4A R3/D2 Playoffs

GUNHO

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

You guys were unranked when y’all beat #2 ranked Jasper. Anytime  #2 ranked 4A team drops a game to an unranked 3A team, it’s embarrassing. 

You guys have a good team and should go several rounds in the 3A playoffs, IMO. 

Jasper, however, had proven year in and year out (but especially this year) that they should never be spoken of in the same breath as teams like WOS and Silsbee. Jasper has played one good team this year and lost. 

“Our” refs and players are dirty? What kinda women are y’all out there? First of all, any football fan knows that there is no such thing as “our” refs. And if that bunch of softies that are suiting up for us this year managed ti hurt some of your players’ and parents’ feelings on the field, I’m kinda worried about y’all’s toughness. 

And it kinda makes me think that y’all may only be a couple of points better than that sorry Jasper team. 

coming from watching my sons hudl, your players are dirty I BLATANTLY watched your sorry defense twist our running backs leg while the play was over and watched the ref do nothing about it, and thats just one occasion, all Im saying is Jasper is not a bad team, and for our toughness I promise you wont find a team tougher, and you can take that to the bank. Im sure everyone here is in agreeance that Jasper is not a sorry team, but I guess you can watch from the stands during the playoffs since your team failed to make the playoffs once again, maybe come to watch Diboll too;)

42 minutes ago, lumberjack2020 said:

coming from watching my sons hudl, your players are dirty I BLATANTLY watched your sorry defense twist our running backs leg while the play was over and watched the ref do nothing about it, and thats just one occasion, all Im saying is Jasper is not a bad team, and for our toughness I promise you wont find a team tougher, and you can take that to the bank. Im sure everyone here is in agreeance that Jasper is not a sorry team, but I guess you can watch from the stands during the playoffs since your team failed to make the playoffs once again, maybe come to watch Diboll too;)

Aw, Daddy! Wassa matta? 

Did you baby come home wiffa boo-boo?

It’ll be alright, I promise. You might have won the game but you’re crying like you got your butt whipped, lol. 

Dm your boy’s number and I’ll ask the kids to take it easy on him next time. 

(Who ever heard of a sore winner? Jeez) 

12 hours ago, KB24 said:

?

The way the brackets line up that's when each of those three teams will play each other. But when one of those three teams makes it to the state quarterfinals like I believe one of them will because I don't see anyone else in region 3 beating them than they will play a team like Navarro that could knock them out.

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

You guys were unranked when y’all beat #2 ranked Jasper. Anytime  #2 ranked 4A team drops a game to an unranked 3A team, it’s embarrassing. 

You guys have a good team and should go several rounds in the 3A playoffs, IMO. 

Jasper, however, had proven year in and year out (but especially this year) that they should never be spoken of in the same breath as teams like WOS and Silsbee. Jasper has played one good team this year and lost. 

“Our” refs and players are dirty? What kinda women are y’all out there? First of all, any football fan knows that there is no such thing as “our” refs. And if that bunch of softies that are suiting up for us this year managed ti hurt some of your players’ and parents’ feelings on the field, I’m kinda worried about y’all’s toughness. 

And it kinda makes me think that y’all may only be a couple of points better than that sorry Jasper team. 

1st sentence: Jasper lost to a "unranked 3A team"....its called pre season rankings. Diboll couldn't get their ranking up to what they are now in the first 3 weeks of the season.

2nd sentence: "You guys have a good team and should go several rounds in the 3A playoffs, IMO"

I'm a little confused on your opinion on Diboll. Second, say Jasper  plays and beats WOS in week 6, are they still not good because they lost to a now 8-0 "unranked 3A team at the time"  #5 Diboll???

11 minutes ago, The Lake said:

1st sentence: Jasper lost to a "unranked 3A team"....its called pre season rankings. Diboll couldn't get their ranking up to what they are now in the first 3 weeks of the season.

2nd sentence: "You guys have a good team and should go several rounds in the 3A playoffs, IMO"

I'm a little confused on your opinion on Diboll. Second, say Jasper  plays and beats WOS in week 6, are they still not good because they lost to a now 8-0 "unranked 3A team at the time"  #5 Diboll???

First off, jasper didn’t, and in my opinion wouldn’t beat West Orange this year. So it’s hard for me to say what I would say in that instance.

However, I can say that if WOS got beat by an unranked 3A team, I wouldn’t be calling for them to win region in 4A. 

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Aw, Daddy! Wassa matta? 

Did you baby come home wiffa boo-boo?

It’ll be alright, I promise. You might have won the game but you’re crying like you got your butt whipped, lol. 

Dm your boy’s number and I’ll ask the kids to take it easy on him next time. 

(Who ever heard of a sore winner? Jeez) 

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

First off, jasper didn’t, and in my opinion wouldn’t beat West Orange this year. So it’s hard for me to say what I would say in that instance.

However, I can say that if WOS got beat by an unranked 3A team, I wouldn’t be calling for them to win region in 4A. 

whats the deal with Bridge City's football  Do they have a chance of the play offs?

20 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Calpreps projected Jasper beating WOS by 3. Not sure how accurate that is but they also projected Diboll beating Jasper by 6 so.

59 minutes ago, Whoa said:

whats the deal with Bridge City's football  Do they have a chance of the play offs?

Bc goes through bad spells... there are a lot of reasons why, but it’s just one of those runs where we aren’t very competitive. 

I think mathematically they aren’t out yet, but it’s improbable. 

46 minutes ago, The Lake said:

Calpreps projected Jasper beating WOS by 3. Not sure how accurate that is but they also projected Diboll beating Jasper by 6 so.

I had dinner with a longtime Jasper ISD board member a few years back and he’s the one that pointed out to me that intangible.

Jasper kids give up. 

They are a good team when they’re rolling over somebody... but they fold up at the first sign of actual adversity.  Other than the 2015 game against us, I can’t remember a single close game in which Jasper came out on top. It’s why they’ve had all of that talent and never cashed in during December. That’s something that you can’t figure into polls. 

I don’t blame the kids... it’s a mentality. If you get beat by your rival, just stop scheduling them. 

51 minutes ago, lumberjack2020 said:

maybe if they burn down the school and start over

Hahaha!!!!

Seriously, though... Before I went to the Gabe last year hadn’t been to Diboll since I was a kid but I remember it being a great place. It still is... nothing in town has changed in 40 years except The Big Tin Barn went out of business and Temple sold out. 

“That’s not true! The chicken place closed, too!!!”

I just remember being sad last year because I though y’all had a back named “Gump.” Turns out it was “GUMMS” and he didn’t do much. 

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

Hahaha!!!!

Seriously, though... Before I went to the Gabe last year hadn’t been to Diboll since I was a kid but I remember it being a great place. It still is... nothing in town has changed in 40 years except The Big Tin Barn went out of business and Temple sold out. 

“That’s not true! The chicken place closed, too!!!”

I just remember being sad last year because I though y’all had a back named “Gump.” Turns out it was “GUMMS” and he didn’t do much. 

Gums is the one best players in texas, and his little brother is also. He tore his ACL last year against BC by making a quick turn, but he has 14 D1 offers 

27 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

Lmao. I see you are involved with PITA. I also see she is once again showing how she making dumb posts (as usual trying to rub someone) proving her lack of  football knowledge! I see the quote you made of hers(because otherwise I don't see her posts because of ignore ). I suppose other than other miserable people, everyone in this area knows how good of a player Gumms is/has been. Also that he plays more defense now that at RB.

Some people are just cancer. 

15 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah...  I'd settle for a shot at a DC right about now.

Sounds like a bottom feeder program that hasn't made at least a state semi run in the last 10 yrs. What steps is BC taking to make a championship run in football like these other programs? It's easy to snap on someone else til that mirror shines. I know, trust me. 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Sounds like a bottom feeder program that hasn't made at least a state semi run in the last 10 yrs. What steps is BC taking to make a championship run in football like these other programs? It's easy to snap on someone else til that mirror shines. I know, trust me. 

BC went three rounds in 2016.... I don't count one-and-dones in the playoffs as success.  We had a couple of good teams in the early teens that just didn't make noise in the playoffs.  We caught then-powerhouse Coldspring in the first round a couple of times.  One year we held them to seven points, but they held us to zero, lol.

Tarver had some success in BC back in the early/mid 00's, too.  

I honestly don't know what, if anything BC is doing these days to improve the program.  I moved out of the district and no longer have kids involved in the program.  Don't tell these clowns, but I only went to three games last year and haven't been to a single one this year.  When I say I'm out of touch, I mean that I'm out of touch.  

BC has plenty of decent athletes to be a good program (not state champion caliber, but good program) year in and year out.   The community, administration, and kids are all okay with 1 win football seasons, though.  It's a shame. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

BC went three rounds in 2016.... I don't count one-and-dones in the playoffs as success.  We had a couple of good teams in the early teens that just didn't make noise in the playoffs.  We caught then-powerhouse Coldspring in the first round a couple of times.  One year we held them to seven points, but they held us to zero, lol.

Tarver had some success in BC back in the early/mid 00's, too.  

I honestly don't know what, if anything BC is doing these days to improve the program.  I moved out of the district and no longer have kids involved in the program.  Don't tell these clowns, but I only went to three games last year and haven't been to a single one this year.  When I say I'm out of touch, I mean that I'm out of touch.  

BC has plenty of decent athletes to be a good program (not state champion caliber, but good program) year in and year out.   The community, administration, and kids are all okay with 1 win football seasons, though.  It's a shame. 

Welp i think you need to move back and whip em right into shape, lead BC out of region 3. With the detailed analysis you have on WOS, Newton, Silsbee and Jasper it shouldn't take but about 2 yrs. 

Go BC! #CardinalTempo