Bridge City vs Needville Predictions?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well...ive seen BC playoff games since ive been back home...sadly, its been 1 win and 2 losses (games 2 and 3 of the softball team, and game 2 of bc vs wharton).

*the softball team had a great year, sorry to see them lose out early again...but their coach is a GREAT coach...i predict that program to stay up top in the state, and i promise promise you that they will have more deeper runs in the playoffs*

(on to the baseball team, haha)

what i saw in my only game to watch bc play, i can't say that i was really impressed, but i know it was a bad game for them.  from what ive heard, with stringer's pitching, i would say bc will take game 1, no prob (but that's just goin by word-of-mouth)...now...meeks on the bump gives me doubts for game 2 for bc.  wharton, who really didnt swing all that well, did knock him up pretty good.  meeks has a good curve and decent slider that will keep them off balance, but at the same time...i didnt see many called strikes out of those pitches.  so, if bc is to win game 2, their sticks will have to come to play, cause i would imagine bc will give up a few runs in that game.

their defense to me looks very very good.  i was really impressed with the freshman third baseman, and the freshman shortstop.  i am iffy about right field though...the kid was makin the can of corn catches look scary (like he's not really fundamentally sound...)

the offense will have to be more than just your top 4 hitters in your line up...the game i saw...bolton, dishon (who was walked the whole game...but did give you a threatning baserunner none the less), jackson, and hicks were the only ones who not only hit the ball well...but gave competitive at bats.

to me, when you got past those hitters...you were looking at 'dead outs.' (like i said...this is off of ONE game of me watchin) but again, i wasn't looking at results of your at bat whether they got hits or hit home runs or not...

like...delano, estrada, wiley, and some other kid...didnt even compete at the plate...

i say for bc to advance, the whole line up will need to compete and get those hits, cause from now on the pitching they will face will be very very solid...no podunk pitching (except for jasper and a kid from silsbee) that they saw all year in district...

good luck guys!

Good luck to the BC Cardinals. BC has a right to be proud of those boys. They are a well coached team and fun to watch. Stringer is the real deal, and Dishon is a playmaker. The most impressive thing for me was the play of the 2 fish on the left side. Hicks especially looks like something special.

I like BC in two. Meeks may have struggled a little in game 2 but he can get it done. 

Wharton's pitcher in game 3, the 15 yr old freshman was not your typical freshman. I really don't know how much he pitched in the earlier games but for a couple innings he was throwing mid to low 80's.

Wharton made a good move by walking Jackson with a base open, but Chase Warner came thru in the clutch to break the game open. 

BC could move Hicks into the 2nd spot in the rotation, Willey can play SS. Meeks is a tough closer that could be used in all 3 games if needed.

well...ive seen BC playoff games since ive been back home...sadly, its been 1 win and 2 losses (games 2 and 3 of the softball team, and game 2 of bc vs wharton).

*the softball team had a great year, sorry to see them lose out early again...but their coach is a GREAT coach...i predict that program to stay up top in the state, and i promise promise you that they will have more deeper runs in the playoffs*

(on to the baseball team, haha)

what i saw in my only game to watch bc play, i can't say that i was really impressed, but i know it was a bad game for them.  from what ive heard, with stringer's pitching, i would say bc will take game 1, no prob (but that's just goin by word-of-mouth)...now...meeks on the bump gives me doubts for game 2 for bc.  wharton, who really didnt swing all that well, did knock him up pretty good.  meeks has a good curve and decent slider that will keep them off balance, but at the same time...i didnt see many called strikes out of those pitches.  so, if bc is to win game 2, their sticks will have to come to play, cause i would imagine bc will give up a few runs in that game.

their defense to me looks very very good.  i was really impressed with the freshman third baseman, and the freshman shortstop.  i am iffy about right field though...the kid was makin the can of corn catches look scary (like he's not really fundamentally sound...)

the offense will have to be more than just your top 4 hitters in your line up...the game i saw...bolton, dishon (who was walked the whole game...but did give you a threatning baserunner none the less), jackson, and hicks were the only ones who not only hit the ball well...but gave competitive at bats.

to me, when you got past those hitters...you were looking at 'dead outs.' (like i said...this is off of ONE game of me watchin) but again, i wasn't looking at results of your at bat whether they got hits or hit home runs or not...

like...delano, estrada, wiley, and some other kid...didnt even compete at the plate...

i say for bc to advance, the whole line up will need to compete and get those hits, cause from now on the pitching they will face will be very very solid...no podunk pitching (except for jasper and a kid from silsbee) that they saw all year in district...

good luck guys!

You have been misinformed  the 5 thru 9 hitters are no slouches..Warner, Robertson, Wiley, Delano, Stringer will and do come through... it is evident that you only saw one game this year

Guest Bulldog

You have been misinformed  the 5 thru 9 hitters are no slouches..Warner, Robertson, Wiley, Delano, Stringer will and do come through... it is evident that you only saw one game this year

Diddo If I remember Warner and Stringer each had three hits a piece and Warner had 2 or 3 rbi's. Delano hits the ball just as well as our top four and willey's just not back in his grove yet just wait he's dangerous....and for little Joe he's a freshman, one of the best ive ever seen........

exactly...if they werent any good and just "didnt compete" they wouldnt be in there.  everyone that was mentioned put the ball in play...last i checked the ball wasnt on a tee either...wharton was pretty good

and who in the world is "estrada" ???

exactly...if they werent any good and just "didnt compete" they wouldnt be in there.  everyone that was mentioned put the ball in play...last i checked the ball wasnt on a tee either...wharton was pretty good

and who in the world is "estrada" ???

I thought maybe he was someone I didn't know about?????

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder