Bridge City vs. #1 Carthage Predictions?

Who Wins Bridge City Or #1 Carthage?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Bridge City Or #1 Carthage?

• BC
    • Carthage

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all are pulling for BC & Jasper to climb the ranks and tend to favor then in every game.

In this case, BC has to be a heavy underdog against a team that is 10 run ruling pretty good teams along the way.

This actually will be a monumental task to beat Carthage.  With a lot of intelligence and excellent play--I say-- it is possible that it can be done.

Remember Carthage is no ordinary 3A team; folks move to Carthage when their boys hit Jr Hi just to prepare to play for this well supported HS diamond-centered program.

Many youth come there to hopefully be seen by Panola Jr. College and picked up locally after HS in a good preparatory college development program.

BC has a number of youth that have stepped up as this year has progressed and if they all "hit on all cylinders" for this series--yes, it is possible.

Good Luck!

To Ant Ddr:  Thank you for visiting this forum--we welcome you!

I have a question--I know your team beat Texark Liberty-Eylua(a Region II high rated playoff baseball team) and reigning state champ.  Could you tell us the scores and about those particular games?

I understand that your Carthage team beat Lufkin Hudson twice in District(the third place 20-3A team that Jasper plays this week); again what was the scores? Etc:?

ok well heres my two cents:

forget about regular season, this is the playoffs...let that clear the air here for a second.  ok that said championships do not go to the teams that posses the better records, the colts would win it every year if it did, but the teams that are playing the best at the time being usually advance.  bc has overcome a lot in just the last three weeks, we have played 7 playoff games, carthage has played 2 (not battle tested) cameron yoe kicked the ball around w/ 5 errors and 6 unearned runs, and i dont believe taylor brought their best.  

the state champs lost 14 games last year!  let that sit for a while

enough about carthage, this series will come down to us, whether we're mentally tough enough to play at the level we know we're capable.  two years ago we were the underdogs against a lufkin hudson team that had two lefties throwing mid 90's but bc overcame and played to their potential.  

carthage is sitting on cloud nine and cruising through the playoffs, but bc cant get caught up in all the hype.  a lot of people will see this as david vs. goliath, but i like to see it as two powerhouses.

carthage carthage carthage carthage carthage carthage...we can say it all we want to now, we got the chance we wanted now its here....time to go to work, i'll take our pitchers and defense against anyone

To Ant Ddr:  Thank you for visiting this forum--we welcome you!

I have a question--I know your team beat Texark Liberty-Eylua(a Region II high rated playoff baseball team)  could you tell us the score and about that particular game?

I understand that your Carthage team beat Lufkin Hudson twice in District(the team that Jasper plays this week); again what was the scores?

I'm not Ant Ddr but here's what i could find...

07 Carthage Bulldog Baseball

28-0 (14-0)

------------------------------------

@ Liberty Eylau(W 3-1)

vs. Texas High(W 4-2)

vs. Gladewater(W 9-1)

vs. Brook Hill(W 14-0)

vs. Henderson(W 12-1)

vs. Quitman(W 15-0)

vs. Brook Hill(W 19-2)

vs. Nacogdoches(W 17-6)

vs. Pleasant Grove(W 11-2)

vs. Liberty Eylau (W 6-2)

vs. Hallsville (W 12-8)

--------------------------------

vs. CROCKETT(W 4-2)

vs. CENTRAL(W 4-1)

vs. DIBOLL(W 8-0)

@ CENTER(W 14-0)

vs. RUSK(W 11-1)

vs. HUDSON(W 4-0)

@ HUNTINGTON(W 19-0)

@ CROCKETT(W 19-4)

@ CENTRAL(W 11-0)

@ DIBOLL(W 17-0)

vs. CENTER(W16-0)

@ RUSK(W 12-0)

@ HUDSON(W 6-4)

vs. HUNTINGTON(W 9-2)

---------------------------------------

vs. Pine Tree (W 3-1)

--------------------------------------

vs. CAMERON YOE(W 11-1)

vs. TAYLOR(W 10-0)

Some research can be done at maxpreps.com 

It seems a pretty accurate site........although I can't vouch for it.

In the first game between Carthage and Tx Liberty, it reports that Rollins only pitched 4 innings....yet they played 7.  His stats are listed at 5 K's, 3 BB's, 1 hit and 1 run given up in facing 16 batters.  This game is listed at being played on 2-19.....so that was a while ago.

I said it before, and I will say it again.......records are for the fans. 

Guest Bulldog

im pulling for BC but honestly, i dont think they stand a chance against carthage

Well i don't think Jasper stands a chance against Hudson......

Guest Bulldog

ill let u think what u want jerk......i said that i am pulling for BC but i just dont think theyll win

Let me correct my self im pulling for Jasper but they wont win.....better?

Well i don't think Jasper stands a chance against Hudson......

Sure they do!  Jasper has at least TWO chances.  Slim and none.   ;D  Better yet, if the ball bounces right, they have a chance.  But as I posted elsewhere, Jasper does have a mighty big hill to climb.  But to say they have no chance, well I think that is what most folks said about Jasper's chances against BC and Silsbee as I remember.   ;)

Guest kosmo

I would have flipped for a one gamer in this one as well.  The team is undefeated, so the chances of them losing 2 out of 3 would be slimmer than them having one bad night, and getting the boot from the playoffs.  I like the strategy, and was hoping that we could get a one gamer.  I hope we can get some hot sticks for a couple games and take it to them. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder