*WO-S 65 HJ 0 Final/Comments*

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah wos could have scored in the 70's but had respect for the team and then not want to run up the score and make them look badder then they already did....well congrats to my fellow teammates ...and coach hooks and coach thompson.....by the way coach t my butt is still swore from that swat i got the other day.....i hope the best of luck to the hawks in the future....

That's all they wanted to do from the get-go. I felt bad for the players.

Don't play to not lose by too much. How much worse could it be? Open it up and throw! Their only positive yards were on two long passes.

Besides - I don't think a coach should be upset about another team "running up the score." With all due respect to the wonderful and friendly HF fans on this site: Coach, if you don't want the team to run up the score, then stop them.

Heard their coach wasn't happy at the half.  He was dropping the f-bomb at our coaches.  Gimme a break.  He didn't even have a game plan.  He ran the ball straight up the middle.  You cannot run the ball up the middle against the 'Stangs.  Heard one of WOS coaches say Hawk coach was just trying to run out the clock (the entire game).  What kind of message does that send to your players?  We'll just lay down before the game even starts.   

Yeah, I saw their coach fussing, but I didn't know he was directing it at our coaches. What exactly did he want them to do? We ran the ball most of the time, it's not our fault that we got 20 yards a carry. It was obvious to me that Hj came out very intimidated. Their players was looking for the ground before our players even hit them and look like their best player took himself out the game early. It makes you think that their coach may have given them the impression during his speech before the game that it's no way they can win this game. You teach your team to play with heart until the end, not how to play not to lose. I felt sorry for their Qb, it looked like their offensive line stopped even trying to block for him...he ran for his life the whole night and couldn't avoid getting sacked. Keep your heads up HJ, just play with heart no matter what  is happening on the field, you will earn respect from the other team by doing that. It was so bad that Wo-s put in a Qb they just moved up from the JV #28 Roderick Simmons(who is Depauldrick and Quintavious Garrett's little brother)and he scored a touchdown. Wo-s played an excellent game, but we really need to figure out how to fix our kicking game before the playoffs. We missed just about every extra point. That can't happen in the playoffs when we come up against better teams or we'll lose.

Heard their coach wasn't happy at the half.  He was dropping the f-bomb at our coaches.  Gimme a break.  He didn't even have a game plan.  He ran the ball straight up the middle.  You cannot run the ball up the middle against the 'Stangs.  Heard one of WOS coaches say Hawk coach was just trying to run out the clock (the entire game).  What kind of message does that send to your players?  We'll just lay down before the game even starts.   

Yeah, I had a feeling that would be an issue. He and his brother have a history of being real touchy about scoring on them. In fact, I posted a thread about this very subject yesterday. That is the objective, isn't it? I am very glad to see that we worked on some things that needed work like, the passing game. And for the record, we didn't throw a pass after the first drive of the 3rd quarter. We just ran the ball and they couldn't stop it.

Team Stats

West Orange-Stark    Hardin-Jefferson

Total yards                              487                    15

First downs                              21                      5

Rushes/Yds                          31/295                37/-56

Average rush                          9.52                  -1.51

Comp/Atts                              8/9                    3/6

Pass yards                              192                    71

Comp pct                              88.89                    50

Punts                                        0                      8

Punting Yards                            0                    184

Punting Average                          0                    23

Fumbles/Lost                            1/1                    3/1

Penalties-yards                        6-55                  3-15

Guest totalsportsprogram

I was at this game with a friend last night. 

1)  HJ's game plan was to try and keep the ball out of WOS hands as much as possible by using the full play clock on each snap and possession.  That is not scared, that is smart when you know you are outmatched.

2)  HJ had the ball on their own 20 with 1:30 to go in the half and were clearly just trying to get out of the half alive (down 32-0).  WOS calls timeouts to force HJ to punt.  WOS the proceeds to throw 3 bombs and catch the third one for a score with less than 10 seconds in the half. 

3)  Handing it off and running it with different people is one thing.  You should never ask your players to stop playing hard.  However, calling timeouts to get the ball back (up 32-0) with under two minutes left in the first half is just plain __________________ (you can fill it in)

4)  Beating the ever loving snot out of a good team is one thing (ex:  H-F beating Silsbee last night).  Embarrassing a team that doesn't have a chance before the ball is kicked off is another.

5)  YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW!

1)  HJ's game plan was to try and keep the ball out of WOS hands as much as possible by using the full play clock on each snap and possession.  That is not scared, that is smart when you know you are outmatched.

2)  HJ had the ball on their own 20 with 1:30 to go in the half and were clearly just trying to get out of the half alive (down 32-0).  WOS calls timeouts to force HJ to punt.  WOS the proceeds to throw 3 bombs and catch the third one for a score with less than 10 seconds in the half.  Completely CLASSLESS!

3)  Handing it off and running it with different people is one thing.  You should never ask your players to stop playing hard.  However, calling timeouts to get the ball back (up 32-0) with under two minutes left in the first half is just plain CLASSLESS!

4)  Beating the ever loving snot out of a good team is one thing (ex:  H-F beating Silsbee last night).  Embarrassing a team that doesn't have a chance before the ball is kicked off is another.

5)  WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!

Personally, I'd much rather someone not show mercy on me if we were playing FOOTBALL.

Don't like it? Don't suck!

Classless is a coach reacting with a profanity-laced tirade at opposing coaches where players, fans and kids can overhear it.

Guest totalsportsprogram

That's odd, I saw the so called "tirade" and the players from both teams were gone toward the locker rooms and the only people involved were the officials and coaches. 

"If you don't like it, don't suck"

Seriously, that is the best defense you can come up with for that? 

As I said before, What goes around comes around and You reap what you sow.

That's odd, I saw the so called "tirade" and the players from both teams were gone toward the locker rooms and the only people involved were the officials and coaches. 

"If you don't like it, don't suck"

Seriously, that is the best defense you can come up with for that? 

Seriously, is that the best defense HJ can come up for our offense?

Ouch!

Guest totalsportsprogram

Apparently so, and WOS knew that coming into the game and they certainly knew it at 32-0 with 1:30 left in the half.

What goes around comes around.

2)  HJ had the ball on their own 20 with 1:30 to go in the half and were clearly just trying to get out of the half alive (down 32-0).  WOS calls timeouts to force HJ to punt.  WOS the proceeds to throw 3 bombs and catch the third one for a score with less than 10 seconds in the half. 

3)  Handing it off and running it with different people is one thing.  You should never ask your players to stop playing hard.  However, calling timeouts to get the ball back (up 32-0) with under two minutes left in the first half is just plain __________________ (you can fill it in)

5)  YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW!

At what point in the first half should we have stopped trying to score?  32-0?  26-0?  How about 20-0?

Guest totalsportsprogram

As I said before, running offensive plays and scoring is one thing.  I don't believe you ever ask kids to stop playing hard.  Calling timeouts, up 32-0 without the ball and 1:30 left in the half is another.  Of course, when you call the timeouts to get the ball back one should expect nothing less than three straight pass plays for the end zone, right?  Had the opponent turned it over on their own, the players can't control that.  Coaches calling timeouts to get the ball back though can be controlled.  No sense in it and no need for it.

First things first, this game was lost last monday at hj's practice.  "You play to win the game", you don't play not to lose the game.  Perfect example, look what L-town has done to dayton and central in the last two weeks.  Does anybody think that lumberton has the talent of either of these opponents?  hj fans quit making excuses, and accept the fact that your coaches made no attempt to beat wos.  The second thing is how can you get mad at a coach for running up the score in the first half?  If they would have done that in the 4th or maybe even end of the 3rd, I could have understood.  However the coach was complaining needs to rethink his future with a team whose coaching staff thinks that little of there team not to even attempt to win the game.  The third and most important thing is the fact that once again, wos got nothing out of this game.  Hard to form an opinion on playcalling or anything out of this game, due to poor coaching by hj's coaches. I think the hj coach owes his team an apology for his lack of effort.  Good job Stangs.   THANK GOD FOR CORNEL THOMPSON!

Guest totalsportsprogram

So you spent all week with the HJ coaches?  You were in the film sessions and strategy sessions last weekend?  You were there when the coaches supposedly said "There's no way we can win"?

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that physically HJ simply does not match up with WOS.  Anyone who has any clue about football could see what HJ's game plan was.  Use every bit of the clock and keep the ball as long as possible to keep WOS offense off the field.  The same tactic many pro teams use against he Colts and the Patriots.  Bill Belichic could have been coaching and game planning for the Hawks and it wouldn't have changed the outcome. 

Lumberton is actually quite talented this year.  Did you notice that HJ had no one on the offensive line as big as some of WOS receivers?  I guess that is poor game planning and coaching huh?

Just call a spade a spade, calling timeouts to get the ball back, up 32-0 with 1:30 left in the half is senseless.

What goes around comes around.

ok this dude keep on saying what goes around comes around .....mannn this is football .....its not our fault that we work harder to win and practice and it pays off in the games ...as long as we keep doin wat we do best and thats work hard ..that will never happen to us....seems to me the coaches at hj does not think highly of there players to keep on getting them scored on like that....i mean they could have thrown the ball more because they knew coming into this game they would not be able to run on wos d.....but they kept doing it...and they had a good passing play early but they still choose to run so i thought they were trying to lose

Guest BIG HOUSE

totalsportsprogram,  I agree with you after hearing what happened.......... Coach Credeur would never call a time-out with 1:30 left till half up 32-0...... Heck with that thinking we could have beat New Caney,BC,& Cleveland about 82-0.........

To WO-S fans...don't try to explain a classless act....... >:( >:( >:( >:(

Guest totalsportsprogram

As I said before, running offensive plays and scoring is one thing.  I don't believe you ever ask kids to stop playing hard.

Wow!  The intellectuals have arrived.