Lindale Eagles vs Lumberton Raiders

Raider24

Can Ltown win?  Sure.  Will they?  Probably not…..BUT, there are some pluses, imo.  First, Dist 9 has pretty much dominated 10 for years.  Perhaps (probably) to Lindale it’s a Ho-hum game.  They just lost the DC to Kilgore and could still be reeling from that.  Also, on paper it’s a nobrainer that they should beat Ltown.  And based on Dist 9’s lack of defense, the hard hitting by the Raider’s D might unsettle the Eagles somewhat (yes, that’s reaching, but we’ll take any edge).  All that plus Ltown’s proclivity to play up to the competition indicates a much better game than one would think by merely comparing the two on paper.  If the Eagles happen to give the Raiders a fumble here, a pick there, yes the Raiders could win this game.  Even if the Raiders lose, I hope a little Dist 10 smash mouth football will have the Eagles waking away with respect for how the Raiders play football.  I know the Pirates gained their respect last year, holding them to 29 points, better than anyone in Dist 9 did.  C’mon Raiders, play the best game you’ve ever played.  Then, in third round you get a rematch with the LCM Bears.

Lindale QB is good, very good.  Big, athletic, and a strong arm.  Depending on what RB Lindale features...#16, 23, 24 (I think is his number)... all small-ish in stature but run hard and will make you miss in the open field.

Defensively...they give up points but you better hold on to the ball tight. D-Line's pass rush is pretty good, edge rushers get off the ball fairly quick, decent push up the middle, and they like to blitz the LB's.

41 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Lindale QB is good, very good.  Big, athletic, and a strong arm.  Depending on what RB Lindale features...#16, 23, 24 (I think is his number)... all small-ish in stature but run hard and will make you miss in the open field.

Defensively...they give up points but you better hold on to the ball tight. D-Line's pass rush is pretty good, edge rushers get off the ball fairly quick, decent push up the middle, and they like to blitz the LB's.

Nole is correct about Lindale's QB. He's tall, athletic, has great field vision and has a strong arm. He has that ball out of his hands quick once it's snapped and knows his reads - so he knows where he wants to go with the ball. They have a huge TE that is quick and also plays DE as well. I really think Lumberton's O can have their way with their secondary and stretch the field but Lindale is not afraid to get in a track meet with anyone and it's been proven they aren't afraid since last year. Lumberton's best friend Friday will be the clock, and being very methodical with their drives and coming away with points every possession as possible. I really like the Raiders defense compared to Lindale's D.

Go Raiders! 

Blow that air horn and let Lindale know that L-Train is coming full throttle. Make 'em hear it early and often and all night for 48 minutes.

10-4A-I versus everybody!

3 hours ago, Raider24 said:

Yep, I was disappointed when he decommitted from UT in June. Texas is still in the lead but word is he's waiting to see where Arch is going to commit. Just so he doesn't turn Aggie! 

I forgot he decommited from Texas. But I'm really curious to see where Arch goes. I'm a big LSU fan, and I don't want him an Aggie either! lol

5 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

got friends in the Lindale this ones gonna be a one-sided game for Lindale Sorry Raiders. 

Also, someone where even is Lumberton really|? 

In between the great metropolis cities of Beaumont, Silsbee & before you get to Kountze!