22-4A District Champions

Who wins 22-4A this year?  

1. 1. Who wins 22-4A this year?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4.0? Is that their 40 time or their GPA? Is a 4.0 or 4.1 possible in the 40? If so' date=' I was unaware that there were any kids out there that could run those times.[/quote'] :shock: That would be quick! I think what he was trying to say is that WOS has alot more speed than LCM which is true. I think everyone knows that.

Guest GoStangs

Okay, I just got back from the DERA mosquito breeding grounds (aka, the golf course), so I'm going to try to answer some of the earlier posts.

First, talent does not mean speed alone. You still have to be able to tackle, catch, hold on to a football, and so on -- there has to be some athletic ability attached to speed, in other words. WOS has had some fast kids who couldn't play ball, and some not-so-fast kids who had tremendous heart and skill. Granted, though, WOS generally has more speed than most teams in the area, but other teams are able to compensate -- why doesn't your program?

You never replied regarding the seven years without the talent to make it past the first round of the playoffs. I thought that was good stuff, seeing that you brought it up.

I didn't reply, because I didn't see your point as to how that compares to your school. WOS got to the playoffs the 7 years you mentioned (although you left off last year, when the team made it to the semis, for whatever reason, and decided to start your span after a few good years of playoff success, as well). I could go year by year and chronicle all of WOS' past, but I think the point of the conversation was the lack of success your school has endured. Since the bear's last playoff run in 97, they have consistently been one of the weakest teams in the area -- even the year after the playoff run of 97, when you had all those returning, talented players (13 starters coming off an 11-3 season), you all couldn't even muster a .500 season...

Do you all honestly think your school has less talent than everyone else in the area? If so, it doesn't hurt my feelings, though I think it illustrates my theory that the community has low expectations and a poor attitude. Also, why do you think NED and BC, the exmaples in my earlier post, were able to become powerhouse teams from being some of the weakest teams in the area, despite a fairly stable enrollment?

Also, you all skirted around the issue of athletic ability. It's obviously prevalent in other sports your school participates in, why not in football? You can't say the talent pool is there for some sports, but completely absent in football -- that just doesn't hold water...

I've watched WOS and LCM football for years, this is in no way disrespecting LCM, but WOS has had the superior talent and it's not even close.

To be honest, the talent at WOS is second to no one in the area, plus you have the best good guy bad guy tandem team in coaches, Hooks and Thompson.

I don't disagree that we're considerably more talented, but some of the posts here make it sound as if every talented player runs for the hills from lcm. When you have a program that has been as bad as that one, some of the blame falls on the coaches, some the players, some the community.

Guest GoStangs

Admin, are you saying the athletes at WOS are just naturally more talented for some reason, or do the WOS coaches just do a better job with the same amount of talent that most schools see?

Guest Living 4 Friday Nights

Gostangs, Answer this. Who has more speed? LCM or WOS? That's a tough one. Don't get me wrong Coaching has a !@#$ of alot to do with it as well.

Admin' date=' are you saying the athletes at WOS are just naturally more talented for some reason, or do the WOS coaches just do a better job with the same amount of talent that most schools see?[/quote']

I think the WOS coaches do a better job on the guys in the trenches that don't make all-district and go off to college. WOS has 2 or 3 DIv 1 players most years that anyone could coach.

Guest GoStangs

Speed kills. From what i've seen in the past WOS speed on Defense is one of the best.

It is very beneficial to have, no doubt, but it's not all of what makes a good team. As I mentioned earlier, you can have the fastest kids in the state, but if they can't catch or tackle, all you have is a fast team.

Look at Nederland as an example. They generally have a few quick players, but historically would not stack up, speedwise, against Ozen or WOS; yet, they have enjoyed their share of successes (at least somewhat recently) agaisnst both teams and against other area teams, as well. I tend to think they have a similar talent pool as you guys have, since you're both 4A squads, but for some reason, they have had a lot more success in the past few years...

wos92

GS brought up the fact the we had only once in fifteen years gone further than the first round of the playoffs.

I simply pointed out the fact that y'all had a seven year period of going no further than the first round.

Believe me, I know what the regular season records were. I had to live though it.

LOL... Not this time. :lol:

Wos has really good golf tourn. each summer. If they would have us why not each of us put together a team take some hacks and talk some football?

Actually, in 2000, right in the middle of that stretch, we went to the sixth round. That's not a seven year stretch, but a two-year period and a four-year period. Also, that stretch was broken last year.

With no disrespect intended, those years of success for the bears were both the beginning and the end of such prominence. Does LC-M have fewer athletes now than they did in 94-96? We certainly do.

:shock: If i held a club even ETBU would take off running.

Ha Ha Heb was standing beside my son and I about two years ago and GS was hitting the ball toward the green we thought. The ball miss taking off Heb's ear off by six inches and my kid about by a foot. The later would not have been that big of deal due to the nature of the core of his skull. LOL Heb's eye's were about twice the size after the shot and had a couple of comments. Of course when money is not your problem like his why not aim one that way? Were talking about a forty degree angle. :shock: :shock: Of course where did it happen BHFan? At EaglePoint. LOL Most funny moment I have ever witnessed on the course. SORRY GS.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin