Predictions on WOS v. LCM

td

Coaching moves happen for different reasons, some move so they can coach at the varsity level instead of sub varsity some because of the reasons you speak of and some for retirement but there was only one varsity coach that left this year and that was for a better teaching assignment elsewhere, I dont believe any left LCM last year.(varsity)

as for no varsity coaches leaving, that is very much incorrect

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BULLETIN:

It seems the BOJO craze has really caught on, and it's beginning to spread. WO-S HC/AD Dan Hooks has announced that the WO-S Mustangs now have a rallying cry of their own - A NEW NICKNAME! The mascot, the Mustangs, will remain, but now the WO-S Mustangs will also be known as - MU-MERICA'S TEAM! This follows a press conference by Nederland head man Larry Neumann in which he revealed the long awaited Nederland rally cry: "N-E-D-S, NEDS! NEDS! NEDS!" Speculation abounds that the next big PR move will be by Port Neches-Groves, who is expected to re-name its defense. Reports are that officials are torn between "THE PEEL PURTAIN" and "THE PRECKING CREW."

BOJO...  Couldn't find their own nickname without altering some other school's rallying cry? i.e. Odessa Permian Panthers, MOJO.  It’s so non-original, like LC-North Oranges football program.  In the spirit of good fun and competition…  Best of luck to ya bears.  You guys will need it.  Go 'Stangs! 8)

whats the purpose of repeatedly bashing bojo? do you expect Coach Moody himself to read it and say, "hmm i think i'll just do away with it." NO. so hes trying to start something the community can rally around, albeit not original, hes not satisfied with the apathetic attitude towards LC-M football

whats the purpose of repeatedly bashing bojo? do you expect Coach Moody himself to read it and say, "hmm i think i'll just do away with it." NO. so hes trying to start something the community can rally around, albeit not original, hes not satisfied with the apathetic attitude towards LC-M football

It's just funny. I like to laugh. Get over it, guys. If we changed our cry to WOJO now, what would you say?

Wait...  I got it!  How 'bout WOSO! ;D  Could work, could work...

BOJO...  Couldn't find their own nickname without altering some other school's rallying cry? i.e. Odessa Permian Panthers, MOJO.  Its so non-original, like LC-North Oranges football program.  In the spirit of good fun and competition  Best of luck to ya bears.  You guys will need it.  Go 'Stangs! 8)

be careful...you will get called out on here & given little inspirational tid bits to help you with an "anger problem" ::)

It seems I have had a hard time defending myself because my posts continue to get deleted.  If you would just delete the sections that are offensive I will not write that again.  But my last two weren’t even close.  For starters I am a 52 year old African American father who has graduated 3 children from LCM.  All of whom have gone on to college.  We began our education in WOS and I felt it was unacceptable.  So please don’t name call when you know nothing about a person.  I didn’t call anyone out or name call anyone.  I apologize if what I said offended.  However, I do know what I am talking about and the State of Texas agrees.  Look up the High School rankings and see for yourself.  It does get tiresome for those of us north of I-10 when it seems like your second favorite past time (after football) is bashing LCM.  I have read it and heard it for years.  Here are the examples just from this one thread that were allowed to stay on the board while my posts simply stating a couple of obvious truths were deleted.  Double standard?  Probably.  Now, good luck to the boys from WOS.  I have watched most of them since they were small children and whish them nothing but the best.

First of all, "green-N-gold"...let me say that RACE should not have anything to do with anything, but unfortunately it does.  As a 37-year-old white female, single mom who attended OF for eight years, LC-M for two years, and then graduated from WO-S...just because our name is not at the top of a list doesn't mean we are substandard.

WO-S has a good education system.  We offer as many AP and dual-credit courses as probably anyone in the Golden Triangle and the district picks up that tab.  We all know, or should know, why our numbers (as far as testing) are low and unfortunately, there is a lot of work to be done, but I will say that WO-S and its staff take on job that many other districts snub and that is attempting to meet the needs of ALL children (not as much a racial issue as much as a socioeconomic issue).

As I stated before, I am a single parent and my three boys just happen to be half African-American.  My oldest son graduated in May as WO-S' Salutatorian and went on to Texas A&M to major in Aerospace Engineering.  He excelled on the field, on the track, in the classroom, and in his community.  I truly believe that he got as good, if not better, of an education at WO-S as he would have gotten ANYWHERE else in the area. 

You talk about not judging someone unless you know something about them...try taking heed to your own advice.  You speak negatively about our kids basically not having any

"God-given talents" except for football, but then go on to talk about how you have watched them grown up.  Tell me, Mr. g-n-g...what have you contributed to these young men?  Changing school districts is not an option for most and it is also not the answer.  One of my favorite quotes is from Mahatma Gandhi...IF YOU ARE NOT A PART OF THE SOLUTION, THEN YOU ARE A PART OF THE PROBLEM.

Kids from WO-S have the same potential as kids from any other area.  Sadly, many have more obstacles, but along with that comes drive and determination.  Things are changing and for the better, but people on the outside looking in with clouded vision won't ever see what we see.  All I can say is...pitiful.

PURPLE4EVER PREDICTS...

WOS vs LC-M

The Orange bowl should be another fantastic game. WOS has a 26 game regular season winning streak, after Friday that streak will be 27. Look for WOS to play not 2 quarters of great football but 4. WOS dominates the game but LCM plays a spirited game.

PREDICTION WOS 28 LCM 7

For more predictions go to...

http://www.toupsgraphics.com/fridaynightlights.html

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder