*Post Barbers Hill Tourney Scores Here*

I knew something had to be up when I heard that early HJ/CE KING score, KFDM COOP.

Final. BH 10-La Marque 0..Hales goes the distance. I think 5 innings. I wasn't at the game. My superiors seem to think making money is more important than high school baseball..go figure.:) Catcher Cameron Campbell with a 2-run shot. Also, JR. Seth Helmly goes yard in his first varsity at bat. BH will play the winner of Coldspring/Sealy who played earlier today...just got home, have not had time to read over the posts..You know busy making the big man some money !

I'll stay with my original prediction in this tourney...BH vs. HJ. Thamm for BH and Treece ( I think that's right ) for HJ. Should be a good one.

Marshall is playing Westbury , started @ 7. I have not heard any updates. I'll try to make some calls. I do know that Westbury did not even show up for their first game in the Ewell Jackson Tournament vs. Milby. If I find out something, I will post.

BH blanks La Marque

By Michael Pineda

Baytown Sun 

Published March 9, 2007

Once the Barbers Hill bats awoke you could stick a fork in La Marque because they were done. In the Eagle’s opening game of the 20th Annual Barbers Hill Baseball Tournament the offense scored five runs in the fourth inning to break the game wide open and Ross Hales took care of the rest on the mound as the Hill defeated the Cougars 10-0.

Hales gave up two hits in a complete game, five inning effort with 10 strikeouts as the Eagles improved to 8-3-1 on the year. Barbers Hill will return to action today at 7 p.m. when they face off against Sealy in the tournament semifinals.

“Ross has pitched well this season,†BH head coach Gil Stalbaum said. “He hasn’t thrown a lot of innings and we are trying to set up a rotation for district. We need him to get stronger and get ready.â€

The Eagles came out strong in the first inning posting three runs. With one out in the inning, Derek Hulsey hit an infield single and then stole second base. A Colby Townley double to centerfield scored Hulsey and then Cameron Campbell hit a bomb over the left field wall to make the score 3-0.

Barbers Hill did strand two runners in the first inning and stranded two more in the second as the offense became stagnant. Following a three up and three down third frame the Eagles rebounded and put up some numbers.

Alex Rocha reached on a walk, stole second and reached third on a passed ball. Rocha scored when Kyle McDonald hit a 1-2 pitch for a single. McDonald advanced to second on a groundout and scored on a triple by Hulsey. Hulsey finished the day 2-3 with two runs scored and an RBI. Townley reached base on a walk and stole second. A sacrifice fly to center by Campbell scored Hulsey and a double by Hales scored Townley. Jake Ponder then traded places with Hale on an RBI double to give Barbers Hill an 8-0 lead.

“We were kind of anxious at the beginning of the ballgame,†Stalbaum said. “But we kind of settled in and hit the ball better the third time through the lineup.â€

Meanwhile Hales gave up singles in the second and fourth inning but only allowed one of the runners to second base on a steal. Over the course of the last four innings the junior logged nine of his ten strikeouts including five in the fourth and fifth inning.

The Eagle bench closed the game out in the bottom half of the fifth. In the Eagle program Seth Helmly mentioned that hitting a homerun off BH assistant coach Jackie Byrd was his baseball fantasy. He had to settle for La Marque’s starter. The junior lifted one over the left field wall in his first varsity at-bat to make the score 9-0.

Heath Padgett followed with a single and a stolen base and then scored on a Clay Garner single to end the game.

HJ will be playing tomorrow night in the championship @ 7. Play winner of BH vs. Sealy. I left tonight's game in the top of the 5th. Barbers Hill was up 14-0. Hunter Silva started on the hill for the Eagles. Pitched a very strong game. His dad told me he had 6's, I thought it was more than that. Fastball topped out @ 88 a couple of times. Jonathan Kelley was warming up to throw in the 5th when I left. Barring a very drastic meltdown s/be BH vs HJ in the 'ship tomorrow night. I believe Jr. southpaw Kendall Thamm (2-0 ) will start on the hill for BH. Should be a good one.

WOW....the bats and pitching are coming alive.  Has BH even been scored on in this tournament?  Have they run ruled every team thus far?

Sealy scored 1 final 14-1 ;D

BH Vs. HJ tonight for the championship!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder