Nederland 22 Kingwood Park 35/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

8 hours ago, the weasel said:

PNG will beat Texas City...and earn the #2spot!  Don't need help to get into the playoffs!  Beat BH handily! Loss to District Champions Crosby and a loss to Nederland on 2 Defensive TDs.... GO ELSEWHERE!

Wouldn't say they beat BH handily , more like BH self imploded.  But PNG did win the game.   Texas City Defense is pretty good.  I will go with Texas City tonight.

9 hours ago, CCRed said:

Most points Kpark has scored all year with the exception of the Santa Fe game. PNG just got a gift into the playoffs, unless Crosby decides to sit starters against Ned. Hmmmm….

Even with the backups Crosby would crop dust whatever that was that Nederland put on the field last night. Crosby has only played one competitive game since district play started and our starters need reps. With another bye week coming up in the first round, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Coach P play the starters all the way through the third and try to put 70 on Nederland. 

So many things on this season...but this is about this game.

Fusilier was finally put in the backfield (no matter what the real reason was for this obvious late season “adjustment” 🙄)

Dogs had their best night of rushing all year (Fusilier has 13-119 in 1st half)

His touches in 2nd half were cut in half. KP knee he was getting the ball all night and they still couldn’t stop him, so why stop getting him the ball?

Defense is significantly depleted w injuries. Starting corner, starting free safety and backup free safety and Beck...some kids in those spots without any reps (seems like they would have benefited from more than  ONE practice this week)...yes, just 1

Kids are playing the best they can, leave it at that. It’s a shame with the drop off that this team has had since the beginning of season. Finish strong next week and move on

Defensively, it was apparent that was little effort vs BH where there was no pass rush and the secondary play was as bad as it gets.  BH had 600+ yards and only punted 1 time, but the obvious poor effort was noticed right before half of the KP game on the long TD pass.

Usually in HS, football players get better as the season progresses.  Nederland’s OL, QB, and secondary may have gotten worse during the season. 

I think for all who watched the Dogs these past 2 games, it should have been apparent that there was a lack of effort.

9 minutes ago, glassjoe said:

So many things on this season...but this is about this game.

Fusilier was finally put in the backfield (no matter what the real reason was for this obvious late season “adjustment” 🙄)

Dogs had their best night of rushing all year (Fusilier has 13-119 in 1st half)

His touches in 2nd half were cut in half. KP knee he was getting the ball all night and they still couldn’t stop him, so why stop getting him the ball?

Defense is significantly depleted w injuries. Starting corner, starting free safety and backup free safety and Beck...some kids in those spots without any reps (seems like they would have benefited from more than  ONE practice this week)...yes, just 1

Kids are playing the best they can, leave it at that. It’s a shame with the drop off that this team has had since the beginning of season. Finish strong next week and move on

I find it hard to believe they don't have a QB either as a backup or on JV they could have moved up (several weeks ago).  If not then next year might not be great either.  

It’s easy for myself and the rest of us armchair coaches to second guess…. Possibly if we had started the season with fuselier at QB… Always nice to have the ball in the hands of your best athlete every play…. It is what it is… that’s why I’m coaching from a lazy boy…. Go Dogs!!!

13 minutes ago, outanup said:

It’s easy for myself and the rest of us armchair coaches to second guess…. Possibly if we had started the season with fuselier at QB… Always nice to have the ball in the hands of your best athlete every play…. It is what it is… that’s why I’m coaching from a lazy boy…. Go Dogs!!!

I honestly thought they were gonna have Fuselier at QB at the start of the 2nd half. Things didn't work out. 

1 hour ago, Bigdog said:

I find it hard to believe they don't have a QB either as a backup or on JV they could have moved up (several weeks ago).  If not then next year might not be great either.  

You obviously not paying to close attention to the younger pooches. Since big dog is your handle one would think your in the know. 

48 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

I had certainty of 10,000 suns that Ned would win.  I was talking to a parent of a player and he was telling me how the bulldogs had one day of practice but I was like, 'they will win anyway.....'

Damn Ned......

Hope you didn't lose any money on that game. :)

7 hours ago, Bigdog said:

No, I don't watch the JV games if that's what your asking.   I know some people do.

I think Aiden Sunday is the future.  He is a freshman. Next year won't be good if JV is any indication.  They were not good AT ALL.  The Freshman group will be our next good group.