What team Was The Biggest Dissapointment This Year?

Guest Jags

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

22-4a is so polarized.  This year it's been the story of good teams and bad teams... Vidor was expected to struggle, but LCM and Ozen fans were both expecting some big things this year, and it didn't happen.  Probably 80% of the people on here (or more) would've picked Central to make the playoffs, and they haven't even made it interesting. 

Central (for not coming close to the playoffs)

LCM (for not at least making it interesting like most thought they would)

Ozen (for showing little to no improvement)

Based on results through Friday. BARBERS HILL.

You think those kids went out there saying...hey beat me in overtime by a field goal...that is what I planned for my friday night under the lights...Those kids get enough grief from everyone as it is. They don't need your "extra" help.

I agree with you BHEX86............ these kids did not go out there expecting to lose in overtime.  There was some good football being played Friday, just some mistakes that hurt us....FYI, not all of them where our mistakes..... I believe there's a picture, I think on eteamz, which shows the "interception" that should NOT have been because the ball was on the ground......

Once again, the Eagles lost, in part, because of a bad call or oversite of the refs.  (Remember the hook & lateral - Smiley game?)  Yes, the score should have been higher so we didn't have to worry the score and going into O/T... but it wasn't. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this team had over 30 varsity players graduate last year, so I think they done a great job this year, while trying to rebuild their program.  Although we'd all like to have a 10-0 season every year, it just doesn't work that way.

Kirbyville, since balla is predicting them to win state. Anything short will be a disappointment( except for all us intelligent folk who know the mildcats won't even win their own district and may lose 3 games in district)

balla, Kirbyville has never beaten Silsbee in their entire school history, but you act like the mildcats are undefeated against the Tigers. You, silly boy, are a complete joke.

Well, they shot 'em down this year!!! ;D ;D ;D

I figured my Boyz at BC would win at least 3 games. :'(

While 0-fer is not good at all, in any shape or form, it's HOW they got 0-fer that is disappointing to me.

The Offense was able to score more than I expected, and contrary to popular (Coach Tarver's) belief (mainly), BC CAN have a passing game, with kids who CAN actually catch a pass!  I look for the Offense to take off next year with the experience we gained from this year, and the addition of some MORE young players getting moved up!

The bad part was the lack of execution by the Defense, and I point out no one player or position or coach or coordinator with the comment.  Just in general, we didn't tackle (well), we didn't read (well), and didn't improve over time.  I suppose the lack of improvement and execution was due to the "revolving door" starting line-up, caused by injury - That hurt us bad, and I just hope the lack of defensive experience DOES NOT carry over to next year! 

And for anyone who starts to think I'm bashing the players - I'M NOT!  I will be there, in the stands, until the END of the WO-S game, regardless of the score!  I will support these kids and their effort to the very end!

• 1 month later...

It would be very easy for most posters or even Jagaurs fans to say that the they were dissappointing team in 22-4a in which know seems to see the reason why they played so poorly this year. There's not a school in the area that lost 5 of their best coach's in the program in which 4 went to Ozen and 1 to Kelly and then throw 5 in on Stowers that he didn't choose becuase all his staff he bought in went to Ozen and then everyone expected then to suceed in a very tought district is impossible. All you had to do was watch the very first game and see there was no displicine, there  was no leadership, the communication between players and coachs was horrible. It looked liked Stowers was teaching the coach's on how to coach football and the kids did not follow. They looked totatly lost on offense and defense and was just playing enough to get by. I don't care who you are and some of the best talent in the area, you will not win with some thrown in coach's after losing that many very good coach's. I  don't blame Stower's for wanting to leave and go eslewhere after BISD broke up what he put together. I just can not believe that all great coachs in  the state of texas your main rival went 15 minuets  across town and pulled a good chunk of your coachs.  They will rebuilt again, and hopefully they will let Stowers go out and get his choice of staff to bring back and get the program back to competing. Stay strong Jaguars we've been there before.

Not sure if this thread was intended for the 2007 season or for the coming 2008 season so why not both.

East Chambers won district thats nothing big anymore but had we won the first round I could see us going deep in the playoffs since mart was out. Its kinda like we blew the best chance we've had at state.

The most disappointing though was probably Central.

For the coming year im betting Lumberton after their great year this year everyone is expecting it to happen again but they lost the one player in Hussey they had that was not just good but great their future success hinges on their ability to have someone fill his shoes Can they do it idk but its gonna be hard for somone to take his place and do as well as he did

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    haha369
    Newest Member
    haha369