Dave Campbell Football Magazine

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get one simply because there's nothing else.

As crazy as SE Texans are about their HS football, I'm surprised there's not an annual magazine devoted to SE Texas HS football teams similar to the "Top of Texas" magazine that provides a pre-season view of all Region I teams.

Guest Yard Bird

My dad and i have ever issue except 1961.  It's good because it is one of a kind.  It has gone down in quality that last few years.  I would also like more HS coverage and less to no pro and college.  I mean there seems to be 15 mags each year dedicated to pro and equal number of college rags.  I truly wish that they would break down each classification a little more.  The problem is that ask for all the info from the coaches in March, and that is not enough time to get a indepth break down.

hey coop, have you found out the street date?

I have 1963 thru 2006.  Yep, I will get 2007.  I've held the 1960 one but I didn't buy it at the time.  I visited with Dave Campbell in his office in 1993 about his memories of doing the first one at his kitchen table with his wife Edith.  His "piddling around" turned into something each of us look forward to.  There are times it has some "isues" (no pun intended), but it is still the best.  Pushing to get it on the sreet sooner and sooner, causes the problems, IMO.

We will all see who the Cover Boy will be.............  Predictions?  I say Colt McCoy or possibly Todd Dodge with North Texas (or a mix).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder