Lumberton 33 Vidor 14 Final/Comments

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main difference is the change of philosophy. Lumberton always has a few really good athletes. See Buchholz, Hare, TJ Light, etc. from the past. The change of philosophy for them has gotten them away from the pass-happy offense and has goten them to use their strength which is their depth at RB. Also, this is the first time in at least 10 years that the Raiders have had a good defense. There is no reason that they can't contend from a playoff spot. I don't care if they have never made it before. With that being said, I do not see them going undefeated or district champs. But, I do think they will be in the thick of the playoff race all season long. Big game this week against an angry Central squad.

The main difference is the change of philosophy. Lumberton always has a few really good athletes. See Buchholz, Hare, TJ Light, etc. from the past. The change of philosophy for them has gotten them away from the pass-happy offense and has goten them to use their strength which is their depth at RB. Also, this is the first time in at least 10 years that the Raiders have had a good defense. There is no reason that they can't contend from a playoff spot. I don't care if they have never made it before. With that being said, I do not see them going undefeated or district champs. But, I do think they will be in the thick of the playoff race all season long. Big game this week against an angry Central squad.

dont short change them(Raiders), the way they've been playing....I think they'll give Nederland and Central a run for their money and could DEFINITELY lock up a playoff spot (hypothetically) with a win over Central next week. I am impressed, along with alot of other folks, that Lumber-town is as good as they are. At the beginning of the season I really thought some of their wins were flukes. I am seeing otherwise, now!

the timing of this game sucked.  the only thing that would have been proven in this game would've been if lumberton had lost.  lumberton won't gain any respect from the haters for beating a very weak vidor team.  i guess we're in for another week of lumberton fans screaming for a championship and lumberton haters screaming for a blowout loss.

the timing of this game sucked.  the only thing that would have been proven in this game would've been if lumberton had lost.  lumberton won't gain any respect from the haters for beating a very weak vidor team.  i guess we're in for another week of lumberton fans screaming for a championship and lumberton haters screaming for a blowout loss.

hey man, I was trying to give you guys some credit.....not be negative.

Guest maverick24

dont short change them(Raiders), the way they've been playing....I think they'll give Nederland and Central a run for their money and could DEFINITELY lock up a playoff spot (hypothetically) with a win over Central next week. I am impressed, along with alot of other folks, that Lumber-town is as good as they are. At the beginning of the season I really thought some of their wins were flukes. I am seeing otherwise, now!

82 5A State Thanks for the kind words. To answer the question and I know this will start a Riot but here it is. Remember the talk last year about this group of kids, as Fresh and JV they never lost a game well they lost 6 last year and now as they move forward with the ONLY coach most have ever had they are 5-0 this year this is no fluke This is a great group of players and this coaching staff knows each and every player and their strenghts and weakness. They are not ready to be crowned district champs yet but they do deserve some credit for helping this program make the turn upward! This group of Seniors could go out as the winningest group of FB players in Lumberton History.  The scary thing is that they have not played a complete game yet to show how good they can be. They need to beat Central but they also need to understand the season doesn't end with Central win or lose! If they win next week there will only be 2 teams at 3-0 in district this would move them closer to their goal. A loss would probably put them in a tie at 2-1 with Central Dayton and loser of MCM. So I hope that explains some of how Lumberton has turned it around. WORK WORK WORK!!!!

Guest vidorpride

Thanks for the kind words on Vidor.

Thanks for the kind words on Vidor.

not trying to be rude... vidor's own fans are starting threads about how bad they are... it's a down year, everyone knows it.  don't take it as a personal attack, take it as me stating the obvious. also, i do realize a lot of the blame is on the coaches.

was I talking to you??? NO, so mind your own business. This is between me and the 'Lumberton lover'

are u serious 82 5A Champs? if u want to have a private conversation message someone anyone who wants to but in a convorsation can if they want to ...ur ignorant the second someone says somethin to u and u dont have shit to say back you come up with the comment that u werent talkin to them...well in a thread if u have somethin to say ur sayin it to everyone

Guest piratefaithful

Lumberton deserved to win..outcoached on BOTH sides of the ball..corners playing 20 yards off the ball,running every dang down and just simply outcoached..simple as that..no need to watch film on us..anyone from Lumberton can chime in and even support my frustration..they seen it all night

Guest maverick24

Does the Vidor #33 usually play dirty like he did last night or was he just having a bad night and frustrated by the score?? Once he even looked at the Raider fans and made rude hand signs to a fan yelling at him!!!

Does the Vidor #33 usually play dirty like he did last night or was he just having a bad night and frustrated by the score?? Once he even looked at the Raider fans and made rude hand signs to a fan yelling at him!!!

If you want to talk about dirty play it was going on on both sides. Dont act like Lumberton is an innocent victim here

That is funny Hussey got hit in the head by a knee once while getting up then was punched once while on the ground and once it was offsetting fauls the other was not seen. There was a pitch backwards once to a Vidor TB and fumbled and it was called a incomplete pass!  I do think that Vidor will win some games in this district. Lumberton was the better team and it is over It is time to get ready for a good Central team!!!  Great Job Raiders   Good luck the  rest of the way Vidor!!!!!

If you watch the film the dirty play was going both ways the ball was not a fumble because he pitched it forward not backwards other than that L-town just flat out whipped us

Very well said...  Lumberton is 5-0-0 currently.

At this point of the season last year, playing the exact same teams, Lumberton was 4-1-0 and ended the year 4-6-0.

The next 5 games will tell the tale.

Vidor's #33 is a good kid.  I do believe his frustration came from Lumberton's hotshot giving him a few choice names on a tackle.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83