Predictions on who will win shetland tournament in orange

Guest vidorpride

No one doubts that you guys did a great job getting the fields ready.  I have been very impressed with the help you have had in getting them in playing condition. 

I just could not be convinced that it would take til Monday to get these last 2-3 games in. 

Glad to see that they will at least be played Sunday.  Go Vidor!

Our Pinto team plays Twin County 1 on the bracket. As i understand it, they really are the #2 team. I think they switched and yall switched and us and Groves stayed the same. Its always fun to see how all of that plays out. Kudos to all of the coaches trying to get their team in the best position to win the tournament.

As I understand it we got that honor bestowed on us because our other team had some kids that could not make the 7 oclock game.It dosen't really matter how you position yourself in my opinion, you still have to beat the best team to advance out of this tournament. Iam not gripping though hopefully we can get our convidence back.We have not hit the ball well as of lately you have seen that first hand.

I think the first team should switch if it gives them a better chance to win or the schedule fits what they want to do. I switched two years ago in Shetland. You're right to win the whole thing sooner or later you have to beat the best.

Man, this strikes a nerve.  Do you realize how much it has rained in the last week?  Orange got over 5" last friday alone and it has rained everyday since.  To get the games in that we did is a blessing.  I have a ton of hours in on that field and I don't have even half of the hours as td and a couple of others.  He has literally been at that field with a rake, a bag of high dry, or a sqeegy (sp??) in his hand from 8:00 till game time.

Why does it "Make ya go Hmmmm!"?  Are you suggesting we have an ulterior motive?

I'll answer for him. in groves when they got "to much rain" they stepped up and moved it (Mustange Tournament) to orange. But when Orange got to much rain they want to wait and wait.makes you go Hmmmmmm! last i was told Vidor offered their field to play on so why not.. last i herd was that the director was checking with the orange coaches to see how the field was and i guess they said it was to bad to play on....you see if they wanted to play then they would off moved it to vidor so yes it makes you go Hmmmmmmm?

you know tchawk....looks like you are good at going hmmmmm!!! just like i said on the oybs post...once again..you are running your mouth when you don't know what you are talking about. if you knew me then you would know that i can't wait to play vidor again. let me explain to you like a child....it may not have rained at those other fields like it rained at ours. we got heavy rains daily on ours and every day after the rain we have been out there fixing the field. however there is only so much we can do without mother nature. fixing the field and playing in mud and fixing the field and again playing in mud is why the field is not in shape to play on. if you don't beleive us then get in your car and drive over and see for yourself. but you would probably prefer to just stay on here and say hmmmmm!!!

Well, today is the day.  Good luck to TC and Orange in your Semi-Final Game.  I know whoever we play in the finals will give us all we want.  I hope our boys keep rolling and finish it off tonight.  Go Vidor!!!

Its been a great tournament and I know these last 2-3 games will probably be the best of all.

First, let me say what a class act the Orange team led by TGreen has been.  Ya'll gave us all we wanted tonight.  You've got a great group of kids over there and its obvious that they love the game and work hard at.

Thanks also to the guys who worked their tails off all week so those kids would have a field to play on.  Ya'll went above and beyond. 

Big thanks to Bubba Tipton for Directing a great tournament. 

I can't express just how proud I am of our boys.  They worked very hard for us and performed like the true champions they are. 

As coaches in the Shetland Division we went out of our way to put the best All-Star teams together that we could.  This year I think we got it right.  Our two teams finished 1st and 4th in a 9 team field. 

Now on to State! Go Vidor

James McDowell

As most of you know already....orange wins the semi final game over twin county, but loses to vidor in championship game. championship game was very competative. both teams played their hearts out. best of luck to vidor and coach carter at state. they are a very deserving team to be there.

I would also like to congratulate Vidor. They are one of the best base running teams I've seen in Shetland. The tournament in Dallas (Irving) is a blast. If you haven't made reservations you better start now. Any team that thinks they have a shot at going better make reservations. They're easy to cancel.

Now what I really want from Orange, Vidor, TC and Port Arthur is to talk to the PONY directors. Everyone of them, every time you see them. We want our Regional back next year. We deserve it. We work hard for it and if we go to Conroe and kick those Houston teams in the mouth and advance to Irving then so be it. I would think that PONY wants the best teams there. Let's not let Houston have their way just because they are bigger. Let the best teams advance. The Regional is only a 6 team tournament. If PONY has to then make it a 7 team tournament.

Again great job to the Vidor boys and the Vidor coaches and fans, You too are a class act and I for one as a parent appreciate the applause you gave our boys. Losing is hard on all of us. I think the kids get over it before the adults do.

Play hard and have fun.

td

I would like to wish R. Carter, the coaching staff, the parents, and most of all the players best of luck at state. I would like to say thanks to all the other teams, it was a great tournament even though we didnt end up #1 we still had fun!      B. Baker-T.C.

Thanks for all the great comments from TC and Orange.  Our boys are so excited about going to Dallas.

I agree with TD concerning the Regional.  I do not understand how Houston can choose to not allow us into that Tourney. 

Over the last two weeks I have personally e-mailed and spoke on the phone with some of the PONY guys about this and I got nowhere. They said the Golden Triangle sends one to state and Houston sends one to state.  But, I don't think that is correct because I'm sure Houston leagues send their Sectional Champs to state and the runner-up to Regional.  And I'm sure the Regional champ goes to state.  So it sounds to me like more than one Houston team will be at state.

Orange is way to good of a team to be done for the year.  It really stinks for the kids.

I would like to say Thanks to everyone involved in the tournament.  And a BIG THANKS to the ground crew for making the fields the best they could be under the conditions that we have had over the past few weeks.  I personally thought it was a huge success along with a great playing enviroment for the kids.  I wish the best of luck to Vidor at State.

CMccollum - TC

It's just the Houston treams complaining. The PONY people have the final say (Sorry Bubba). The way it was before this years was, if you came in second in our tournament then you had to go play in Conroe. That was I believea a6 team tournament with the top 2 teams making it to Irving the next weekend. When we went as Shetland there were rain delays that would have caused us to play until Monday. I decided to just take second place and go home for two days. We still went and we ended up winning a game in Irving. The Houston people just want to send two teams from the Houston area  instead of one. I say if they're good enough they will beat a team from our area and go anyway. If not then let the best team move on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder