Hardest Hitter in Area???

Allie Beach from Orangefield has improved lately on her power since they have modified the way they set for her. If she continues to get better she will be something to reckon with next year. So much depends on the setter, though.

I agree she can hit the ball very hard, but sometimes they tend to fly out.  I think with a little more work she'll be the hardest hitter for sure next year.

I guess that's why they only have one loss in district. If you don't do it in warmups you wont do it in games. Them Tigers can bring it for sure.

The Johnson girl from Kountze doesn't punish everyone that tries to put a block on her......I blocked her the last time we played her. She could be a decent player if she didn't throw fits during her game when something goes wrong.

well.. i doubt she was throwing fits. and im sure if you did block her, you had help. and just curious.. but did you block every hit she hit all night? and did they win?

yeah..they won. But I was the only one blocking her. And no I didn't block EVERY hit she hit all night...just like she didn't block ALL mine...that's nearly impossible.

Saw the Johnson girl yesterday and will say that if she has a great set from her setter, then she can really bring the hammer.  Just imagine what she could do with a really good setter.  Great blocker...probably better at that than hitting as she got quite a few blocks.  Some of her kill attempts went out of bounds but I can see her getting better.  I didn't see her throw a fit like 08Softball said, but her coach sure did by throwing her clipboard down really loudly when her player misplayed a ball.

Saw the Johnson girl yesterday and will say that if she has a great set from her setter, then she can really bring the hammer.  Just imagine what she could do with a really good setter.  Great blocker...probably better at that than hitting as she got quite a few blocks.  Some of her kill attempts went out of bounds but I can see her getting better.  I didn't see her throw a fit like 08Softball said, but her coach sure did by throwing her clipboard down really loudly when her player misplayed a ball.

i bet it was a good game! im sure coach was just frustrated. lol. i bet that was funny though

Kayla is good player at the 2a Level, she wouldn't compete  that good at the 3a level, 4a, and 5a she's in slow motion all the time.....Far as hardest hitters in the area shes not even in the top 15, you have ozen,png,nederland,central,lcm,silsbee,fannett,bcity,lumberton,dayton.....all those teams have atleast 2 hitters better than the johnson girl so no she's not one of the hardest hitters so don't even put her in this group.

You should have seen her when we played in Kountze...or better yet since you're from Hardin, ask #9 on the Hardin Volleyball Team if she threw a fit...

are you #9?? i heard the libero misplayed on of her hits and took it off the face and took a second to gather herself? is she #9>

The libero is #3 and I did not see anyone take a hit to the face the other night.  However, Kaila did hit about 3-4 balls very hard, but they were perfect sets.  She is only effective when the set is just right.  IMO, the setter is not one of the better ones I've seen.  Even so, I think Kaila's forte is blocking.  When they played Hardin the other night, she was right in the mix for a block just about every time she was in front row. I want to guess that she got about 8 blocks that night.  What grade is she in?  Anyways, like someone else said she is a very good 2A hitter; I have seen better ones in the past, but she is probably the hardest hitter I've seen this year.

On another note, did anyone watch the volleyball match between #1 Nebraska and #5 Texas on TV the other night?  Texas won in 3 straight, but the amazing thing is that Texas has a hitter (who also happens to be Texas' high jumper on the track team) that can reach 10 foot 10 inches on a vertical leap, according to the announcer.  I was not able to watch it b/c the channel had a Rockets game instead but I heard that she was basically hitting it over Nebraska's 6'5" middle blocker  en route to 17 kills for the match.  Wow :o

The libero is #3 and I did not see anyone take a hit to the face the other night.  However, Kaila did hit about 3-4 balls very hard, but they were perfect sets.  She is only effective when the set is just right.  IMO, the setter is not one of the better ones I've seen.  Even so, I think Kaila's forte is blocking.  When they played Hardin the other night, she was right in the mix for a block just about every time she was in front row. I want to guess that she got about 8 blocks that night.  What grade is she in?  Anyways, like someone else said she is a very good 2A hitter; I have seen better ones in the past, but she is probably the hardest hitter I've seen this year.

On another note, did anyone watch the volleyball match between #1 Nebraska and #5 Texas on TV the other night?  Texas won in 3 straight, but the amazing thing is that Texas has a hitter (who also happens to be Texas' high jumper on the track team) that can reach 10 foot 10 inches on a vertical leap, according to the announcer.  I was not able to watch it b/c the channel had a Rockets game instead but I heard that she was basically hitting it over Nebraska's 6'5" middle blocker  en route to 17 kills for the match.  Wow :o

she is a JR.. and  ive seen games where she has had kills that were like oh my.. dont even try to dig that. lol

dude are ya'll serious i think i would have to go with kaila johnson...that girl hits harder than all those girls and she is more accurate with her KILLS

you must be biased for Kountze in general b/c I have seen her play several times this year and while she does hit very hard, she has to have a perfect set to hit it hard.  The mark of a great hitter is a hitter that can make something out of nothing and she has yet to prove that to me.  However, she is a JR so next year ought to be a good year for her (mark it up to a learning curve).  Accuracy is something she needs to work on.  The last game I saw her play, she only hit 3-4 balls hard and 2 went for kills (the others were digged by the defense) and I saw quite a few balls go out of bounds when she hit them.

Now if this had been a thread for best blocker, then Johnson wins it hands down.  She is always around the ball on the front row defensewise. 

alright.. well.. I feel like I have to defend myself. I don't remember throwing any type of fit.. but, who knows. I know that I am not the best hitter in the area. Maybe in 24 2A... but definately not in the area. There are some good hitters around the area and I'm most likely not one of them. I may be able to compete but not the best. Oh, and is there such a thing as a "perfect set"... If your talking about the coach throwing them in warmups then yeah.. those are my favorites and I can put those down. But also, just to say, I hit alot out in the hardin game that I shouldn't have, and I was very frustrated with myself. But my team came together to play well and I was very proud of them. I just hope that we continue to stay together and we could take down tatum. So, wish us luck! Way to go Lionettes! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well said, Kaila!

Don't let these airbags on these forums bother you.

I tell you, opinions are like ears. Everybody has em, but some are just plain ugly!

Kaila is a great all around athlete and honor student. She will also make all district this season for the Lionettes basketball team.

We wish we still had her at Lumberton!

Love ya kiddo,

Mr. W

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Fly-out to RF ends the inning.  3 outs for a trip to the regional finals/state quarterfinals.     Chester up 11-8.  Brookeland coming to the plate with 2-3-4.
    • Nicholls as you all likely know must lose to McNeese tomorrow for Lamar to be the out right conference champion. That is what most of us want to see.   With that said here's an odd scenario that could happen. There are 3 games left in conference play as Northwestern is playing out of conference and 2 of the 4 series are complete.  The aforementioned Nicholls vs McNeese and 2 games in the UIW and HCU series are left to play. If Nicholls wins and UIW spilts with HCU there will be a 4 way tie for 5th. McNeese, Southeastern. Corpus, and UIW would all sit at 10-14.  No idea on the conference tie breaker for tournament seeds. Truly wish the conference had a better website that already stated this as well as the tiebreaker scenario.  It has been one fun season and see you all in Hammond Wednesday. Well, some of you. Go Cards!! Uncle Spidey...you da man!!!  Snakehead, thanks for the updates.  Everyone else, have a great summer and enjoy what's left of the college baseball season. 
    • K for Chester to lead off.  Great diving catch in CF by Coulter for Brookeland for out 2.
    • Getting heated with the coaches for Brookeland and the umps.  I’m not quite sure what is going on.  Brookeland coaches contending the fans are cheering too loud.  
    • Yeah… I was on a jury for a custody modification where the dad was accused of being inappropriate with the child by mom. Law enforcement wasn’t involved. The first thing one of the jurors said when we began deliberating was “I’m sorry… but they (the dad’s counsel) didn’t prove that he didn’t do it.”  Were you even listening to the instructions?
  • Topics