Richmond Foster 62 Barbers Hill 25/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Richmond Foster 62 Barbers Hill 25/FINAL
48 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

why do you think that? 

If a coach wants to run off a player, he is going to sit her on the bench, put her on JV something to that effect.

If you want to call running an certain offense or a certain defense or the way the man coaches and not changing these to fit a certain individual, running off a player then I guess he chased her off, but I would call that the player and/or the players parents trying to dictate how things are run and the coach not giving into demands.

In all honesty, none of really know what happened unless you are the player, the players parents and coach, maybe. All of us are speculating as to what happened.

1 hour ago, OneChance said:

If a coach wants to run off a player, he is going to sit her on the bench, put her on JV something to that effect.

If you want to call running an certain offense or a certain defense or the way the man coaches and not changing these to fit a certain individual, running off a player then I guess he chased her off, but I would call that the player and/or the players parents trying to dictate how things are run and the coach not giving into demands.

In all honesty, none of really know what happened unless you are the player, the players parents and coach, maybe. All of us are speculating as to what happened.

Your second paragraph is the speculation that you are referring to at the end of your statement.  You can think that it was the actions a parent/player to get a coach to change his system that was the catalyst of the change, but X's and O's were not the culprit.

It could be a number of things, it could be the school (education), the admin, kid just doesn’t like playing for coach, mom and dad don’t like coach for whatever reason. Like I said they are the only ones that truly know. Sounds like you know as well, so I assume you are close friends or you are a parent. I don’t consider a kid or parent not liking the coach for whatever reason, the coach chasing off the player. I consider that the player leaving for personal reasons. It’s probably just how we each individually interpret the situation (which I have no clue what it is)

8 hours ago, Steven Avery said:

why do you think that? 

Coach, what's really interesting is that you quoted and questioned OnceChance's speculative thought, i.e., "I don't think the coach ran off the player." 

Interesting, you did not touch the quote specifically addressed to you, which is: "Maybe don't run off your best player before the season starts and you might have a better chance." 

Surely, it's been a while since I've posted here, even though several darts have been thrown Dalanna and her parent's way; however, I thought OneChance ties are with Port Neches Grove, not Barbers Hill? So, not only is it interesting that you posed the question to OneChance, but OneChance foolishly and inaccurately responded with your deflecting views and opinions to the situation.

Further, please know that today, I received and read your January 29th private message. Any reasonable person would view your message as insulting and condescending. I don't think you want to open Pandora's Box with me. 

7 hours ago, OneChance said:

So, if a coach wants to run off a player, he is going to sit her on the bench, or put her on JV something to that effect? LOL! Certainly, that's an interesting and very simplistic thought that if a Coach wanted to run off Dalanna, the Coach would have put her on the bench or put her on JV something to that effect.

Let's see:

(1) If you want to call running a[n] certain offense or a certain defense; (2) or the way the man coaches and not changing these to fit a certain individual; (3) .... but I would call that the player and/or the players parents trying to dictate how things are run and the coach not giving into demands."

42 minutes ago, Hoopster-007 said:

Coach, what's really interesting is that you quoted and questioned OnceChance's speculative thought, i.e., "I don't think the coach ran off the player." 

Interesting, you did not touch the quote specifically addressed to you, which is: "Maybe don't run off your best player before the season starts and you might have a better chance." 

Surely, it's been a while since I've posted here, even though several darts have been thrown Dalanna and her parent's way; however, I thought OneChance ties are with Port Neches Grove, not Barbers Hill? So, not only is it interesting that you posed the question to OneChance, but OneChance foolishly and inaccurately responded with your deflecting views and opinions to the situation.

Further, please know that today, I received and read your January 29th private message. Any reasonable person would view your message as insulting and condescending. I don't think you want to open Pandora's Box with me. 

Question wasn’t posed to me, I just responded. You are absolutely correct, I have nothing to do with Barbers Hill, actually I have nothing to do with HS girls basketball anymore, just talking in a public forum and apparently ruffling some feathers in the process. If you guys have the inside as to what happened, then obviously it’s not a big secret, so enlighten us foolish ones and inform us of how coach chased her off at the beginning of the season??? 

43 minutes ago, OneChance said:

Question wasn’t posed to me, I just responded. You are absolutely correct, I have nothing to do with Barbers Hill, actually I have nothing to do with HS girls basketball anymore, just talking in a public forum and apparently ruffling some feathers in the process. If you guys have the inside as to what happened, then obviously it’s not a big secret, so enlighten us foolish ones and inform us of how coach chased her off at the beginning of the season??? 

Mr. Troy, perhaps you should reread and you will see where the question was posed to you on 2/22/2021 at 12:21 pm. Coach asked you, "Why do you think that?" And, you answered in such a way to remove any perceived fault of the Coach and solely placed fault on "the player and/or the players parents."

No, you are doing more than simply "talking in a public forum," and it's unfortunate you don't realize it. Perhaps you would if you and yours were bashed and the victims of unsubstantiated rumors.

So, after you have made a false, misleading and asinine posting, you seek enlightenment and want to know the inside as to what happened? Damn, you are messy.

Yes, sorry I was thinking of the earlier portion of the thread.

Yes, he posed a question and I gave an answer as to “why I thought that”.

So, I answered as to why I THOUGHT that, I didn’t answer the question based on any rumors, I have never heard any rumors, I have no contacts in the BH area. As far as you believing I’m placing the blame on the player and/or the parents, I’m not placing blame on anybody, what I am doing is saying it was the player/parents decision to move/change schools, could I be wrong? Absolutely, but I would heavily lean towards that decision was made with the family and that the coach did not make that decision and I would be absolutely dumb founded to find out that a coach would want that talented of a player to do that. Could I be wrong? Again, absolutely.

So, let’s go 

On 2/22/2021 at 11:13 AM, TWH99 said:

Maybe don't run off your best player before the season starts and you might have a better chance.

This, is what I originally commented on and made a simple reply that “I didn’t think the coach RAN OFF the player” One of the other members posted that one of my paragraphs was “speculation” It’s ALL speculation, I don’t have a clue what happened behind those closed doors!!

As far as my question to “enlighten us foolish ones” was and will never get answered, that was simply me being a mess and a smart ass.

15 hours ago, Hoopster-007 said:

#1) Thats exactly why I questioned onechances thought, as a known PNG fan and parent, what would make them think that? Maybe they knew something we didnt?  

#2) I didnt address the other quote because I am not the coach and since I am not that didnt apply. That response was directed at the person who was shocked at the score.

#3)Last time I checked, this years squad finished in the same round as last years squad, a blowout loss in round 2.