District 10-4A-1 Predictions

Hagar

13 hours ago, PirateNole984 said:

I've watched 2 WOS games this year.  1st was against LCM, 2nd was against newton.  The LCM vs WOS score is misleading.  WOS did not play near their potential, very sloppy tackling and a ton of penalties.  The WOS looked more like more WOS against Newton.  Maybe WOS played down to their competition...IDK.  OR it could be that LCM is that much improved.

I’ve only watched the one game against LCM. 
But, I’ve seen teams that collapse against equal competition but will dominate even slightly lesser opponents. 

Performance is not linear. It’s hard to explain (for me at least) without drawing a graph.  Like the concept of momentum in a game. A d-line gets a pressure, then a great tackle for loss, maybe a sack. And suddenly they look unstoppable. Like sharks smelling blood in the water. 

what changed? That’s the same line that was average the previous quarter. It also works the other way when the offense gets big plays in a row.  You see the defense kinda accept their fate and wither.

Young teams tend to do this regardless of their ability.  It shows up first as mental mistakes as they try to out-effort the other guy.  Then suddenly, a contagious fatigue spreads through the whole team. Its a 3rd quarter phenomenon.

It’s not intentional, a normal human reaction really.  Mature teams are not as susceptible.

32 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

I’ve only watched the one game against LCM. 
But, I’ve seen teams that collapse against equal competition but will dominate even slightly lesser opponents. 

Performance is not linear. It’s hard to explain (for me at least) without drawing a graph.  Like the concept of momentum in a game. A d-line gets a pressure, then a great tackle for loss, maybe a sack. And suddenly they look unstoppable. Like sharks smelling blood in the water. 

what changed? That’s the same line that was average the previous quarter. It also works the other way when the offense gets big plays in a row.  You see the defense kinda accept their fate and wither.

Young teams tend to do this regardless of their ability.  It shows up first as mental mistakes as they try to out-effort the other guy.  Then suddenly, a contagious fatigue spreads through the whole team. Its a 3rd quarter phenomenon.

It’s not intentional, a normal human reaction really.  Mature teams are not as susceptible.

Very good post and you make some good points.  Particularly liked the part about ‘teams collapsing against equal opponents then dominate slightly lesser opponents’.  Seen it many times.  In recent years Vidor has been an anomaly in the sense they may collapse against an equal or slightly inferior opponent, then play like hades against someone who should donkey stomp them.  Just two quick examples, in 2019 Vidor defeats Crosby.  It made little sense.  Crosby was 0-3 but Manvel only beat them 13 points, while Vidor was 1-1 having lost to Montgomery, who only won 2 games all year.  Then in 2020 Vidor (2-3 in District) meets Lindale, who ended up in the SC game.  Lindale beat them by only 16.  A forty point blowout would’ve surprised no one.  No accounting, for me, why this stuff happens.

On 9/11/2021 at 1:10 PM, Hagar said:

Well known for being a weak District, but they have an impressive start to this year with 14 wins and 3 losses.  HH 3-0, LCM 2-1, Liv 2-1, Ltown 2-1, Splendora 2-0, and Vidor 3-0.  Admittedly most of them against weaker opponents, but it’s extremely hard building a winning tradition playing bigger better schools.

On the plus side, Ltown and LCM have played some good football.  The District race should be a good one, with those two joining HH, Liv, and Vidor vying for DC and playoff spots.  Splendora could also be a factor.  Appears parody has come to this District.  

VIDOR

HH

LIV

Ltown

LCM

Splendora

Dare I say this may actually be an exciting district. 

10 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Is Shepard any good? They usually struggle 

Have a 2-3 record with wins over Tarkington & Coldspring.  Honest answer, no, but they’re better or comparable to the rest of the Splendora schedule.  Their one mistake was scheduling HF this year.  HF put a 41-21 drubbing on them.  Still, 4-1 looks good.  😄

1 minute ago, Hagar said:

Have a 2-3 record with wins over Tarkington & Coldspring.  Honest answer, no, but they’re better or comparable to the rest of the Splendora schedule.  Their one mistake was scheduling HF this year.  HF put a 41-21 drubbing on them.  Still, 4-1 looks good.  😄

LCM beat HF 26-6 and they called the game in the 4th. HF isn’t any good lol

1 hour ago, BattlinBear02 said:

LCM at Huffman next week will tell us alot

Yes, will be the premier game of week one of district play.  The Bears are so improved most (myself included) slept on them earlier.  I’m now convinced they’ll be somewhere in the top three.  IMO, between HH, Liv, LCM & Vidor any of those teams could beat the other three.  Parity with a capital P.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Yes it will. It will tell you if your Bears are district champions are not. district championship right here

May possibly be.  And the following week LCM plays Vidor.  The Bears have the opportunity to establish themselves at the top of the hill.  We have some great football to look forward too.

1 minute ago, Hagar said:

May possibly be.  And the following week LCM plays Vidor.  The Bears have the opportunity to establish themselves at the top of the hill.  We have some great football to look forward too.

IMO LCM beats Vidor by a few scores because better coaching prevails . Good luck to all the teams, It should be a fun season in district

6 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

IMO LCM beats Vidor by a few scores because better coaching prevails . Good luck to all the teams, It should be a fun season in district

LCM has gotten themselves a very good Coach, but I’ll be surprised if there’s more than a one TD difference, whoever wins.  Not throwing in the towel on Vidor’s chances yet.

4 minutes ago, Hagar said:

LCM has gotten themselves a very good Coach, but I’ll be surprised if there’s more than a one TD difference, whoever wins.  Not throwing in the towel on Vidor’s chances yet.

He’s going to get all those Vidor boys worked up. I still think LCM is winning the series by 2 games we can’t let y’all pass us lol 

8 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

He’s going to get all those Vidor boys worked up. I still think LCM is winning the series by 2 games we can’t let y’all pass us lol 

Lol, you’d probably be the only team Vidor could claim that of.  😂😂😂