Jasper...The Best 3A Team Ever?

Do you think Jasper was the best 3A team ever?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Jasper was the best 3A team ever?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before i throw my answer...i just want to see jaspers overall team stats...cause the 2005 BC baseball team was UNREAL for a 3A team...but im not gunna say that the 05 team was the best ever (we didnt win state of course...) but i do wanna see jaspers stats before i can throw a real answer (so i can compare)

look at the stats on the front page.....i did those stats just so everybody knows ;D.......me and jdawg03 were working together last night and i did the stats for both teams

Guest Wildcat 08

I disagree! Look at carthage. Before BC beat them they were 28-0. That all impossible to accomplish. LE had a player going to the Pro's right after HS. Jasper's pitching depth was incredible.

haha MIF, great point...your right, it doesn't matter if jasper is the best 3A team of all time...they are in fact the best 3A team in 2007 hahaha

and the 2004 LaGrange team with Homer Bailey was a great team...(and what a debut he had tonight in Cincinnatti!)

pretty impressive performance in the tourney thats for sure....but best ever? might be a stretch...but heck you won the thing lol

it might have been a different story had middlebrooks pitched...but congrats anyway..

glad we lost to the state champs  :)

Middlebrook could bring the ball.  He was warming up behind home plate before the game.  When you see someone throwing 90+ from close range it gives you an appreciation for trying to bat against MLB pitchers.  Middlebrook might have beaten Jasper I don't know.  Sinton put up a few runs on him.  I don't know if LE could have scored against Parson or Reagan with a healthy arm. 

Well...just a question.  If you do not think that Jasper is the best 3A team ever, then who is?  And I'm gonna have to say a big heck no to the BC team that some refer to because obviously, they didnt win the championship...and I have never heard of anyone dominating at the state tournament as they just did... :)

Well...just a question.  If you do not think that Jasper is the best 3A team ever, then who is?  And I'm gonna have to say a big heck no to the BC team that some refer to because obviously, they didnt win the championship...and I have never heard of anyone dominating at the state tournament as they just did... :)

They did win those two games big, but I am sure it has happened many times on several different classification levels.

Jasper was a great team, but I believe I have seen several other Jasper teams (not to mention other 3A teams) that were certainly as good, and a few I believe were better.  Jasper lost several games this year.  One of them to a 2A team that wasn't all that great.  We lost to 3 different teams in our own district, along with a 4A team that didn't make the playoffs.  The best ever 3A team doesn't lose to that many different teams.  Jasper got some nice breaks along the way and probably is very fortunate to have lost a few game to match up with Abilene Wylie instead of LE in the 1st round. 

Who in 3A was better than Jasper ever?

Well this year  Lufkin Central, HJ, Silsbee, BC, and Bellville on at least one occasion.  :)

Honestly, La Grange in '04 was way better, and I personally believe the Jasper team they beat was better than this Jasper team.  La Grange went 33-1 and won 11-0 and 10-4 at the State Tourney. 

I believe the Lorena team that put out another great Jasper team in '03 was better.  They didn't have a dominating offensive output at the state tourney but won it all and finished the season at 33-0!

Honestly I believe both BC and Barbers Hill teams from last year were better than this Jasper team.  I believe I have seen 2 or 3 other Barbers Hill teams that were better than this team also. 

Just looking back at the UIL Archive Orange Grove (whoever that is) ten run ruled their two opponents at the State tourney 11-1 and 10-0.  Their other scores in the playoffs were 5-1, 4-1, 8-0, and 10-2.  Sounds like a great team.

To me that is what makes the State Championship so nice..we won it without the superstars and dominating team.  All those years we had the superstars we couldn't bring home the gold.  This year we had a solid team from top to bottom and got the job done big time.

They did win those two games big, but I am sure it has happened many times on several different classification levels.

Jasper was a great team, but I believe I have seen several other Jasper teams (not to mention other 3A teams) that were certainly as good, and a few I believe were better.  Jasper lost several games this year.  One of them to a 2A team that wasn't all that great.  We lost to 3 different teams in our own district, along with a 4A team that didn't make the playoffs.  The best ever 3A team doesn't lose to that many different teams.  Jasper got some nice breaks along the way and probably is very fortunate to have lost a few game to match up with Abilene Wylie instead of LE in the 1st round. 

Who in 3A was better than Jasper ever?

Well this year  Lufkin Central, HJ, Silsbee, BC, and Bellville on at least one occasion.  :)

Honestly, La Grange in '04 was way better, and I personally believe the Jasper team they beat was better than this Jasper team.  La Grange went 33-1 and won 11-0 and 10-4 at the State Tourney. 

I believe the Lorena team that put out another great Jasper team in '03 was better.  They didn't have a dominating offensive output at the state tourney but won it all and finished the season at 33-0!

Honestly I believe both BC and Barbers Hill teams from last year were better than this Jasper team.  I believe I have seen 2 or 3 other Barbers Hill teams that were better than this team also. 

Just looking back at the UIL Archive Orange Grove (whoever that is) ten run ruled their two opponents at the State tourney 11-1 and 10-0.  Their other scores in the playoffs were 5-1, 4-1, 8-0, and 10-2.  Sounds like a great team.

To me that is what makes the State Championship so nice..we won it without the superstars and dominating team.  All those years we had the superstars we couldn't bring home the gold.  This year we had a solid team from top to bottom and got the job done big time.

Alright....but who is the 2A team that they lost to??  I sure don't remeber it.

Middlebrook could bring the ball.  He was warming up behind home plate before the game.  When you see someone throwing 90+ from close range it gives you an appreciation for trying to bat against MLB pitchers.  Middlebrook might have beaten Jasper I don't know.  Sinton put up a few runs on him.  I don't know if LE could have scored against Parson or Reagan with a healthy arm. 

NO it wouldn't have been a different story, even if you pitched middlebrooks you only scored 4 runs and with LE's 4 errors it wouldn't have been enough to hold Jasper back...no way...uncontested champions of 3A...no if's and's or but's about it...

Guest BC boy 17

NO it wouldn't have been a different story, even if you pitched middlebrooks you only scored 4 runs and with LE's 4 errors it wouldn't have been enough to hold Jasper back...no way...uncontested champions of 3A...no if's and's or but's about it...

now idk about uncontested champions.....if BC wouldnt have had a defensive melt down, they would have had a very good chance of beating the dawgs

well to force errors you have to put the ball in play

and if hes bringin it 95...that ups the anty a little from 85 and makes it a wee bit tougher to hit

He was a terrific looking pitcher.  Last time Jasper faced someone of his caliber his name was Homer.  That day didn't go to well :)

Just glad we got them the 2nd day and won the title.  I think we beat them 2 out of 3 all day long, but Middlebrook looked just great at SS from where I was sitting.

What if's, What if's,  ::)

This Jasper team was not the best 3A Team Ever.  But if you amend that premise to having the best state performance, then very possibly.  The Dogs were red hot.  With 28 hits in 14 innings, my rough calculations indicate the Dogs as a team batted .400  :o  To me that is astounding considering that for the season they only had Parsons over .400 at .412.

With walks and bases on errors, their on base percentage must have been out of this world.  And they did not do this against some Johnny-Come-Latelys.  They did it against two veteran ball clubs who were at state last year, and also against the defending state champion.  Not exactly chopped liver.

Personally, I think they would have still won no matter which pitcher they faced.  But we can only go by what happened, and what happened was very special for Jasper and SE Texas baseball.  :)

WOW! not to be disrespectful or rude but no way are they the best 3a team ever. to name a couple who are better, 05 and 06 Bridge City, 05 and 06 Hudson, the 04 Jasper team, the 04 Lagrange team (probably the best). Ive seen jasper play this year and as a matter of fact ive seen quite a few 3a teams. Not trying to take anything away from jasper this year because winning state is a huge accomplishment but 3a was definitely down from past years. you can go ahead and say im jealous or whatever cause i never won the title but thats not why, im just stating the truth and my opinion, although, i do think it my be a bunch of peoples opinions. but anyways congrats there are many people who wish they were in your position.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder