Nederland 57 Beaumont Ozen 60/FINAL

12 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Have to close out games better!!!!!!

O:T. Broussard 23,C. Pender 12, D.Jones 12, Tre Reed 12 

This old cliche is so true "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"...This is just a little constructive criticism and not hateration...The free throws woes has been a constant nemesis  for the Panthers of late. Shooting 46% last night kept Nederland within striking distance...I assume its a mental issue because the physical ability is there. I agree closing out a game needs some fine tuning. With all that said the W sure looks good in this competitive district...Another nail biter is anticipated Tuesday at P.A.Memorial...Keep working Ozen...

54 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

59 of 60 points scored by 4 players. Looks like there is some need of other players to step up.

I would agree but guys have accepted their roles ,defense,rebounds,scoring,hustle plays ,not saying guys arent capable but im sure anyone who watches them play will say they move the ball effortlessly amongst themselves. I think some are capable of contributing when the time is right . 

1 hour ago, Honest Abe said:

Way to stay competitive throughout the game Dawgs. Gonna be a different ending when y'all come to Nederland. 

It's always competitive when these two play nothing new no matter the records or the location... I'm sure the challenge "will be a different ending in Nederland" is duly noted....One game at a time Jan.31 will get here sooner than later...We're just keeping hope alive to ascertain 1 of the 4 playoff spots in this competitive district race....Same song different verse....  

1 hour ago, BlkMamba24 said:

I would agree but guys have accepted their roles ,defense,rebounds,scoring,hustle plays ,not saying guys arent capable but im sure anyone who watches them play will say they move the ball effortlessly amongst themselves. I think some are capable of contributing when the time is right . 

This has to be the smallest team Ozen has put on the court in the history of the school. They play with a lots of heart and hustle when playing bigger teams. They've done well playing smart with role players....It's not about point averages its about team play and getting the W.....If it's not broke dont fix it. Keep working and playing smart....