Who Do You Want To Play In Non District Starting Next Year?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

West Brook needs to play people like Spring Westfield, Katy, Tyler, etc. during the preseason and quit wasting their time beating up on Central and Ozen.  Not taking anything away from CHS and OHS, but West Brook needs to play state contenders if they are going to make that final push to make the final four each year.  It does a 5A team no good to beat a 4A team and the 4A team risks getting beatup and injured.  I think it is a lose/lose situation for both the 5A and the 4A schools involved.  This is the ONLY thing holding Stump and the boys back from reaching their potential.

West Brook needs to play people like Spring Westfield, Katy, Tyler, etc. during the preseason and quit wasting their time beating up on Central and Ozen.  Not taking anything away from CHS and OHS, but West Brook needs to play state contenders if they are going to make that final push to make the final four each year.  It does a 5A team no good to beat a 4A team and the 4A team risks getting beatup and injured.  I think it is a lose/lose situation for both the 5A and the 4A schools involved.  This is the ONLY thing holding Stump and the boys back from reaching their potential.

This wasnt' being said when Ozen and Central (even Nederlan) was beating up on the Brook.  The way I see it, if they play, they play.  If they dont, oh well.

Guest TravelingBandsman

I hope Coach Stewart replaces Nacogdoches with a harder team. I say keep WO-S and Friendswood. Those Friendswood games are turning into quite the faceoff, and WO-S is always a good game. The Nacogdoches game is never that exciting. I say replace it with a 5A like Humble or Baytown Lee.

Okay, your kidding with statement right? Wo-s couldn't give Kelly much of a game this year? lol Okay, your getting a little to full of yourself, you haven't played anybody who could compete with Wo-s...let's not get crazy...your not on Wo-s level. Easy to make these statements when you know you won't have to back it up.

shah.......I'm not sure WOS would have given Kelly much of a game this year...this is the kinda team that doesnt come around much in private schools..talent,talent and more talent...too bad its heavy with seniors

Since Hull-Daisetta is in a 5 team district, that allows for alot of outside competiton. I'd like to see the following schedule:

1A Groveton (longtime playoff rival)

2A Kountze (had some good games against improved Lions team)

2A Deweyville (old district rival)

2A Hardin (besides WH, HD's biggest rivaly)

1A Burkeville (been down lately, but usually a strong 1A)

Alternates:

3A Tarkington (weak 3A)

2A Anahauc (old rivalry that goes back years)

2A Warren (another old district foe)

2A Newton (why not......lol)

That'd give HD a strong out of district schedule. Three 2A schools, Groveton (who may back to 2A) and Burkeville. Get rid of the THREE private schools (Legacy, Westbury Christ., and Galveston O'Connell) and Buna. Buna is way too much for HD now after years of playing competitive games with the Cougars. Anahauc would bring some intrigue with Coach Barbay now there, and that's a long time matchup. Tarkington needs to have a chance to beat somebody, and maybe they'd play a good game against 1A HD. Newton, well.....nevermind on that one ;D Although it may prepare us for Alto in the playoffs. We may go 1-4 or most likely 2-3/3-2 but it'd be better than playing totally inferior teams or way overpowering teams.

I wish Liberty would drop the Diboll and Stafford game cause I hate the drive.

I can't speak for Stafford, but the most of the folks in Diboll would second that motion! Maybe someone on I-69 will give us a game next go around. If I could make our schedule, it might look like this:

Corrigan-Camden------- ( I'd love to see our old rivalry renewed)

Silsbee----- (They're tough, close and I'd get to stop at the Pickett House and eat fried chicken!)

Livingston---(another old rivalry)

Tatum--- (We've played them at the sub-varsity level for the last two years)

Nacogdoches

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder