Were will your Team play there first playoff game?

Land95

Guest TravelingBandsman

If we play North Forest Smiley, then we'll probably be put in either Stallworth Stadium or the North Shore Stadium. I would think the latter.

hey j-dog i like for them DOGS to play in huntsville to i have never seen jasper drop a game at Sam Houston.They might have but i have not seen one yet

almost true.  sadly Jasper lost one of the biggest games in its history at Bowers Stadium in 1986.  Lost to WOS 15-20 in the QF, and WOS went on to win state.  Hooks said that if Jasper had won that game, that Jasper most likely would have won state over the two teams WOS played in the semis and finals. 

but that is the only playoff loss I remember by Jasper at Bowers.  There may have been some regular season losses against Huntsville.  Now I remember several regular season losses BEFORE they opened up Bowers Stadium for sure.

I am puzzled about one thing though.  I don't remember a single playoff game being scheduled at Bowers last year, and very few the past three years.  Maybe they raised the rental rate ???  the games all seem to go to Conroe now.

almost true.  sadly Jasper lost one of the biggest games in its history at Bowers Stadium in 1986.  Lost to WOS 15-20 in the QF, and WOS went on to win state.  Hooks said that if Jasper had won that game, that Jasper most likely would have won state over the two teams WOS played in the semis and finals. 

but that is the only playoff loss I remember by Jasper at Bowers.  There may have been some regular season losses against Huntsville.  Now I remember several regular season losses BEFORE they opened up Bowers Stadium for sure.

I am puzzled about one thing though.  I don't remember a single playoff game being scheduled at Bowers last year, and very few the past three years.  Maybe they raised the rental rate ???  the games all seem to go to Conroe now.

In the mid 90's I think Jasper lost to Clear Brook in Huntsville. But my memory is not what it used to be.

Guest TravelingBandsman

Isn't Dayton playing Crosby? Or has neither team clinched a spot yet?

I think it goes like this...

For High Seed:  Dayton win by more than 1, or Nederland win

For Low Seed: Dayton loss and Lumberton win (Both in order to happen)

Low Seed will probably play Crosby

High Seed will probably play Smiley.

In the mid 90's I think Jasper lost to Clear Brook in Huntsville. But my memory is not what it used to be.

I watched Jasper play Clear Brook twice, both at Huntsville, and Jasper won both of those games.  The last win advanced Jasper to the QF where they got wiped out by a LaMarque team that my LaMarque friend said was by far the best of all the great LaMarque teams.  Those guys were HUGE to say the least, and FAST.  They lived all day in the Astrodome in Jasper's backfield.  Maybe there was a third time that Jasper played Clear Brook, but I can't remember that for sure.  We need to check with WOS87.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder