Predictions on WOS v. LCM

td

All schools do have similar problems yet WOS is at the bottom (look it up). 

Are you trying to suggest that WO-S and LCM have the same issues? They are at completely different ends of the socioeconomic spectrum. Middle class kids and lower middle class/ impoverished kids have complelety different environments. If you don't know this then you aren't as informed as you pretend to be. Before you even mention it, I have read where you say "similar", what I'm telling you is that they aren't even close.

If your kids aren't then congratulations they made it despite their school and you should be applauded.  I didn't say it had nothing to do with socioeconomic issues I said "little".  Not near as much as the district likes to lean on that topic.  To me generalizing by race or socioeconomic status is bigoted and I won't participate in that. I promise I will not make another post on the topic.  It has been over done for a football message board.  There is no convincing some people even in the face of overwhelming data (once again look it up).

Fact- middle class kids, on average, perform better on state standardized testing (look it up)

Fact- lower middle class kids, on average, perform worse on standardized tests (look it up)

Fact- when you have an equal or greater number of middle class kids, your state  standardized test scores balance out and determine the success/failure of your overall average. When the middle class begins to leave, the test average begins to decline as the number of middle class gets smaller (which in turn causes the lower middle class/impoverished to get higher). This is a common occurence that is happening in different areas all over the state (again, look it up) not just in Orange TX.

In the 80's and early 90's WO-S scores were competitive with any school around here. As the middle class started to vanish, so did it's performance in standardized test scores. Many of the teachers that were at the school then are still there. My question to you is, did they just decide to quit doing their job? Of course not. It's a social occurence that they have no control over. Teachers at WO-S bust their tails to provide these children with a quality education, and, as another parent with a child at WO-S High School, I'm telling you that they are doing a GREAT job. 

If you choose to send your children to LCM then more power to you. LCM is a good school, no question. Just don't try to take a dump on the school that my child is at in the process. Everyone knows that a standardized test average is not the end all, be all, of a schools ability to educate a child and your reference to that as being cause to evacuate is weak at best.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245