Bridge City vs. #1 Carthage Predictions?

Who Wins Bridge City Or #1 Carthage?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Bridge City Or #1 Carthage?

• BC
    • Carthage

Most of these guys playing may have not even been born yet, but in 1990 the mighty Oakland A's were playing the Cinncinati Reds in the World Series..No one gave the Reds much of a chance, being the A's had names like Jose Canseco, Mark Mcgwire, Ricky Henderson and an unbelievable pitching staff..The Reds had no big names, no big homerun hitters, an OK bunch of pitchers...The end result, the Reds swept the world series 4 games to none..... It can be done.. Baseball is a funny game..

PS: I am not saying this BC team has an OK pitching staff or no homerun hitters..I am just saying on paper it looks like David vs Goliath, and I know what can happen in those type matchups... GO GET UM CARDS

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carthage is undefeated and that is tough to do at any level.  I don't think they have played but two or three quality teams but they have played some of those quality teams more than once and have won them all.  Averaging 11 runs per game means you can pound the patsies but being undefeated and having beat some good teams means you are pretty good yourself.  Bridge City should have a tough time winning this one.  Ace to Ace should be the game of the year. 

Also, Carthage does have one legitimate 90+ fastballer but according to someone I know that lives there and has seen them play several times, the other kid is probably 86-87 consistantly. Still, that's nothing to sneeze at! They will be tough to beat two out of three.

I think we definately got the tough end of the bracket!

The score is 0-0 right now.. Lets see what happens.. The Cards have a good shot.. I think the Carthage district has some weak teams in it.. The better teams played them pretty tough.. Lufkin Hudson (2 close games), Liberty Eylua (2 close games non district)  ( I meant to post this under this subject)

Hard to make a prediction not knowing anything about the other team besides the fact that they havent lost...they also havent been playing in 21-3A...Im pullin for BC...in 2 games or 3...just get the job done guys..

WELL BRIDGE CITY AINT GOIN ANYWHERE TMY PREDICTION BC IN 3... CAUSE BC'S GUNNA WOOP UP ON CARTHAGE... JACKSON'S GUNNA HIT LIKE 5 HOMERUNS EACH GAME, SO WILL JOHNNY DISHON, AND TROY BOLYON AND STRINGER AND MEEKS ARE GOING TO BOTH HAVE PERFECT GAMES AND BE BLOWIN' IT PAST THOSE LITTLE CARTHAGE PUPS ALL NIGHT!!!!!!! CARTHAGE PLAYS AGAINST EASIER TEAMS AND THAT'S THE ONLY REASON THEY HAVE A BETTER RECORD THAN THE CARDS.... IF THEY HAD TO PLAY IN 21-3A THEY PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN MADE THE PLAYOFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS............

BC VS. JASPER AND BC WILL BEAT THEM TOO

No, Carthage played in District 20 I think it was; and at this point we have no good reason to think 21 is better than 20.  I watched Hudson play last week, and they looked very strong to me.

If, and only if, BC and Jasper both advance this week, then we can brag a bit about district 21.  Then get ready for a little war.  ;D

I'm sure we all appreciate expo's enthusiasm and suppport for the Cardinals, but let's give credit to all the teams left playing at this time. Anyone still standing right now has to be good in order to be here. Most of us believe that 21-3A can compare favorably with any district in the state. I also believe that BC is capable of beating Carthage. You can't disregard the fact that they are unbeaten SO FAR, but don't assume that they can't be defeated just because they haven't been YET. Carthage has only played 2 playoff games. BC has played 7 and have proven they can hang tough when things don't go perfectly. Cathage obviously can hit, but their previous playoff opponents committed a lot of errors. If BC fields well, makes no errors and continues to hit the way they have recently, they can beat Carthage twice to advance. It won't be easy by any means, but it is not impossible. There will be some great baseball played this weekend.

To Expos:  Reading your post I think you might need to add a little "bran" to your breakfast cereal or maybe even some prunes--you really need flushed out.  :-\

BC is in for another tough playoff game-set and will have to rise to the occasion to win.

I sure hope you are just another H-J pest-- LOL-- that is still jealous and just licking their egos & sores--surely you are not from BC?

To Expos:  Reading your post I think you might need to add a little "bran" to your breakfast cereal or maybe even some prunes--you really need flushed out.  :-\

BC is in for another tough playoff game-set and will have to rise to the occasion to win.

I sure hope you are just another H-J pest-- LOL-- that is still jealous and just licking their egos & sores--surely you are not from BC?

I thank the Doc has the right Med

I hope the boys on the team has more respect for each other then that

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33