Your fav. player of all time and why...

my favorite player of all time was Zenedine Zidane aka "ZIZU"... i always loved the way he played... I think that todays football is lacking the creativity that Zidane possessed.. the ability to make players around him better and creating space and always finding the perfect ball to send.. not to mention he could put the ball in the back of net quite capabley too... whos yours and why?

my favorite player of all time was Zenedine Zidane aka "ZIZU"... i always loved the way he played... I think that todays football is lacking the creativity that Zidane possessed.. the ability to make players around him better and creating space and always finding the perfect ball to send.. not to mention he could put the ball in the back of net quite capabley too... whos yours and why?

and also.. what a way to go out... getting red-carded out of the World cup game...

A couple of my favorites from the 90's were Eric Cantona when he was with Man U and Paulo Maldini at AC Milan.

Cantona was a bulldog of an attacker and always had an air of disgust for his opponent that is best described as "being French."  It's hard to get over the incident where he drop-kicked a fan during a game (  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfwEIzcDpLM ), but I loved the way he played with his collar popped, his chin up, and a scowl on his face.  If you don't know of him, he was the old French guy in this Nike comercial last year 

Here's Eric the King doing what he did best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Wh-y8HX8Q

Maldini was just a solid, unbeatable defender on one of the best defensive clubs of all time. 

:D

Got me!

I do remember those late-night telecasts while I was in college.  I really liked Gearge Weah from those mid 90's teams.  And I really like Baggio until he missed that PK in the '94 World Cup Final.

Some of my other favorite Red Devils:  Giggs, Becks, Jaap Stam (till he went Agoos and started stinking), Peter Schmeichel, Dwight York, and Roy Keane.

agoos is the best! i remember the goal he scored in the 2002 world cup... what? that was an own goal? well, it was still one of the best volleys i've ever seen. all jokes aside, i think thierry is probably my favorite player. he has scored some rediculous goals, and made them look easy. i still have wet underwear from the volley he scored on barthez where he flicked the ball while facing away from the goal, turned and side-volleyed all in one motion, and left the goalie planted from 30 out.

Well its kind of hard for me to answer this question because im only 18 and didnt have the opportunity to watch some of the older players, but as of right now my favorite player is Thierry Henry. Some of the things he can do with the ball are amazing, his shots are insane, and hes got alot of speed.

Others include:

Ronaldinho

C. Ronaldo

Kaka

Roy Keane

Mark Viduka

Brad Davis

Kasey Keller

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder