WOS @ BC Predictions????

Wow, I was there and to hear folks say their was a FIGHT that were not there is not very responsible--

What happened is the runner who was later ejected made a beautiful safe slid into home.  The Catcher dropped the ball and then shoved the BC players face in the dirt TWICE.  At that point the Catcher got off the top of the safe base runner and kicked at her and missed, then ran to retrieve the ball back at the fence.  The base runner then bounced to her feet and took two steps toward the culprit who had shoved her face in the dirt.  She made no verbal attack nor body motions.

All of the sudden the Plate Ump who had turned his attention to the base runners on the field(after he called the sliding runner SAFE) wheels around and ejects the baserunner--evidently the roar of the crowd caused him to feel warrented to-- do something.

Since the Plate Ump was not cognizant of just about anything after he called the sliding runner safe--IT WAS AN UNJUSTIFIED poor call.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you guys would like to know the facts.  In the past it is usually a one game deal but you never know with UIL....

Section 55: REPORT OF VIOLATION

A superintendent, principal, school administrator, teacher, coach, or sponsor may report an alleged violation of the Constitution

and/or Contest Rules by his or her school or school district. The report must be in writing and filed with the district executive

committee or the State Executive Committee, whichever is appropriate, within a reasonable time. The committee shall determine on a

case-by-case basis what is a reasonable period of time, however, there is no time limit to protest eligibility or any other rule which

imposes mandatory penalties.

Wow, I was there and to hear folks say their was a FIGHT that were not there is not very responsible--

What happened is the runner who was later ejected made a beautiful safe slid into home.  The Catcher dropped the ball and then shoved the BC players face in the dirt TWICE.  At that point the Catcher got off the top of the safe base runner and kicked at her and missed, then ran to retrieve the ball back at the fence.  The base runner then bounced to her feet and took two steps toward the culprit who had shoved her face in the dirt.  She made no verbal attack nor body motions.

All of the sudden the Plate Ump who had turned his attention to the base runners on the field(after he called the sliding runner SAFE) wheels around and ejects the baserunner--evidently the roar of the crowd caused him to feel warrented to-- do something.

Since the Plate Ump was not cognizant of just about anything after he called the sliding runner safe--IT WAS AN UNJUSTIFIED poor call.

To be clear, I was not there...

but it sounds like by this description it was one of those times where "the last one SEEN committing the act" is the one that got the penalty...such as in football when we see a guy get slapped when the ref wasn't looking, then get's caught slapping back and HE get's the penalty.

The umpire pressured himself (again just speculating) to make a call based on what he saw (runner advancing at the catcher unsportsmanlike) and the crowd's reaction.  Perhaps he acted too swiftly and should have investigated further into what happened.  However, if neither official saw what the catcher did first it would be difficult to impress penalty on her, for something they didn't witness.

Just an opinion but I think based on what I've read, a good stern warning to each side would have sufficed.  But again, I wasn't there.

Thank you! 

Guest bigcat

I smell a rat here. What team is BC suppose to play Friday night? WOS. Cheater is at it again. He paid Blue to toss a BC player.  Whatever it takes to win. :D ;D ;D

Yeah word had it someone spotted him snooping around in the parking lot.........thought he was collecting aluminum cans to offset his coaching stipend.......but maybe it was all a ploy..................who knows...he might have been just acting to throw folks off..He is a crafty one.

I thought I saw him yesterday at Silsbee's practice, it was kind of far off, sneaking through the woods, seemed to be a black rodent looking critter with a white stripe! ::)

WOS by run rule.......BC is out of focus, and Cheater has more up his sleeve!

Tigers12 - that is totally wishful thinking on  your part! 

I believe it will be a much closer contest, WOS could possibly knock BC off its 60 plus District wins, but they will have to play their BEST game with 0 mistakes!  BC is still capable of winning, they have more in their arsenal than that player that is a play maker -but some of those others will have to STEP UP to be sure BC gets the win! 

East TX, although that would be the "right" thing to do - don't be surprised if you don't see her on that field Friday night.....sounds like he's serious as a "heartattack" in regards to "setting the right example".  I personally think the circumstances are a little cloudy to enforce that at this point, however I am not the AD. :)

I would guess after the smoke clears that the BC AD if possible will allow the BC player to participate.  She actually showed a lot of restraint under the circumstances.

Yes she did.  And all of these people who want her to sit, IN MY OPINION, are either bearing a jealous streak OR they don't know the true character of that child!  I assure you that she was provoked!

The BC bsb pitcher also has to sit out on Friday.  The sb player is a great kid, knows she "reacted" instead of "responded", but I also believe that all the blame should not be on her....it should've been handled there on the spot and no one is talking about that.  Question that umpire right there - call a conference or something, (whatever they do) and get the story straight - just like you would question any other call during a game.  It'll all work out because whether Tigers12 wants to admit it or not, he knows that BC will probably pull it out....he's just living in a dream world where Cheater is paying him off! ;D

The BC bsb pitcher also has to sit out on Friday.  The sb player is a great kid, knows she "reacted" instead of "responded", but I also believe that all the blame should not be on her....it should've been handled there on the spot and no one is talking about that.  Question that umpire right there - call a conference or something, (whatever they do) and get the story straight - just like you would question any other call during a game.  It'll all work out because whether Tigers12 wants to admit it or not, he knows that BC will probably pull it out....he's just living in a dream world where Cheater is paying him off! ;D

WOW, what a change of heart!  Did the Tiger12 get your feathers ruffled?

WOS wins!

and it will take you 8 hours to deplete my karma, you can only do it "once" an hour! I guess I should have learned from 'clot!

Cheater doesn't have enough money to get me on his payroll!

GO Stangs! (ouch)

9 and who cares anyway...as long as the right people like you!  lol

Not a change of heart - if you look at my earlier post - I said that BC would probably win due to the fact they have more threats than WOS.  However, it will be closer than originally predicted.  Tigers12 - BC still wins!  You're living "on the edge" of a dream there buddy!  Not trying to deplete your "karma" that's so dumb anyway.....just letting  you know that your not basing your "prediction" on "facts", just your "hopes, wishes and dreams"! 

BC still flies high at the end of this one! ;D

Tigers12 - BC still wins!  You're living "on the edge" of a dream there buddy!

WOS - Wins, one player doesn't make a team, we all know that, but the mindset of team CAN be swayed by one player!

WOS - Wins, he's (Cheater) is in your head.....he won't go away, you'll have to beat Bekka and the umpires, if they can't beat you with one player out, they will eject more!

Not trying to deplete your "karma" that's so dumb anyway

I couldn't care less about this, it was a joke from a post bloodclot stated earlier

.....just letting  you know that your not basing your "prediction" on "facts", just your "hopes, wishes and dreams"! 

Do predictions really matter anyway........if they did, why play? BCC3ASC because ya'll say so every year!

BC still flies high at the end of this one!

Is that from being tossed that high......or from being victorious???

WOS - STILL wins

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder