What does PNG need to do to get their offense right ?

pngfan66

How do you think PNG's O line is doing as well.  I know at the beginning of the season they were very questionable.  They did pretty good defending on the pass and were opening up some big holes for the backs, but Ozens D is very fast and closed the distance very quickly.  Thoughts on this as well.

In  your honest opinion what do you think PNG needs to do to get their Offense moving and scoring.  They have alot of talent on the field but for some reason it just dosent seem to want to click !  Your thoughts ?

touchdowns.  they need touchdowns.  and forward passes.  and touchdowns.  and safetys..........................................  and touchdowns.

What the heck they need to . . . put Mike Long back in there and they will be a good offensive team and the passing game needs to get back into shape.

ah man, leave our coach alone! At least for a couple years..or until Kelly starts losing!

HMMM !!!  maybe go to the wishbone formation ?  lol.  They need to utilize their tightend more on short dump passes over the middle and the short outside.  Heck,  maybe they need to let some of the kids on the sidelines try out for different postions on the offense.  You never know there could be some seriously hidden talent,  maybe another tightend or reciever.  I think PNG needs to go to a more misdirection offense as well.  Maybe a Pro I set with a slot in motion.  Pull more linemen on sweeps.  Put some hoss meat out in front of a back on the sweep will help get more yardage.  Also PNG has a history of going to trick plays.  They did that against Silsbee and it worked.  At Ozens game I heard they tried some but they didnt pan out.  I was told Ozen's Defense is a good one.  I think Ozen is going to pull off some big upsets this year.  They are right there and just need that one small adjustment to get it all right. 

PNG needs to go back to basics overall on the offensive side of the ball !!!  start like they do in 2 a days with basic pass plays.  that may work wonders for them.  quit going for the bombs, and just start working the field with short dumps to the tightends or backs out of the backfield.  etc.  Go back to the basics and strengthen that and they will be playoff contenders.  Tatum has a great arm and is getting good pass protection from the line.  Also run the ball up the middle behind their big center,  he blows people off the line with the guards.  Just my thoughts.

HMMM !!!  maybe go to the wishbone formation ?   lol.  They need to utilize their tightend more on short dump passes over the middle and the short outside.  Heck,  maybe they need to let some of the kids on the sidelines try out for different postions on the offense.  You never know there could be some seriously hidden talent,  maybe another tightend or reciever.  I think PNG needs to go to a more misdirection offense as well.  Maybe a Pro I set with a slot in motion.  Pull more linemen on sweeps.  Put some hoss meat out in front of a back on the sweep will help get more yardage.  Also PNG has a history of going to trick plays.  They did that against Silsbee and it worked.  At Ozens game I heard they tried some but they didnt pan out.  I was told Ozen's Defense is a good one.  I think Ozen is going to pull off some big upsets this year.  They are right there and just need that one small adjustment to get it all right. 

PNG needs to go back to basics overall on the offensive side of the ball !!!  start like they do in 2 a days with basic pass plays.  that may work wonders for them.  quit going for the bombs, and just start working the field with short dumps to the tightends or backs out of the backfield.  etc.  Go back to the basics and strengthen that and they will be playoff contenders.  Tatum has a great arm and is getting good pass protection from the line.  Also run the ball up the middle behind their big center,  he blows people off the line with the guards.  Just my thoughts.

Good post, and I think that most Indian fans would agree with you. If the O doesn't get something going we might be in for a long 6 games

O-line is fine. Passing game has no imagination. 75% of the passes we throw are the sideline go route. We do not have the speed or athletes to do that. We need some deception and crossing routes.

I couldn't have said this any better akifan94.  PNG needs to work on the 5 to 10 yard passing plays.  Work in a few over the middle to the WR's & TE's.  Tatum has a very strong arm so lets use it with shorter pass plays.  The one thing I would love for Tatum to do is to quit starring down receivers.  Tatum throws a very good ball, he just needs to look at more than one receiver during a particuar play.

stop going for them long passes down the sideline that is not working go with short routes like screens and TE up the middle passes and they will probably win.

With all of the 4.3 speedsters that were hyped before the season  ::) you'd think they'd average 40 points a game or so. I actually think that PN-G has the tools to be a good offensive football team. I have not seen enough of them this season to know why they aren't. I would think that they will continue to improve and I think they have a shot at the playoffs as well.

With all of the 4.3 speedsters that were hyped before the season  ::) you'd think they'd average 40 points a game or so. I actually think that PN-G has the tools to be a good offensive football team. I have not seen enough of them this season to know why they aren't. I would think that they will continue to improve and I think they have a shot at the playoffs as well.

You know Jake, I was thinking the same thing.  Where's all that summer speed being hyped up on the board from the Indians.  Even when Hemmings ran that TD, I was like somebody quit walking and run him down lol.  That's why I question any boasting of 'speed' from MC.  I just don't see it during the season...

Guest Nederland Bandit

Get that offense back into shape and get Harrison Tatum to stop throwing the ball down the sideline and go for TE up the middle passes.

I agree

I think they need to go back to PNG football, running in between the tackles and short passing game.  Saw them play Ozen and they had good protection but not enough options for the QB, nothing but sideline, go routes.  I think many schools make the mistake of looking for the long bomb, instead of focusing on moving the chains which eventually results in touchdowns.  Counters, screen passes, and more passes to the middle of the field... 

Found this from last years season in PNG website titled "Season Stats Through Week 8"

Jeremy Dominguez 3 74 24.7 1

Jacob Walker 1 27 27.0 1

Four passes to the TE for 25 yard average and two TD's. ?????

Brett Doty 3 56 18.7 0

All crossing routes

Same problems, same solutions, different year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder