Lumberton Raiders Future.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Orangeboy.  If the Lumberton folks let Coach Reyenga build his program, their future is bright.  The difference I have seen since the scrimmages in this team is remarkable.  If the RaiderNation gets impatient, they will end up where they did last year. :o  Hang in there Raiders!

Let Reyenga do his job.  He knows what he is doing and if given support and time he will get the job done.  If the mama's and daddy's try to speed up Reyenga's process then I can guarantee you that he will lay down the law.

Let Reyenga do his job.  He knows what he is doing and if given support and time he will get the job done.  If the mama's and daddy's try to speed up Reyenga's process then I can guarantee you that he will lay down the law.

why do you assume its the parents? obviously it WASNT the PARENTS last year if you know anything about our past coach.. We are probably doing so bad because this is our third coach in three years. you cant have any chemistry with each other if the coach dont stay. we are blessed to have reyenga as our coach, it will just take some time for everyone to play as a whole.

I love it when I read on threads that it is the coaches fault, and we need this and we need that.  I am trying to find the thread at the beginnig of the year where you Lumberton raider fans said something like we are going to compete in district because we have 4-7 starters back from last years team.  Instead of blaming past coaches, brevell, bussamont, you guys maybe need to look in the mirror and realize that you dont have any talent.  As a person that watches a lot of golden triangle baseball, i have noticed one thing.  The teams that compete are the teams that have several kids playing select ball and summer ball, i RARELY see a raider playing select or summer ball.  I am sure eventually you guys are going to run off another good coach in reygna, and i wish him the best, but you def. should be doing better than what your record shows.  heck there is really only one district game in which you were even close to winning, like i said look in the mirror, dont put the blame on someone else.

2nd Team All District

Soph-Cody Hussey--------------- Catcher

Soph-Stephen McDonough ------1st Base

Fresh-Corey Lemaire--------------2nd Base

Sr.----Jason White----------------3rd Base

Sr-----Keko McGalin--------------Outfield

Jr------Darby Chilek--------------Outfield

It took me 30 min to find these, but I did.  With 4 returning 2nd team all-district players in a tough tough district, they should compete better than they are.  Someone please explain this to me.

Guest baseball25

man all district doesn't mean anything all that stuff is overated.....it just comes down to Lumberton doesn't have any good baseball players....they don't have one player that can go play at the juco level right now or at any college level......in the past Lumberton had some good players..they just don't have the players right now.....y'all need to let Reyenga coach and the parents need to stop bitching because there sons aren't playing the truth hurts your kids aren't that good and if the seniors can't step it up and do there job then reyenga is doing the right thing play the younger guys becasue there going to give you a 100 percent becasue you can't do any worse then what you are doing right now........you got seniors that are 18 years old and they can't  catch a damn pop fly I mean thats horrible.....

Guest ltownbaseball9

He just showed you why its overated Lumberton has 3 all district players on there team from last year and there not helping lumberton one bit this year........thats why its overated........

the reason that lumberton isn't winning is because they have guys on that team that don't give a rip. one of the 3 all-district players returning from last year doesn't even start every game b/c of his lack of caring. that's why there is only one senior that starts every single game, and that could change soon too.. the younger classmen that are filling in are giving everything they have, b/c they are fighting for a spot. and once they get that spot, they wont stop fighting. guarntee it. lumbertons future is very bright!

man all district doesn't mean anything all that stuff is overated.....it just comes down to Lumberton doesn't have any good baseball players....they don't have one player that can go play at the juco level right now or at any college level......in the past Lumberton had some good players..they just don't have the players right now.....y'all need to let Reyenga coach and the parents need to stop bitching because there sons aren't playing the truth hurts your kids aren't that good and if the seniors can't step it up and do there job then reyenga is doing the right thing play the younger guys becasue there going to give you a 100 percent becasue you can't do any worse then what you are doing right now........you got seniors that are 18 years old and they can't  catch a dang pop fly I mean thats horrible.....

just to let you know.. lumbertons 3 of 3 or maybe 4 hits... came from ALL seniors friday against lcm...

This seems to be an 'annual' thread...and should be more appropriately entitled "Why is Lumberton so bad...again..."  For what its worth:

1.  Lumberton is not very talented right now.  That's no one's fault, just the way it is.  When you play baseball in SE Texas, there is a lot of talent and a lot of talented teams.  The Raiders are not so blessed.  GET BETTER.

2.  There always seems to be a faction of parents and (perhaps) players who blame the coach.  Doesn't matter who it is.  Doesn't matter if he is a good coach, bad coach or mediocre coach.  He gets the blame.  LET THE COACH DO HIS JOB AND LEAVE HIM ALONE.

3.  Instead of finger pointing (its the seniors...not, its the underclassmen...look, the senior got all our hits against LCM), find the good and work from that.  So what if the seniors (or juniors, or 8th graders for that matter) got the hits.  You lost 15-1.  BE A TEAM.

You want to be a better baseball team?  The players need to get stronger.  They need to get better.  You want your coach to be Tony LaRussa?  Give him something to work with and let him run with it.  You want Lumberton baseball to be a team?  Then act like a team and go from there.

Face the facts...Lumberton is gonna finish dead last in their district.  Behind Ozen (their only win so far).  Behind Central.  Behind everyone. 

Okay...I feel better.  I vented.  Every year, even though it may be different screen names...its the same old posts.  It gets old.  There.  End of post.

Let Reyenga do his job.  He knows what he is doing and if given support and time he will get the job done. I watched him with his 1st head coaching job. He will turn that program around unless a few village id_____ run him off.

From an outsider's point of view.  You had a good coach in Breville and chased him .  Reyenga is a good coach too.  If you keep chasing coaches, you'll never be a team that cna win.  Be a team and support your coach.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder