Hardin-Jefferson 59 Lumberton 47/FINAL

WOSgrad

On 12/31/2020 at 5:29 AM, whsalum said:

I’m not sure Id believe this statement. HJ had to have a little to do with it. I wish the McClure kid the best at Lamar but I’m not convinced his game translates into D1 college basketball. JMO for what it’s worth. 

Huh???? Lol 

his game translates exactly into D1 college basketball. He will get to actually play his position at the next level. Kid is a flat out pure shooter and can score at will. He was missing shots that he hardly ever does against hj. 

On 12/31/2020 at 3:50 PM, whsalum said:

So are you saying in all those games you’ve never seen a D1 player who doesn’t belong ? Whether a player is D1 or not is irrelevant once they sign. That’s when all the opinions come in to play. Once again I wish the young man nothing but the bests . 

Not sure what you’re asking.  Based on what I think you’re asking, sometimes I think a particular kid is a different level at D1 than where he signs, not that he “isn’t a D1 kid.”   Some places and levels are better fits than others.  The smart kids find the best school and level for him.

As for Brock, with his size and athleticism, combined with his ability to shoot the basketball, he will do quite well in the Southland conference in my opinion.   He’s obviously a bright kid based upon his academics...his choice in school amplified that for me. 

11 hours ago, DeuceSixSuited said:

Huh???? Lol 

his game translates exactly into D1 college basketball. He will get to actually play his position at the next level. Kid is a flat out pure shooter and can score at will. He was missing shots that he hardly ever does against hj. 

My comment was in regards to the young mans performance having nothing to do with HJ. Most times defenders have some affect on poor shooting performances. I wish nothing but the best for this young man at Lamar. I honestly hope your right and he excels there. It’s been awhile since the Cardinals basketball team has been exciting. I miss those days.

11 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Not sure what you’re asking.  Based on what I think you’re asking, sometimes I think a particular kid is a different level at D1 than where he signs, not that he “isn’t a D1 kid.”   Some places and levels are better fits than others.  The smart kids find the best school and level for him.

As for Brock, with his size and athleticism, combined with his ability to shoot the basketball, he will do quite well in the Southland conference in my opinion.   He’s obviously a bright kid based upon his academics...his choice in school amplified that for me. 

I think we lose sight of how much talent it takes to play D1 college basketball. Today’s college game demands not only pure shooting skills but also big bodies and physicality. I know as you get into the mid majors we see a drop off in these traits to some extent but they are still there. I hope the young man excels at Lamar I hope even more that he gets the type of education there that makes him successful.