predictions on district mvps for 4A, and 3A...

You take the best player on the undefeated district leaders and its hard not to pick those guys: Ehlert and Angelle. I guess we could turn this into a discussion of what does "MVP" mean...is it the best player in the district, the best player on the district champ, the player who means the absolute most to his team, etc.

Just a thought, obviously not taking anything away from Elhert, he has so much talent, but as far as DISTRICT mvp, shouldnt they look at the numbers for what has happened in these games, not the name behind the players....such as great numbers put up.... Womack- LCM great pitching against Nedereland and PNG and great bat all during district , has led the team , also Dugas- LCM has come in the clutch in multiple situations , great athlete, Smith- Nederland, it could go on...just a thought., Angelle or Sparks , although Angelle has put up impressive numbers as well, Sparks has pitched multiple 1 hit, 2 hit games, and guided the mustangs almost by himself (ayers)... i guess this subject just is very debatable

It has always been my opinion that the district MVP come from the district champion team. ESPECIALLY if no other team were able to beat that team in either round. I know some will debate that, but it is just what I have always thought.

I never even put up a nominee if my team did not finish first.

Some districts I coached in automatically gave coach of the year to the champion, but I never understood how they could think that way on one topic and then turn around and give district MVP to a kid on the third place team.

I have to agree with old coach. The best player on the best team if there is no other team even close. The two local 3A and 4A districts seem to be a no brainer with BC and LCM being so far out in front. Angelle seems so obvious they should just by pass the vote. In 4A someone should really start a co-mvp campaign for Ehlert and Womack. Does this ever happen?

That could be an option. The way things work at all district picks is that if there is ever a tie between two deserving players, a leader among the coaches will step forward and make a motion to give it to them both.

Most of the time it is mutually agreed upon to give it to both.

There would be a danger in doing this though. This means the coach with two candidates would have to nominate both, possibly splitting the vote and neither of them getting MVP. Very risky and I don't think I would risk it personally.

The only problem is your coach can nominate you but they cannot vote for you so you must be very careful not to setup a split vote secnerio.

Ehlert has dominated on the hill in District.

Womack has just killed the ball all district long

Schneider, Dugas and Cassidy have all had great years as well as Lemonie so there should be plenty of first team All-District Bears

That sounds like the voice of a unanimous first teamers dad. [if not mvp, i can't recall]

The purpose of picking an all district team [or teams] is to recognize kids. Why not recognize as many as possible? What does it hurt to throw an extra kid or two a bone every now and then.

Ya'll do like bones over there in bulldog land don't you.

That must have been one heck of a runner for the coaches to add a new position to the all district team format to include him. I am certainly not opposed to change if it is warranted by circumstance. In this circumstance it sounds like the kid had garnered enough respect from the coaches of the opposing teams for them to feel the need to recognize him.

I think Womack would be a good candidate to be considered for 20 4A MVP. He has been on fire hitting, but I question fanofthegame's stat of him hitting .650 in district. I would like to see his numbers on his mound appearances before saying he is the MVP.

Doesn't matter what "we" think-it is up to the head coaches in each district to decide. I think the MVP thing is getting blown out of proportion anyway-ANY all district nod should be a great honor in our local 4-A and 3-A districts with the amount of talent in our area.

IMO-All District is to recognize the best,not include the most.That only cheapens the honor.Stats at the HS level can be very decieving.35-40 AB is not very many.I once heard stats are like a bikini they show alot,but not everything.Also I think our area gets shorted on all state selections,I have seen past allstaters from ather parts of the state that could not match up with the talent from this area.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder