Who will be the best team in the area in 2008?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personaly, I think both teams will be the closest they have been in the past couple of years......two years ago....all LCM......last year all West Brook....this year both teams should benifit from their scrimmage......... and that's not knocking either team........I'm picking LCM in their district, to battle with PNG and West Brook to battle it out with Atascocita, to defend their crown......good luck to both!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with Eagle, 5A vs. 4A is way overrated. In '06 LCM took the Brook behind the shed for a good 'ole country beatin' and last year, Westbrook beat up on LCM. As is with any high school game, it's who makes the routine plays and who can throw strikes.

Wow...scrimmages?

Preseason...I'll take Barbers Hill at the top.  Best pitching in the area.  Then Jasper.  Best coach in the area.  After that, LCM...the other best coach in the area.

Great time of year...everyone oughta be jacked...

I'm aware that these were scrimmages. Just stating the outcome. 5A vs. 4A really means nothing. The team that makes the routine plays and throws strikes will win 95% of the time at the high school level. Do you agree MIF?

Generally speaking, yes.  Defense and pitching wins championships.  That is true at HS, Little League and Major League levels.

Guest rambleonus
Kingwood Park in 22-3A will be a surprise this season.  Although only Freshman and Sophomores they should be pretty tough.  Buddy Thames will be the head coach this season.  In the realignment next year they will be moved to a 4A district.

643 You dont know to much about the game of baseball. Did you go to any WB games in 07? Obviously NOT, becuase if you did you would know that any 3a or 4a team in southeast TX does not stand a chance against WB.

i do believe png and wb duked it out last year in the tourney.. and it was a close game until flores ran into the fence.. & ya'll still barely beat us..correct me if i'm wrong?!

just an opinion, LCM is good and has some talent don't get me wrong.. but i think you all may be overrating them.. they lost their two biggest assets[rowell]&[/hearn]...

again only an opinion, but i think vidor has more talent than LCM.. & i do believe it will be a close race between vidor and PNG with LCM and nederland battling it out for third..

I think West Brook will really struggle this year, in a tough district.  They are going to need some young pitchers to step up big time if they are going to have any success.  It won't surprise me to see them drop some games to smaller schools this year.  I just hope they can get it all togethor by the time district rolls around.

just an opinion, LCM is good and has some talent don't get me wrong.. but i think you all may be overrating them.. they lost their two biggest assets[rowell]&[/hearn]...

again only an opinion, but i think vidor has more talent than LCM.. & i do believe it will be a close race between vidor and PNG with LCM and nederland battling it out for third..

I agree. 22-4AAAA will again be a battle....same as last year.

PNG has harrington, who is good but they need a strong number two to compete in this district.

Vidor has two good pitchers just dont know if they have they bats.

LCM has a pitcher for just about every game and good bats to.

With that said in my opinion, i think LCM/Vidor then png/ned

Let's don't under estimate the Bulldogs. If Sampere comes back 100%, he can beat anybody in the district. Dogs have to play defense and hit for power. If McFarlane can get hot, he can supply the power. Look for Kirby Bellows to step up as he did in football.

I like 2 guys that could make a difference, Ryan Brady and Jordan Pitts both diamonds in the rough on the infield. Another guy who can win on the mound is Justin Richard, watch this guy, he just gets people out and can throw for days. 

PNG has harrington, who is good but they need a strong number two to compete in this district.

Vidor has two good pitchers just dont know if they have they bats.

LCM has a pitcher for just about every game and good bats to.

With that said in my opinion, i think LCM/Vidor then png/ned

LCM with what they are returning:

Vidor has a chip on their shoulder will give LCM a run for the District if they stay healthy:

PNG has traditions:

Nederland also traditions but after losing a play in game @ HOME they will be  out to prove last year was a off year and that they are better then they played last season.

Will be a good season to watch some baseball good look to all teams.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder