2 a day practices

I heard August 6th. Do you have kids playing HS this season?

No my kids are all grown up. I am just a big football fan. I try to see all the BC games I can but I will on occasions go to see another team play even if it is just a scrimmage. I did see South Lake Carrol play Lufkin two years ago at SFA Lumberjack stadium. It was an awsome game. I did see Newton win the state championship two years ago also. That was a close game and fun to watch 

I think the first week, at least the first few days, are mainly for conditioning drills. I'm sure plays and other stuff takes place but a lot of sprints take place. At least that is what it was when I was playing. The more serious players are running now and are probably in pretty good shape already.

True!

The more serious players are running now and are probably in pretty good shape already.

The serious players have been working out all summer. Weights, agility drills & sprints.

I agree Bucster. Back when I was in school there was not a 7 on 7 program. Our quarterback and receivers worked out all summer. They had good timing by the time 2 a days started and were ready to fine tune what they had been doing all summer.

When I was in school, we wore full pads only on Monday and Tuesday.  Wednesday was helmets & shoulder pads and Thursday was strictly film sessions.  Once district started we never wore full pads again. 

Your coach must of been a wimp! (J/K)

When I was in school the first 4 days were shorts & helmets followed by 6 days in full pads. When the season started we practiced in pads Mon.-Wed. shorts & helmets on Thursday. Saturday AM we watched game film, lifted weights & ran sprints to loosen up from the previous night's game.

If we played crappy on Friday night, our coach was not above making us practice after the fans had left the stadium.

Things have changed in the last 29 years!  ;)

Our 2-a days start at 7:45 in the morning and last until 12:30.  We have a one hour break in between. Conditioning, Workout, offense and defense. Monday through Friday for two weeks.

Full pads for us start on August 12th i think? Then 2 scrimmages, then the season!!!!

Good Luck HJ....

Bucster....Are you serious, your coaches sometimes would make y'all stay after the fans left on friday night?  I honestly thought that was just a myth that coaches would do that.  Briles never made us do that, but you could write it in stone that we were gonna pay for it the next morning after film. 

Your coach must of been a wimp! (J/K)

When I was in school the first 4 days were shorts & helmets followed by 6 days in full pads. When the season started we practiced in pads Mon.-Wed. shorts & helmets on Thursday. Saturday AM we watched game film, lifted weights & ran sprints to loosen up from the previous night's game.

If we played crappy on Friday night, our coach was not above making us practice after the fans had left the stadium.

Things have changed in the last 29 years!  ;)

Bucster... Where did you go to high school? We had your same practice regiment as you stated, but excluding the friday night post game practice. This was 26 years ago for me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder