Central, Chumperton, and Vidor. the true contendors?

Stattrax

All the talk on this site about New coaches, new offense, best coach in the district... Will it be these 3 teams in the playoffs over PAM, PNG, and Nederland? Was Centrals only weakness a coach? Was Chumpertons only weakness the offense? Does Vidor have the advantage of the best coach in the district? Or is this all LIES?!!!!!! Can Chumperton and Vidor turn the .342 and .350 winning percentages into playoff spots on a yearly basis. Is PAM and PNG overrated? Or am I being facetious???????

Give me a response from all the respected schools.... Wheres RObhasabandana, Souuulja, Chumperton fans?????????

My take, different year, same ole story....................

16 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

All the talk on this site about New coaches, new offense, best coach in the district... Will it be these 3 teams in the playoffs over PAM, PNG, and Nederland? Was Centrals only weakness a coach? Was Chumpertons only weakness the offense? Does Vidor have the advantage of the best coach in the district? Or is this all LIES?!!!!!! Can Chumperton and Vidor turn the .342 and .350 winning percentages into playoff spots on a yearly basis. Is PAM and PNG overrated? Or am I being facetious???????

Give me a response from all the respected schools.... Wheres RObhasabandana, Souuulja, Chumperton fans?????????

My take, different year, same ole story....................

Not sure the reason for this post. I haven't seen a single lumberton or vidor fan say they will knock off PNG or PAM this year, only that we will be contending for a playoff spot. Central on the other hand is going a little overboard with this coaching change in my opinion.. they will not finish second ahead of PNG

30 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Not sure the reason for this post. I haven't seen a single lumberton or vidor fan say they will knock off PNG or PAM this year, only that we will be contending for a playoff spot. Central on the other hand is going a little overboard with this coaching change in my opinion.. they will not finish second ahead of PNG

Fire back L Train11...... Its OK.....

I agree with LTrain. Obviously, PNG and PAM are the favorites, but anything can happen on any given Friday night. Look at Vidor who took down the Titans last year. There was no way that those teams where evenly matched as far as talent. So how in the world did the Titans lose? As many good coaches that are in the district, I still believe year in and year out Coach Mathews and his staff get more out of their kids than anyone else. It might not always translate into wins, but they are always very competitive. Anyway good luck all this year, and can't wait to watch some high quality football from this district.

4 minutes ago, yogibear7 said:

I agree with LTrain. Obviously, PNG and PAM are the favorites, but anything can happen on any given Friday night. Look at Vidor who took down the Titans last year. There was no way that those teams where evenly matched as far as talent. So how in the world did the Titans lose? As many good coaches that are in the district, I still believe year in and year out Coach Mathews and his staff get more out of their kids than anyone else. It might not always translate into wins, but they are always very competitive. Anyway good luck all this year, and can't wait to watch some high quality football from this district.

Yes sirrr!!! Anything is possible!! PAM is the favorite for sure, but can be outcoached. PNG on paper should be 2nd due to their offense and stud QB, but anything is possible! They will be in some high scoring games. Central, I like their potential, but who knows if they finish 2-4th? I do like Nelson there though. Ned, maybe next year. Sorry Chorizo, but they stuck in the 6 hole this year. You have 1 more year, I don't. Lumberton will compete for the 3-4 slot, but hey, I'm just a Dad being a homer! Vidor, you see it year in, year out. Can you stop it and stay disciplined? Them set of backs r gone though. That's why PAM struggled with them last year! 1st time seeing it! What did they learn from it? So really, who the heck knows? We can speculate! Just ready to get the show on the road and have some fun with it. Won't have a another kid back here till 4 years from now! 

1 hour ago, Raider24 said:

Yes sirrr!!! Anything is possible!! PAM is the favorite for sure, but can be outcoached. PNG on paper should be 2nd due to their offense and stud QB, but anything is possible! They will be in some high scoring games. Central, I like their potential, but who knows if they finish 2-4th? I do like Nelson there though. Ned, maybe next year. Sorry Chorizo, but they stuck in the 6 hole this year. You have 1 more year, I don't. Lumberton will compete for the 3-4 slot, but hey, I'm just a Dad being a homer! Vidor, you see it year in, year out. Can you stop it and stay disciplined? Them set of backs r gone though. That's why PAM struggled with them last year! 1st time seeing it! What did they learn from it? So really, who the heck knows? We can speculate! Just ready to get the show on the road and have some fun with it. Won't have a another kid back here till 4 years from now! 

Like they say on ESPN...Com on Man!!!!!this isn't STJFL..you know chumperton don't see post season once their STJFL career is over..

You mean kinda like how when this age group was there how we went to all the super bowls and y'all barely made the playoffs or was 1 & done? Or do you mean how that some of that same age group from Lumberton has made the playoffs at least once as varsity players and your group has yet to make the playoffs as varsity players? 

Lol...I'm not sure which one I meant just yet,I'll have to get back at on that one.i just wanted to write chumperton once..

but hey we did beat y'all once in peewee in the 2nd round and we got hammered in the super bowl by wo-s..that's gotta count for something,right????lol

21 minutes ago, chorizo said:

Like they say on ESPN...Com on Man!!!!!this isn't STJFL..you know chumperton don't see post season once their STJFL career is over..

Spot on......... After all the rule bending would be over. My statement was simple...... "it all takes care of itself on Friday Nights"..........

6 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

Come on now, this ain't the youth forum!

Some of the Chumperton folk are not quite sure if they can post in the Big Boy Forum............ ITS OK CHUMPEES............... YOU ARE ALL INVITED TO POST WITH THE BIG BOYS........................

Lol Stat just likes giving us chumperton peeps a hard time. He tells it like it is so you gotta respect him for that. Sadly when it comes to Lumberton and football he has earned the right to say whatever it is he wants to say. We have beat PNG once in our schools history that I'm aware of, 2008 I believe. The only way to stop the stirring of the pot is to beat those purple Indians! Playoffs isn't good enough. It's a start, and making playoffs yearly is a good goal at the moment, but we can't be satisfied with just that. I know coach babin isn't, and that's the mindset he brings to the table.