Lumberton 33 Vidor 14 Final/Comments

Guest TravelingBandsman

If you're able to beat Beaumont Central, then damn.....Damn.

The only obstacle that would stand in your way after that would be Port Neches-Groves and Nederland.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well congrats raiders! I have never in my life seen coaches call a game like the vidor oc did tonight. He ran the 4 same plays all night long, and none of the 4 was working he must have a pocket notepad for a playbook. As for the DC he needs to go be a pipefitter or something! I dont know how he got a job. As for the head coach i cant write what i want to say. I say this your time has expired hear find somewhere else to coach!

Scoring summary

LUM -- Cody Hussey 2-yard run. PAT Failed kick ( ), 06:11, 1st.

LUM -- Bryce DeJohn 54-yard pass to Travis Wilkerson. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 04:13, 1st.

LUM -- Cody Hussey 12-yard run. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 03:28, 2nd.

VID -- Theron Reynolds 7-yard run. PAT Kick ( Roman Franklin ), 00:43, 2nd.

LUM -- Trace Freeman 27-yard field goal, 00:02, 2nd.

LUM -- Trace Freeman 36-yard field goal, 03:20, 3rd.

VID -- Roman Franklin 1-yard run. PAT Kick ( Roman Franklin ), 09:16, 4th.

LUM -- Cody Hussey 25-yard run. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 08:18, 4th

Team Stats

Lumberton    Vidor

Total yards              355           242

First downs               22             14

Rushes/Yds            34/206       42/156

Average rush           6.06          3.71

Comp/Atts               11/17        5/14

Pass yards               149            86

Comp pct                64.71         35.71

Punts                         1             4

Punting Yards             47           155

Punting Average          47          38.75

Fumbles/Lost             4/1            2/1

Penalties-yards         6-46          4-39

Guest vidorpride

Raiders are for real.  Great Job.

Hussey is awesome.  Reminds me of Vidor's Croak from last year, little guy but a big time playmaker. 

Tip of the cap to Lumberton, you guys are rolling right now. Good Luck

Guest maverick24

No doubt the raiders looked good, but they got several personal fouls tonight. You guys are a good team and you won fair and square, but I think the guys need to be better sports. Just play ball!

That is funny Hussey got hit in the head by a knee once while getting up then was punched once while on the ground and once it was offsetting fauls the other was not seen. There was a pitch backwards once to a Vidor TB and fumbled and it was called a incomplete pass!  I do think that Vidor will win some games in this district. Lumberton was the better team and it is over It is time to get ready for a good Central team!!!  Great Job Raiders   Good luck the  rest of the way Vidor!!!!!

Guest band of brothers

Raiders are for real.  Great Job.

Hussey is awesome.  Reminds me of Vidor's Croak from last year, little guy but a big time playmaker. 

Tip of the cap to Lumberton, you guys are rolling right now. Good Luck

croak, nice compliment!,no offense but I'm glad that guy wasn't on the field,he was a good athlete.

Guest band of brothers

My heart goes out to Vidor's #57, Anthony Fowler. His dad passed away today and he still played in honor of his dad's memory. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family bro...

#57, sorry for your loss brother, many prayers for you and your family,God bless.

Guest piratefaithful

well congrats raiders! I have never in my life seen coaches call a game like the vidor oc did tonight. He ran the 4 same plays all night long, and none of the 4 was working he must have a pocket notepad for a playbook. As for the DC he needs to go be a pipefitter or something! I dont know how he got a job. As for the head coach i cant write what i want to say. I say this your time has expired hear find somewhere else to coach!

my thoughts exactly...time for a change

No doubt the raiders looked good, but they got several personal fouls tonight. You guys are a good team and you won fair and square, but I think the guys need to be better sports. Just play ball!                                                                                                                                      Would you like me to send you a video clip of Vidors' #43 kicking our injured Raider in the head after the play?

yea one of our personal fouls was for our db getting pumped up and getting up to fast and jumping to our huddle.. we might have to practice getting up slower so we dont upset the refs... not to say the refs didnt call a fair game.. but we only had two personal fouls and that was one..the other was when # 33 decided to punch hussey...

SERIOUSLY, what happened or what changed in Lumberton for them to all of a sudden become a competitive force in 22-4A. Before this year they were the floormat of the district, and this year they're making everyone take notice. Was it a coaching change or what?

Just my opinion but they got the right coach at the right time for their program. They played some decent football last year at times but were in a new system and they had almost no seniors. This year they have most of the team returning and have a year under Credeur's system.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476