Just good ole community policing

Remmus

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The report is the cop had a body camera.  The footage has not been released yet.  My conspiracy theory is the longer it takes for the footage to come out, the worse it is for the police.  If I were that young lady's father and the reports of witnesses are true ...I'd want to lay hands on that cop.  I have a 12 year old daughter so it hit home for me.  It sure looks like that cop could have collared that 100lb kid and marched her to the office.  We'll see.  

1 minute ago, stevenash said:

Rem- Generally speaking- are you distrustful of Law enforcement in this country?

Short answer is no.  

I grew up in an affluent area (grades K-12) and attended excellent schools. Never had one bad experience with a police officer.  Our local department was really good IMO and they visited the schools, little league and so on.  Then through some bad decisions I found myself, wife, n baby in an apartment in d hood of Philly. I got another look at policing.  Also the Rodney King thing popped off and all the stories from LA and I became more leary of cops honesty

Then let me make a guess regarding you and law enforcement.  1.  You believe in the case of George ZImmerman that justice wasn't served.  2.  You believe in the case of O.J. SImpson that justice was served.

When you are policing in, as you call it, da hood, do you think/understand why a police officer has to be more circumspect and extra vigilant while on the job?

Zimmerman should have kept his a** in the house n waited for the police.  If Trayvon was breaking in, shoot em. Did Trayvon have the right to stand his ground? BTW, based on his parents young Trayvon wasn't a wasn't a wild Ninja. Just cuz you own a gun doesn't mean you get to play cop. 

Cops have one of the toughest jobs in our society.  They aren't paid particularly well either but you don't get to body slam 12 year olds and kill at will

5 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Zimmerman should have kept his a** in the house n waited for the police.  If Trayvon was breaking in, shoot em. Did Trayvon have the right to stand his ground? BTW, based on his parents young Trayvon wasn't a wasn't a wild Ninja. Just cuz you own a gun doesn't mean you get to play cop. 

Cops have one of the toughest jobs in our society.  They aren't paid particularly well either but you don't get to body slam 12 year olds and kill at will

Guess selling dope made him an angel.

3 hours ago, Remmus said:

The report is the cop had a body camera.  The footage has not been released yet.  My conspiracy theory is the longer it takes for the footage to come out, the worse it is for the police.  If I were that young lady's father and the reports of witnesses are true ...I'd want to lay hands on that cop.  I have a 12 year old daughter so it hit home for me.  It sure looks like that cop could have collared that 100lb kid and marched her to the office.  We'll see.  

If it was in this area I can almost assure you that you will not see the footage because if it can be used in a criminal investigation, it is not public information. A department "may" release it at their discretion. Different states have freedom of information laws and what another state does depends on their laws. 

3 hours ago, Remmus said:

What someone "should" have done on most occasions has no bearing on a criminal investigation. 

Martin had no right to stand his ground if he was breaking the law as he was doing as he attacked Zimmerman. 

Who kills at will? Out of the 13 million arrests by the police each year, many against very violent criminals who many times resist arrest, how many are killed at will? 

What do you call "aren't paid particularly well"? 

2 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Guess selling dope made him an angel.

That dope came in 12 magical colors and tasted like skittles.  Even if he was a drug dealer, Zimmerman doesn't get to play cop (we know he wanted that job badly).  We don't give the death penalty to drug dealers.

40 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

This is easy, #1 don't fight at school #2 obey the officers commands. Follow both #1 and #2 and you won't get slammed. 

You sure about that?  The report is she was trying to break up the fight her sister was in.  Her thank you was a concussion.  Looks like the Cop issued justice before investigation...we'll see.

38 minutes ago, stevenash said:

But Rem believes those rules don't apply to certain societal segments because of things that happened 50 to 100 years ago and that behavior is therefore "understandable" and should be looked upon differently than for other segments of society.

Cheap shot.

1 minute ago, Remmus said:

That dope came in 12 magical colors and tasted like skittles.  Even if he was a drug dealer, Zimmerman doesn't get to play cop (we know he wanted that job badly).  We don't give the death penalty to drug dealers.

I am not so sure about the idea of doesn't get to play cop. I am not familiar with FL laws but in TX a citizen has the same authority (not right) to arrest for certain crimes. In that section of the law it is even mentioned in the same sentence. It doesn't say a cop can do this but a citizen can do that. 

6 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

If it was in this area I can almost assure you that you will not see the footage because if it can be used in a criminal investigation, it is not public information. A department "may" release it at their discretion. Different states have freedom of information laws and what another state does depends on their laws. 

As a cop ...if you were in the locker room with this guy, what are you thinking or saying?

5 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

What someone "should" have done on most occasions has no bearing on a criminal investigation. 

Martin had no right to stand his ground if he was breaking the law as he was doing as he attacked Zimmerman. 

Who kills at will? Out of the 13 million arrests by the police each year, many against very violent criminals who many times resist arrest, how many are killed at will? 

What do you call "aren't paid particularly well"? 

Someone confronts you with a gun while you're walking home from the corner store.  You defend yourself and you're breaking the law?  Sounds like some good ole back woods justice to me.

To risk your life? ...put a dollar amount on that.  Last time I checked cops were paid $40-50K?  Maybe my idea of good pay is skewed by O&G salaries.