March Madness Thread

PhatMack19

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Purdue in the double bonus and already have shot over 30 fts while Texas has shot 9.  They’re having to foul Purdue’s big some, but he just smashes into people and flails his 9 ft long arms and gets a shooting foul called every time.

Was just about to post something like this. 

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Texas finishes the game 7-12 from the line.  Purdue finishes 33-46.  

Texas also only shot 39.7% from the field, and it’s very difficult to win with that percentage no matter what the free throw disparity is. But that free throw disparity is laughable.  

Zaga is another team that can’t hit from the FT line.  They have a terrible percentage when I’m watching them.  I’d foul Timme every time he got the ball under the basket.  I think he’s like a 56% FTS.  On the other hand, he works magic under the basket if not fouled.

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I’m including the NIT in this thread.  A&M playing well early in the quarters.  Now give my guy Hef some quality minutes Buzz.  He’s created more “buzz” for Aggie basketball than anyone since Caruso.  

I got Aggies winning tonight and facing BYU in semis

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Aggies been beating the brakes off their opponents in the NIT. 

In all seriousness, I will say when we won the NIT a few years ago, we had no business in the big tourney.  I am impressed with how hard A&M has played.  A lot of times the best teams who get screwed by the committee mail it in during the NIT.  Credit to Buzz for having this team still playing it’s best basketball.  They clearly are out to prove a point.  I hope they continue to do so.