. Vidor isn’t even on the same level as their mythical rival Nederland though. 

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You’ve trashed the Slot T offense on this forum as long as I can remember an then when a  Slot T offense totally man handles that backyard football scheme that majority of high schools run like sheep you come up with other excuses and deflections.  Your big mouth is what makes the wins from a slot T offense so enjoyable. Lol

Did you even see the game or know what I’m talking about? Howard was 6’3”, the Vidor DB that was trying to make the tackle was probably 5’8”. They were one on one with Howard heading out of bounds and the Vidor DB went low at Howard’s knees. He jumped over his head so he could cleanly land out of bounds and the freaking field disappeared from under him. The whole Crosby side was like “what was that that flew from under him?”. Well, it was part of the 20 yard line. 

Ahhh now the truth comes out... crosby's Qb was scared of contact from a much smaller, less athletic Vidor DB. 

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It’s always someone else’s fault. We get it. 

Yes, we’re not in the same hemisphere with Aledo or Denton Ryan. Still pretty high praise for Crosby. Vidor isn’t even on the same level as their mythical rival Nederland though. 

Keep digging... Vidor is not on here year after year looking for praise and rankings.  Crosby supports on the other hand need to hear and feel the love. 

I'll make it better.  Can almost hear the tears falling from your face.... Crosby is sooooo GOOD!  They deserve to be champions!  Crosby is #1!!!!

The comparison of high schools having grass fields to professional teams having grass fields is beyond absurd.  Pro teams have seemingly limitless money needed to maintain said field. And.. nobody uses the field except the team on game day.  Do pro teams practice on the game field? No. High schools don’t have that luxury.  I prefer a PROPERLY MAINTAINED grass field over turf, but SeTx schools can’t do that.  Between weather and money (lack of) turf is the way to go down here.

Or.. keep your, “It was good enough for grandpa so it’s good enough now” mentality and keep losing to out of area teams that can actually practice the day after a storm.  No skin off my back.

1 minute ago, oldschool2 said:

The comparison of high schools having grass fields to professional teams having grass fields is beyond absurd.  Pro teams have seemingly limitless money needed to maintain said field. And.. nobody uses the field except the team on game day.  Do pro teams practice on the game field? No. High schools don’t have that luxury.  I prefer a PROPERLY MAINTAINED grass field over turf, but SeTx schools can’t do that.  Between weather and money (lack of) turf is the way to go down here.

Or.. keep your, “It was good enough for grandpa so it’s good enough now” mentality and keep losing to out of area teams that can actually practice the day after a storm.  No skin off my back.

Before Vidor got a turf field, very rarely did they practice on the field.  Vidor has a practice field and a make shift indoor facility.