Happy National Coaches Day

TradenupBH

Shout out to the best coach Jasper has ever had...Gene Walkoviak. Early in his tenure there, only the district champ made the playoffs and Hebert was the best team in the area. I don't remember who their coach was, but that man probably cost us a shot at a couple of really deep playoff runs. 

I love talking old school football. There were so many good teams back then in 9-4A. I'll always miss those days. 

12 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Shout out to the best coach Jasper has ever had...Gene Walkoviak. Early in his tenure there, only the district champ made the playoffs and Hebert was the best team in the area. I don't remember who their coach was, but that man probably cost us a shot at a couple of really deep playoff runs. 

I love talking old school football. There were so many good teams back then in 9-4A. I'll always miss those days. 

he won 75% of the 200+ games during his 20 year tenure as Jasper head coach. I played during his time and had /have alot of respect for him. he was somewhat old school but it worked.

Just now, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

he won 75% of the 200+ games during his 20 year tenure as Jasper head coach. I played during his time and had /have alot of respect for him. he was somewhat old school but it worked.

Yep. He ran that old veer offense to death and won with great defense. Most of the staff was with him the whole time, too. That continuity was good for us and the health of the program. 

29 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

lol. speaking of Hebert.  in 1980  Coach had an undefeated Bulldog team in the regular season but did NOT make playoffs.

8-0-2 the Bulldogs were. Tied with Huntsville 15-15 early in the season. Then tied with Hebert in the next to last game of regular season 10-10.

Huntsville beat Hebert during playoffs while on their way to winning State Championship.

10 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Coach for Hebert was Alex Durley. Great coach and great man.