what are the names of all the super gold?

I was wondering the same thing, but then figured that they would have trouble naming an entire team since the Enterprise cover so few games!   >:(  They probably have NO IDEA who plays for what team.  As far as I know, not many coaches have been contacted for their input either. 

It's frustrating calling in scores and not seeing them in the Beamont paper.  Tom Haliburton at the PA News has done a wonderful job of covering local soccer over the years, though.

True story:  A few years, ago a day before their second round playoff game, a local coach was contacted by the Enterprise and asked for his season schedule, and the reporter wanted some quotes on how the coach thought his season was going to be.  Apparently the reporter didn't realize the season had been going on for the past THREE MONTHS!   :o

I guess I should name an All-Star Sports Writers team without reading any of the papers now!

Just found out it was in today's Bmt Surprise.  I don't remember all of the names, though.

Those I remember:

Kelly - Kirby and Hanks

WB - Rios and J-Po and maybe another

Lumberton - Waldrup, Garza, and Brakin I think

Silsbee - Eades

Central - Heratio

PN-G - Parks, Tallent, and Baque

Vidor - Biffle and Smith 

I'm not positive on these, so if I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

Baque? are you serious? Wow that is ridiculous, (not saying he is bad) but i know two keepers who are better than him first there would be Stockie of Kelly and second i would say Ricky of Silsbee. I guess maybe they wanted to keep the SuperGold all Juniors and Seniors which is the only reason i could possibly think of for Stockie not being on there, because he is the best, that NO ONE, not even me(if i was against him), could argue. But if that was the case then why didnt Ricky get it, that blows my mind. Who is it exactly that chooses the SuperGold Team? because the incompetance of whoever it was stuns me, on just their choice of goalie alone.

Last year... They asked the Port Arthur coach who he thought should be on the team and no one else... I dont know if they did the same thing this year... possibly... You know Brett Zumo from WB isnt too shabby of GK himself... at a point in time this past season he was in the top 10 in the state (5A) in goals against...

who gets the say in the nomination of the supergold SETXsports comment team.  what stats will decide who gets chosen?  will the number of posts be considered?  what about karma points?  will posting in a variety of sports help you get the nod, or will the team just be chosen by some nimwit picking from the names he likes the best (and of course he'd pick the people who don't use words that are too big for him to understand)

Guest Soccerfan

who gets the say in the nomination of the supergold SETXsports?

that is a good question!!!!!!! How in the world was this team selected? I didnt see many reporters from the Bmt Enterprise at many games this year so how is it possible for them to select a Supergold Team? MVP wasnt Kirby or Waldrup--undeniably the best two players in SE Texas. I am sure those reporters view this board, a little info on your methods would be nice.Just curious

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder