WOS 11 Kirbyville 2 Final/Friday

who will win???  

21 members have voted

1. 1. who will win???

• kville
    • wos

I also know the 3 Kirbyville Seniors personally, and it is pretty sad when a coach chooses to belittle his team because of personal feelings instead of encouraging them to strive to do better. Kirbyville was a victim of realignment. Most of the teams in this district have players that play ball year round. Their prospective cities allow them this privilege. Most of the teams in this district have enough players on their team to make two teams. Kirbyville Varsity had 10 players, with one doing double duty on J.V. It's a hard pill to swallow knowing going into district you are chosen to finish last. Our guys love the game. All the guys on the team push themselves to do their best, only to be shot down when a mistake is made. They are applauded when they do well, but Heaven forbid they make and error, or they will have to run for days. I was always taught that each game is a learning experience for the next one no matter what the outcome. I was also taught to not single anyone out, because a TEAM consists of everyone, not just one person. People can say what they want about the 3 guys that quit. It was a group decision not made lightly. A person can be pushed so far before he breaks. These boys' pride and integrity would not let themselves be broken by someone who obviously can't see past his own insecurities,deficiencies, and embarrassment. Raging Bull, I don't know who you are, but unless you know the REAL story, it would be a good idea to not comment. Best of Luck to the remaining team. Step up to the plate and give 'em all you got. The second half should be interesting.

Seems to me the "Kirbyville Drama" should have been kept in house and not aired here.  As an earlier post stated, it is a good place to start rumors.  This should be left with the Kirbyville team.  Good luck to the remaining players.

the seniors just didnt want to play anymore and turned in their uniform and stuff. but kville is still strong and have alot of talent this year. so i wouldnt be suprised if the young kids step up, pull it together and finish the district up strong. they cant give up and they arent planning on it either.

Well it looks like they needed those seniors

I also know the 3 Kirbyville Seniors personally, and it is pretty sad when a coach chooses to belittle his team because of personal feelings instead of encouraging them to strive to do better. Kirbyville was a victim of realignment. Most of the teams in this district have players that play ball year round. Their prospective cities allow them this privilege. Most of the teams in this district have enough players on their team to make two teams. Kirbyville Varsity had 10 players, with one doing double duty on J.V. It's a hard pill to swallow knowing going into district you are chosen to finish last. Our guys love the game. All the guys on the team push themselves to do their best, only to be shot down when a mistake is made. They are applauded when they do well, but Heaven forbid they make and error, or they will have to run for days. I was always taught that each game is a learning experience for the next one no matter what the outcome. I was also taught to not single anyone out, because a TEAM consists of everyone, not just one person. People can say what they want about the 3 guys that quit. It was a group decision not made lightly. A person can be pushed so far before he breaks. These boys' pride and integrity would not let themselves be broken by someone who obviously can't see past his own insecurities,deficiencies, and embarrassment. Raging Bull, I don't know who you are, but unless you know the REAL story, it would be a good idea to not comment. Best of Luck to the remaining team. Step up to the plate and give 'em all you got. The second half should be interesting.

We feel their pain......HF has some of the same problems!!!

The mustangs played a really good game they had 2 mistakes that cost the 2 runs junior Justin (Bubba) Gearhart pitched complete game 2 hitter with 1 walk and 6 strikeouts he was also 4-5 with 4 rbis while earl thomas was 3-4 with an rbi jacoby franks, terry veitch, taylor bonnin, chase adams and the rest of the 'stangs really hit the ball good it was a great game by the mustangs

I respectfully sent you a private message regarding your statements.