* Needville 4 Bridge City 3 Final/Game 1*

Guest Orangeboy

He didn't

You can't expect the kid to slide when the play is happening that far in front of the plate, look at the pitcher on KOGT, you can tell the kid tried to avoid the tag.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't expect the kid to slide when the play is happening that far in front of the plate, look at the pitcher on KOGT, you can tell the kid tried to avoid the tag.

looked at the pic...the kid CLEARLY is trying to leagally avoid the tag...doesn't initiate malicious contact.  i don't know how this play is even an issue.  i wasn't at this game an have no ties to either school...sometimes you just get beat.  sounds like on thursday night, bridge city just got.  doesn't mean they are a bad team, they just lost the game.

looked at the pic...the kid CLEARLY is trying to leagally avoid the tag...doesn't initiate malicious contact.  i don't know how this play is even an issue.  i wasn't at this game an have no ties to either school...sometimes you just get beat.  sounds like on thursday night, bridge city just got.  doesn't mean they are a bad team, they just lost the game.

That was not the play at home I was talking about. The play in the picture is of the final run that won the game in extra innings. I was talking about a run earlier that the kid did not slide. It happened at the plate in about the 4th or 5th inning. The play in the picture was never in question. Regardless, BC lost and will regroup to take the next two.

Maybe it's already been written, was the freshman Needville's ace?

I've seen in the past with 2 out of 3 with a pitcher like Stringer, the opposing team will throw #3.

Maybe tigerpride has already discussed this, been moving quick these last couple days and haven't been able to read everything.

Go Bridge City..Get-R-Dun..If you find something that is working early(eg. stealing bases) don't stop doing it midway through the game......Led off the 8th inning with a single by Warner just wondering why we didn't bunt him to 2nd (I do know Stringer is swinging a hot bat, I'm just wondering)

Is there not a baseline issue here?  The runner clearly ran out of the baseline to avoid the tag.  So far that he missed the plate as he went by it.  Yes we dropped the ball but the runner should have been out. 

Anyway. we left them in the game entirely too long.  They all have a good eye on the ball.  We need to score like we did early on this season and play good defense!

Bow your neck guys!

Is there not a baseline issue here?  The runner clearly ran out of the baseline to avoid the tag.  So far that he missed the plate as he went by it.  Yes we dropped the ball but the runner should have been out. 

get and read a rule book.  the white lines are not what is considered when talking about being out of a baseline.  the baseline in a straight line from the baserunner to the next base.  as he rounds third, he's not going to stop and make a 90 degree turn.  his momentum will carry him into foul territory.  that's when the baseline is established.  and as we've already stated, he has to legally avoid the tag...that's what he's doing in the picture.  so no, he should not have been out...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami