Just good ole community policing

Remmus

5 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I am not so sure about the idea of doesn't get to play cop. I am not familiar with FL laws but in TX a citizen has the same authority (not right) to arrest for certain crimes. In that section of the law it is even mentioned in the same sentence. It doesn't say a cop can do this but a citizen can do that. 

Wasn't this fool on the phone with 911 and given instructions?  

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

"What happened?"

I sooooo want to believe fellow officers gave him a kick in the arse or at least some chastisement.  Too much us vs. them.  These kids are looked upon like adults.  Yes some are doing adult crimes and pay the price, but a 12 year old in the midst of a school fight....PAAAA-LEASE.  I don't know about you, but I've seen and have been in my share of school fights (in suburb).  No one got body slammed (but one kid that came from another school to fight and got welcomed by our football team...lol). 

2 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Someone confronts you with a gun while you're walking home from the corner store.  You defend yourself and you're breaking the law?  Sounds like some good ole back woods justice to me.

To risk your life? ...put a dollar amount on that.  Last time I checked cops were paid $40-50K?  Maybe my idea of good pay is skewed by O&G salaries.  

Do you have any evidence whatsoever that Zimmerman chased Martin down and pulled a gun on him? 

The backwoods justice was attempted by Martin. A listen to the entire and not edited 911 recording is about 99.5% in favor of Zimmerman not chasing Martin at all, much less catching him. 

Your opinion on officer salaries, at least in this area, is skewed. I believe that I make more per hour than most O&G workers. They have a distinct advantage in overtime potential. 

7 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Wasn't this fool on the phone with 911 and given instructions?  

1. Instructions given by dispatchers have no legal bearing and may not even be correct.

2. Yes he was on 911 and it sounded like me that he followed his instructions.

3 minutes ago, Remmus said:

I sooooo want to believe fellow officers gave him a kick in the arse or at least some chastisement.  Too much us vs. them.  These kids are looked upon like adults.  Yes some are doing adult crimes and pay the price, but a 12 year old in the midst of a school fight....PAAAA-LEASE.  I don't know about you, but I've seen and have been in my share of school fights (in suburb).  No one got body slammed (but one kid that came from another school to fight and got welcomed by our football team...lol). 

You have no idea what happened yet you want another officer to give him a kick in the butt? 

The us vs. them is usually brought on by them. 

I have not defended this officer in a single post on any forum. I have no idea what his provocation was and neither do you yet you are ready to render a verdict. With that mindset you chastise officers for rushing to judgment. 

3 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Do you have any evidence whatsoever that Zimmerman chased Martin down and pulled a gun on him? 

The backwoods justice was attempted by Martin. A listen to the entire and not edited 911 recording is about 99.5% in favor of Zimmerman not chasing Martin at all, much less catching him. 

Your opinion on officer salaries, at least in this area, is skewed. I believe that I make more per hour than most O&G workers. They have a distinct advantage in overtime potential. 

Forgot about the OT.  I know some like to provide "security" at the local titty bars...lol.

My understanding of the Zimmerman/Martin is Zimmerman was in the house and chose to go outside and play deputy dog despite being told cops were on the way.  It's been awhile. I'll go back an look this again. 

2 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Forgot about the OT.  I know some like to provide "security" at the local titty bars...lol.

My understanding of the Zimmerman/Martin is Zimmerman was in the house and chose to go outside and play deputy dog despite being told cops were on the way.  It's been awhile. I'll go back an look this again. 

Are you suggesting that people should not go look over their neighborhood?

You have several times in different threads brought up community policing but do you know that a major part of community policing deals with citizen patrols? In fact for three years I commanded a community policing group and on many occasions have ridden in support of these patrols. 

21 minutes ago, Remmus said:

That dope came in 12 magical colors and tasted like skittles.  Even if he was a drug dealer, Zimmerman doesn't get to play cop (we know he wanted that job badly).  We don't give the death penalty to drug dealers.

Nope, he had been in trouble for selling dope, not Skittles.  Even if he did not like Zimmerman questioning him, did that give him the right to attack him from behind.  Not saying Zimmerman was right, but maybe Trayvon had some culpability as well.

2 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Nope, he had been in trouble for selling dope, not Skittles.  Even if he did not like Zimmerman questioning him, did that give him the right to attack him from behind.  Not saying Zimmerman was right, but maybe Trayvon had some culpability as well.

Imma go get my facts straight. I will admit, at great risk of attack to life and limb in this forum...lol, most (if not all) of my understanding of this case .......................................comes .................from Liberal sources.  There I said it.

13 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Are you suggesting that people should not go look over their neighborhood?

You have several times in different threads brought up community policing but do you know that a major part of community policing deals with citizen patrols? In fact for three years I commanded a community policing group and on many occasions have ridden in support of these patrols. 

In those scenarios my understanding is the Police are very clear with community watch groups about NOT CONFRONTING criminals and calling the cops.  Maybe here in Texas where you can walk around with a concealed weapon you can trust a person to confront a criminal (feels very old West) but in places up north most don't own guns and are really there as eyes and ears for cops.  I want someone engaging that has enough sense to help a fool save their own life.  My understanding is a well trained cop tries to protect himself and the perp when possible.  This is why we have courts.  Cops do the the round up.  

3 minutes ago, Remmus said:

In those scenarios my understanding is the Police are very clear about NOT CONFRONTING criminals and calling the cops.  Maybe here in Texas where you can walk around with a concealed weapon you can trust a person to confront a criminal (feels very old West) but in places up north most don't own guns and are really there as eyes and ears for cops.  I want someone engaging that has enough sense to help a fool save their own life.  My understanding is a well trained cop tries to protect himself and the perp when possible.  This is why we have courts.  Cops do the the round up.  

But wait, you don't trust the code of silence cops and you don't trust the citizens...we have a conundrum. 

You do realize that most of the "evidence" originally put out against Zimmerman was fabricated by several media outsets.... at their later admission. 

ABC covered up Zimmerman's injuries from video and photo, CNN made false claims of racial slurs and NBC altered the 911 recording to make it look like Zimmerman was calling about Martin's race. 

6 minutes ago, Remmus said:

In those scenarios my understanding is the Police are very clear with community watch groups about NOT CONFRONTING criminals and calling the cops.  Maybe here in Texas where you can walk around with a concealed weapon you can trust a person to confront a criminal (feels very old West) but in places up north most don't own guns and are really there as eyes and ears for cops.  I want someone engaging that has enough sense to help a fool save their own life.  My understanding is a well trained cop tries to protect himself and the perp when possible.  This is why we have courts.  Cops do the the round up.  

Again, do you any evidence whatsoever that Zimmerman ever confronted Martin? 

Any?

Any?

19 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

But wait, you don't trust the code of silence cops and you don't trust the citizens...we have a conundrum. 

Zimmerman has his share of baggage (I apologize in advance if I'm wrong). We're not talking about a group or a pair of community watch people.  I like that Zimmerman cared enough to look out for his neighborhood but he's not trained to run up on someone with a gun at the scene of a "crime" or even question another citizen.  I'll read some other sources to better understand his probable cause to confront Martin.  My current understanding is Zimmerman was pissed off about burglaries in his neighborhood and got suspicious of the black kid passing through wearing a hoodie.  Not enough cause to run up on him.  Maybe Trayvon shot himself. 

8 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

You do realize that most of the "evidence" originally put out against Zimmerman was fabricated by several media outsets.... at their later admission. 

ABC covered up Zimmerman's injuries from video and photo, CNN made false claims of racial slurs and NBC altered the 911 recording to make it look like Zimmerman was calling about Martin's race. 

I have no idea what motive these news orgs have to skew evidence. Sure they want to draw in viewer, but a white guy shooting a black guy is usually all you need.

5 minutes ago, Remmus said:

I have no idea what motive these news orgs have to skew evidence. Sure they want to draw in viewer, but a white guy shooting a black guy is usually all you need.

You're right about that.  It's a non story when a black shoots a white because the media knows there will be no burning down of neighborhoods or looting taking place.  

8 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Again, do you any evidence whatsoever that Zimmerman ever confronted Martin? 

Any?

Any?

The line I heard is Martin's daddy is some high level official in their home town.  I can't help but be suspicious of what daddy did to get his son off the hook.  So, Trayvon is walking through the neighborhood looking suspicious and out of place, Martin calls 911, Martin decides to leave the safety of his home and???  "Hey can I ask what you're doing, we had some robberies recently and..."  Martin runs up on Zimmerman "nunya $%*@#!!!" Punch kick ....Zimmerman gets scared pulls out a gun and defends himself.  I don't think this scenario fits stand your ground as much as if Zimmerman was outside walking and the two meet up on the sidewalk and Martin kicks ass.  Zimmerman still has his normal life and Martin would either be in jail or set free had Zimmerman waited for the police.  He was not in any imminent threat of harm.  

5 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

You're right about that.  It's a non story when a black shoots a white because the media knows there will be no burning down of neighborhoods or looting taking place.  

Born of our nations history.  I know, I know, we need to move on from it.

12 minutes ago, Remmus said:

The line I heard is Martin's daddy is some high level official in their home town.  I can't help but be suspicious of what daddy did to get his son off the hook.  So, Trayvon is walking through the neighborhood looking suspicious and out of place, Martin calls 911, Martin decides to leave the safety of his home and???  "Hey can I ask what you're doing, we had some robberies recently and..."  Martin runs up on Zimmerman "nunya $%*@#!!!" Punch kick ....Zimmerman gets scared pulls out a gun and defends himself.  I don't think this scenario fits stand your ground as much as if Zimmerman was outside walking and the two meet up on the sidewalk and Martin kicks ass.  Zimmerman still has his normal life and Martin would either be in jail or set free had Zimmerman waited for the police.  He was not in any imminent threat of harm.  

mixed up Martin and ZImmerman.