Dayton

If you are really looking at Dayton---then look at Barber's Hill.  Girls basketball is serious there.  When we lived there nobody could understand how we had 3 girls and none played basketball.  Nice place to live--only about 15 miles from Dayton.

But Silsbee would be glad to have you too.  But a little far from a job in Houston (just a guess).

BH does have an outstanding girls BB program and we are always looking for more talent. I have a daughter playing point guard going into 8th grade next year, so I am biased!  Dayton folks, please don't take offense, but while in general the sports programs (and the fans) there are top-notch, girls BB isn't, at least not compared to your neighbor down south.  Our 7th grade played Dayton 3 times this past year and won by an average of 30 pts each time.  8th grade about the same results.  High School is coached by Van Chancellor's (Houston Comets) son John, who has experience in college and professional coaching as well being a great motivator.

Also, BH girls play all year on on select teams by grade level.  Playing tonight!

Ok that's my shameless attempt at recruiting.  ;D

BH does have an outstanding girls BB program and we are always looking for more talent. I have a daughter playing point guard going into 8th grade next year, so I am biased!  Dayton folks, please don't take offense, but while in general the sports programs (and the fans) there are top-notch, girls BB isn't, at least not compared to your neighbor down south.  Our 7th grade played Dayton 3 times this past year and won by an average of 30 pts each time.  8th grade about the same results.  High School is coached by Van Chancellor's (Houston Comets) son John, who has experience in college and professional coaching as well being a great motivator.

Also, BH girls play all year on on select teams by grade level.  Playing tonight!

Ok that's my shameless attempt at recruiting.   ;D

not to be rude, but first of all..high school basketball is completely different than junior high..you can't judge a high school by the way their junior high plays.. it 2 completly different games!! we (dayton) have really improved this season from last year and we are still improving!! 

Though I always love to recruit...I do think that Dayton is building a good program.  The head coach is working hard to improve the entire program.  I have seen him at many of the sub varsity games and I even saw him at a Middle School game in Barbers Hill.  That shows me he is working hard.  Ladybronco #20 does hit it right in that high school ball is different than Junior High and I do wish them luck.  They seem to have a good staff and some girls willing to work hard, so we should see them take another step in the right direction this year. 

i agree with ladybronco20. she pretty much nails it.

also, i am a graduating senior from the lady broncos this year. we are known for being in shape and play a very up tempo game.

i am so proud of our girls and the work they are putting in this off season to prepare for next year. we had much improvement from last season, and the girls are going to be even better next year.

Coach Wooldridge works very hard to be the best coach he can be to us, and would do anything to help us succeed not only in basketball, [because of him i am going to be playing college basketball next year] but academically as well and the results are showing. even if i had the choice, i would have never picked a different team to be a part of.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder