BISD Forensic Audit results

Bigdog

22 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I've seen some smart people get convicted...  So that don't mean a thing.  He probably haven't gotten convicted because maybe, just maybe he used common sense and didn't do anything wrong to get convicted.  

Soulja -

unfortunately most people aren't like you.  It kills me the amount of people who proclaim to be Constitutionalists yet convienently forget one of the foremost principles this country was founded upon - innocent until proven guilty.  They read something, see something on tv, and let the lynch mob begin for whomever happens to be accused.  The bottom line is we are to PRESUME someone is innocent until they are proven guilty in a court of law BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT.  If anyone has borne the burden of being falsely accused of something (and most of us have at some point in our lives), they should realize the fundamental importance of this most precious of our tenets. 

But I wonder the same as you - Dr. Thomas was public enemy #1 so to speak in this whole ordeal.  With all the investigation that has been done, I am surprised he hasn't been at least charged by now if they had the "goods" on him.  Maybe he will in the future; we can only wait and see  

And I believe like you, most of the good folks within BISD want the best for their kids.  I have many friends of all ethnicities in Beaumont that were outraged by the corruption that has been proven within the district and don't want any of it to occur again.  I am hopeful that the elections will reflect that.    

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Soulja -

unfortunately most people aren't like you.  It kills me the amount of people who proclaim to be Constitutionalists yet convienently forget one of the foremost principles this country was founded upon - innocent until proven guilty.  They read something, see something on tv, and let the lynch mob begin for whomever happens to be accused.  The bottom line is we are to PRESUME someone is innocent until they are proven guilty in a court of law BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT.  If anyone has borne the burden of being falsely accused of something (and most of us have at some point in our lives), they should realize the fundamental importance of this most precious of our tenets. 

But I wonder the same as you - Dr. Thomas was public enemy #1 so to speak in this whole ordeal.  With all the investigation that has been done, I am surprised he hasn't been at least charged by now if they had the "goods" on him.  Maybe he will in the future; we can only wait and see  

And I believe like you, most of the good folks within BISD want the best for their kids.  I have many friends of all ethnicities in Beaumont that were outraged by the corruption that has been proven within the district and don't want any of it to occur again.  I am hopeful that the elections will reflect that.    

Excellent post!

On 2/6/2017 at 8:11 AM, bullets13 said:

I'm not sure how you can read the summary of the audit and come away with any opinion other than he's guilty.  They may not be able to prove it, at least to the point of criminal prosecution, but he ripped off the district and the community, abused his power, and cheated those who he was hired to represent and protect, namely the African American community.  It amazes me that people still jump to defend him. 

he was hired to represent and protect the Bisd community, not the African American community.

On 2/25/2017 at 3:21 PM, new tobie said:

he was hired to represent and protect the Bisd community, not the African American community.

You do realize that the demographics of BISD is mostly African American as far as race goes...  Actually,  almost half  of the district's students are Black, almost 10% more than the next race... Just a tidbit of info....

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Beaumont re-elected one ousted trustee and the son of another.  If the state removes you from your job, how can it be legal for you to run again?

This is the hidden content, please

They weren't removed for breaking the law but for being stupid.

If we kept stupid people from running for office................. 

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Beaumont re-elected one ousted trustee and the son of another.  If the state removes you from your job, how can it be legal for you to run again?

This is the hidden content, please

This is the problem so often. When black and white choose up sides, reason gets tossed out the window.  If you feel like "The Man" stuck it to your elected trustee, what better way to show "The Man" than to re-elect him or her? That's why the elected board will remain irrelevant and the Board of Managers will continue to control the District. 

When a white congressman gets caught with his (Anthony) Weiner out, he's done. Get convicted of a crime? As a white politician, your career is for all intents and purposes...done. If you're the black mayor of D.C. and you get caught on film smoking crack with a prostitute, it's not really a problem. If you are a fine black minister like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, you can have illegitimate kids and owe millions in taxes.... and you will still enjoy the unequivocal support of the black community as a whole. Whatever happened to all of those old white televangelists that got caught with hookers? I'll give you a hint... don't bother looking for them on tv.  

Heck, you can be a school board trustee and lose (if not steal) millions of taxpayer dollars, get booted out of office by the state and the locals will still turn out to elect you to your old spot. 

20 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

This is the problem so often. When black and white choose up sides, reason gets tossed out the window.  If you feel like "The Man" stuck it to your elected trustee, what better way to show "The Man" than to re-elect him or her? That's why the elected board will remain irrelevant and the Board of Managers will continue to control the District. 

When a white congressman gets caught with his (Anthony) Weiner out, he's done. Get convicted of a crime? As a white politician, your career is for all intents and purposes...done. If you're the black mayor of D.C. and you get caught on film smoking crack with a prostitute, it's not really a problem. If you are a fine black minister like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, you can have illegitimate kids and owe millions in taxes.... and you will still enjoy the unequivocal support of the black community as a whole. Whatever happened to all of those old white televangelists that got caught with hookers? I'll give you a hint... don't bother looking for them on tv.  

Heck, you can be a school board trustee and lose (if not steal) millions of taxpayer dollars, get booted out of office by the state and the locals will still turn out to elect you to your old spot. 

BISD needs to be real careful or there might not be a  BISD anymore..

4 hours ago, bigdog said:

BISD needs to be real careful or there might not be a  BISD anymore..

I've heard rumors of the same... The scary thing is that I heard that since there are so many problems with BISD and PAISD, the state would force a "Jefferson County School District" and have one body overseeing all of the school systems in Jefferson County as a single entity.  

That would be really, really big.  But I don't see it ever happening.  

19 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I've heard rumors of the same... The scary thing is that I heard that since there are so many problems with BISD and PAISD, the state would force a "Jefferson County School District" and have one body overseeing all of the school systems in Jefferson County as a single entity.  

That would be really, really big.  But I don't see it ever happening.  

no, that wouldn't fly.  

15 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Don't worry.  Some of these people probably won't even get to get a seat because they are doing a slow funnel in process.  No one knows the order that the elected BOM will be seated or when...

True.  Most of those elected won't sit.  But the TEA was watching that election and the fact that the same people involved in the mess that brought the TEA in the first place got re-elected is not good.

On 5/9/2017 at 8:30 AM, CardinalBacker said:

I know people wouldn't like it, but it can actually soar.  Just ask the people from South Park.

Yes, but this is a different situation.  Not only would it involve four or five districts ( if you include HF ISD) but this is more of a case of low test scores and mismanagement, not integration.  In the last two cases of school districts being closed Lamarque and North Forest ISD the neighboring districts agreed to absorb the closing districts they weren't forced.

2 hours ago, bigdog said:

True.  Most of those elected won't sit.  But the TEA was watching that election and the fact that the same people involved in the mess that brought the TEA in the first place got re-elected is not good.

All that wasted money in campaigning...  Smh

On 2/5/2017 at 8:11 AM, bullets13 said:

. I'm not sure how you can read the summary of the audit and come away with any opinion other than he's guilty.  They may not be able to prove it, at least to the point of criminal prosecution, but he ripped off the district and the community, abused his power, and cheated those who he was hired to represent and protect, namely the African American community.  It amazes me that people still jump to defend him. 

Maybe the millions that was spent inappropriately find the pockets of Thomas apologist? Just saying 

i am not saying you are on apologist,  for you have a well thought out post.