White Privilege ?

Hagar

19 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

True and I agree. BUT... One might pose these questions to refute your opinion:

How many black owners are there?

How many black GM’s are there?

As a percentage, how many black head coaches? (That number is increasing)

A plantation may be comprised of 85% blacks, but who reaps the rewards?...

They all reaping awards by playing a game and getting paid to do it.

8 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

A plantation may be comprised of 85% blacks, but who reaps the rewards? If we are going back to the 1800's, I guess the Plantation owner benefits......If we are talking current day, that 85% is being paid and want to be there, as they are not obligated to stay.....

Now, back to current times. The only way to make a system perfect is to pick and choose.  Should we be denying good black people to play basketball to add enough white people to mirror the demographics of the country or State? Should we do the same for Football.  For Oscars and Academy awards, should it go to who earns it, or should be let lesser talent win so it matches a perceived demographic of fairness? 

It just makes no sense to me.... These organizations sign all of these minority players to multimillion dollar contracts, but then they're all just a bunch of racists because the coach isn't black.   Trust me... there are plenty of white dudes that would LOVE those player contracts.  I guess the teams only want the best man for the spot when it comes to players, not to coaches and front office staff.

But I'm also the first person to admit that any company that hires a black person wouldn't turn around and fire them just because they're black.  It's just stupidity to even make the claim.  

2 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

A plantation may be comprised of 85% blacks, but who reaps the rewards? If we are going back to the 1800's, I guess the Plantation owner benefits......If we are talking current day, that 85% is being paid and want to be there, as they are not obligated to stay.....

Now, back to current times. The only way to make a system perfect is to pick and choose.  Should we be denying good black people to play basketball to add enough white people to mirror the demographics of the country or State? Should we do the same for Football.  For Oscars and Academy awards, should it go to who earns it, or should be let lesser talent win so it matches a perceived demographic of fairness? 

If you believe in success and achievement, you'd want the best person to win regardless of skin color.  If you think a person's skin color matters more than results... you're a racist, regardless of which color you prefer.

3 hours ago, Big girl said:

Someone tried to allude to the fact that black quaterbacks rely on their scrambling and athleticism, and white quaterbacks rely on their intellect. There are white qb's that scrabble; as well. There are black quaterbacks that are pocket passers. I am not talking about Superbowl wins.

Who do you want qb’ing your team, Watson or Brady?

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Warren Moon is an exceptional example of a pocket black guy....   The point is this.... Why is it racist to say "white guys make better quarterbacks" but nobody has a problem with "black dudes make better running backs?"  My guess is that you don't have a problem with 95% of the rbs in the league being black.  Just with the lack of black qbs.  Unless you're willing to give 70% of the rb spots to white guys without further discussion, then you aren't being fair, equitable, just, etc, and your arguments about "diversity" are just thinly veiled racism.  

I have a problem with people saying that black men were not smart enough to be quaterbacks. That's not the truth

4 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

The players who are probably making more than the head coach?

Warren Moon was one of the best QBs I have ever seen play. He was passed on by the NFL because they weren’t ready for a black QB. Dak Prescott reminds me of Moon because both were right handed and could roll to their left and, throwing across their body, and could still get enough on the ball to knock you down. Moon took the Oilers to the playoffs and Houston couldn’t even sell out a home playoff game. It was blacked out..... and Oiler fans wonder why they moved to Nashville. How’s that Big Girl?

Too many things have to come together for a team to win a SB. When you have a scrambler, he is someone depended on to somehow beat you with his legs. Defenses can gear up for this and shut it down. The pocket passer..... if the defense cannot sack the QB, he will always beat you with his arm. Has nothing to do with brains. Dan  Marino was one of the best all time passers and never won a SB. 
Ok. Mods can insert this into the sports forum if need be. 

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

I have a problem with people saying that black men were not smart enough to be quaterbacks. That's not the truth

I agree with you. I think that a lot of times explosive young black qbs develop in systems that rely more on their athleticism instead of developing into prototypical “field generals.” It’s also a situation where a lot of white kids end up with private coaches, etc…. when compared to their black qbs. I also think it’s why so many black qbs end up being switched to other positions in college and even at the pro level… the raw athleticism gets them into the show even if the qb skills aren’t top level. 

You have to admit that guys like Brady and Eli didn’t have all of that success because of their athleticism. It was brain power and pretty good arms. 

I guess that’s the whole point that I’ve never been able to get across properly. Instead of worrying about what somebody is saying you can’t do, (black guys can’t play qb) why not take pride in what you can do? I had a black family member (by way of marriage) that came to one of the kid’s football games in Bridge City. He looked out at the field at all of our white boys and was like “who’s gonna run the ball?” It was one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard. 

19 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

It just makes no sense to me.... These organizations sign all of these minority players to multimillion dollar contracts, but then they're all just a bunch of racists because the coach isn't black.   Trust me... there are plenty of white dudes that would LOVE those player contracts.  I guess the teams only want the best man for the spot when it comes to players, not to coaches and front office staff.

But I'm also the first person to admit that any company that hires a black person wouldn't turn around and fire them just because they're black.  It's just stupidity to even make the claim.  

Are you saying that there are not any black qualified coaches?

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

Are you saying that there are not any black qualified coaches?

The whole thing in a nutshell is this: as a white person, I am supposed to accept every other race as my equal, you know, not see color, yet everyday, you remind me what color you are.