White Face / Black Face

SmashMouth

34 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

While I can't read your heart and mind, I can only go by what you say and support. You always seem to fall on the racist side of an argument, like thinking there's nothing wrong with black face.  

I'm tired of educating you fools on things you should know. 

This is the hidden content, please

There are times to be contrarian, such as debating the best way to solve a problem or where to go on vacation, etc. But on ideas that society has clearly deemed wrong, either you're a deep thinker like Kanye or you're racist. You take your pick. Neither are good, cuh.

Clearly you know society deems it wrong, otherwise you'd put it on and post up on Facebook.  No one is stopping you. Have at and let me know how that goes. Halloween is the season for it.  I'll be looking for you on KTRK.

As for the president, as I've stated numerous times, I show him the same respect he showed Obama, which was none.  Again he has 2 years to grow up and change my mind but we all know he's incapable of being mature. 

He is not the cause of the problem but is the end result of the southern strategy. He the one.

Racism existed before he was elected. It'll exist after he's out of office.  It'll exist after we've all turned to dust. But the good thing about 2018 is I don't have to accept it, I can call it out. That's something my parents and grandparents and their ancestors couldn't do without fear of being lynched. 

If you mad about that go pound sand  

Back to the celebrity in chief. His rhetoric is dispicable. His words have embolded crazed people to commit acts of terror.

So no, I don't respect him.

You analytical skills are just atrocious. It is sometimes comical to witness a superiority complex from someone that is clearly mentally challenged coupled with overt bigotry. I'm not sure whether to laugh at your ignorance or feel sympathy for you. 

IMO, it isn't wise for a white person to paint themselves black. It doesn't matter what their intentions are, it is not a good look. Now, I have known people who have done it, and I know that person to not be racist, but it still wasn't a great look. Are people too sensitive now days, yes without question, and I am not talking specifically about black people. Everybody is too sensitive. 

11 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

IMO, it isn't wise for a white person to paint themselves black. It doesn't matter what their intentions are, it is not a good look. Now, I have known people who have done it, and I know that person to not be racist, but it still wasn't a great look. Are people too sensitive now days, yes without question, and I am not talking specifically about black people. Everybody is too sensitive. 

Should they not do it because it isn't "a good look", or because it has racial implications which are hurtful to a race?

13 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

It wouldn't offend me either - because there is nothing offensible about it. So why do you think it is not a great idea?

Okay, that is your opinion. So, you don't see how it is not a great idea for a white kid to paint himself black, where baggy pants and a wife beater? Throw on a dew rag and fake gold teeth? Same example from the other side. I'm sorry man, but if you can't see how that is not a great idea, then we both wasting our time talking about it.

6 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Okay, that is your opinion. So, you don't see how it is not a great idea for a white kid to paint himself black, where baggy pants and a wife beater? Throw on a dew rag and fake gold teeth? Same example from the other side. I'm sorry man, but if you can't see how that is not a great idea, then we both wasting our time talking about it.

No, I completely agree with that being a bad idea. My question to you was why do you think "Whiteface" is unacceptable.

7 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

No, I completely agree with that being a bad idea. My question to you was why do you think "Whiteface" is unacceptable.

Ahhh. For the same reason. If I find it irresponsible to stereotype one race by dressing as them to make people laugh or whatever with my Halloween costume, then I would have find it equally irresponsible to do the same with another. Again, I wouldn't care, i'd probably laugh if the costume was funny and in good taste, but people these days walk around looking for a reason. I assume, avoiding being the reason.

2 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Ahhh. For the same reason. If I find it irresponsible to stereotype one race by dressing as them to make people laugh or whatever with my Halloween costume, then I would have find it equally irresponsible to do the same with another. Again, I wouldn't care, i'd probably laugh if the costume was funny and in good taste, but people these days walk around looking for a reason. I assume, avoiding being the reason.

What if it's not used to sterotype on race or the other - what if it's used to honor a person or to at least portray a person with no racial / stereotypical jabbing or being made fun of?

9 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Lmbo...you're being too wishy washy. From your tone, I get that you don't have a real problem with it. Do you agree?

You gotta help me out, I'm going somewhere with this.

LOL. I will try to clarify. I think it is not worth it to go "white/black face:. It is too easily avoidable. There are some cases where I would think, yeah..okay I get it, but even those.... it isn't worth it. You are correct, I, personally, don't have a real problem with it, but that's me. Hope that helps haha

Lol...Well, it does and it doesn't. I don't think we should take an extra block on the way home to avoid the bully. If there's no harm in Eddie Murphy portraying an old (which Murphy wasn't), fair-skinned (which Murphy wasn't), Jewish (which Murphy wasn't), character then why shouldn't he be able to play that character? The PC bullies say we can't so now we can't - That's why!

I just think we are taking things from one extreme to the other.

41 minutes ago, baddog said:

I was offended by the movie White Chicks. Lol. Actually, it was pretty funny, but then I don't have hangups about my color being poked fun at.

I'm not even talking about your color/race being poked fun at.

So, next progression - is it fair to say that women have been treated unfairly since basically the dawn of time? I think so. So, then, should men never be able to dress like women?

17 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

So, next progression - is it fair to say that women have been treated unfairly since basically the dawn of time? I think so. So, then, should men never be able to dress like women?

Are we including cross-dressing?   Because everyone should be able to wear what they are comfortable with.   I’ve never had a problem with Hagar preference (so I’m told) of women’s underwear.  

3 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Gimme an example.

Last year Moana was the hot Disney movie out and many kids of course wanted to dress like Moana & Maui for Halloween.  

There were numerous articles about how white kids couldn’t dress up as them and Disney even pulled the Maui custome from stores because people cried that it was racist.  People are too damn sensitive these days. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

My post was directed at no one. Sometimes I just throw something out there to chew on.