6A # 1. S.A. Wagner vs 4A #2 Silsbee

TopDawG52

27 minutes ago, Who That said:

Silsbee will do some damage in Fort Bend. I do believe they got the statement out this weekend that they are the best team in the state in 4A.! And I do believe the big dogs we played will tell you that.

I do believe they will also we just need to play better defense and every championship team have role players and our role players have to know their roles as well we have a long ways to go but we can get there

Meh, Silsbee can't really complain about the FB set up.  As deep as you are, playing two games in that proximity isn't that big of a deal.  They have a pretty weak pool for this tournament and wouldn't face Marshall until the semis or Bush until the finals.  

Silsbee would likely play Travis first in bracket play.  Silsbee has no answer for their size but I would pick them to win.  As some have said, size alone won't beat Silsbee and I wasn't impressed at all with Travis' backcourt.  Marshall in the semis would be a taller order IMO.  Silsbee will have their hands full and running over but I really hope they can beat them.  Bush in the finals vs Silsbee is the game I want to see.  Bush is one of the teams they could face that actually has superior guard play.  I'm not saying the Bush kids are more talented but they are supremely talented and are more "heady" on the court.  They are a year ahead in school (juniors vs sophomores) so that's to be somewhat expected.  Mostly, I think this will be a great test for Silsbee to prepare for some teams they may not face until SA.  

9 minutes ago, kingjames said:

I do believe they will also we just need to play better defense and every championship team have role players and our role players have to know their roles as well we have a long ways to go but we can get there

Man you said a mouthful.   I saw a lot of basketball in several different venues the last 3 days.  One of the biggest recurring themes is noticed is exactly what you said.  So many players have no idea what their role is.  And the teams where the kids know what their role is and stick to it are ALWAYS the most impressive.  

42 minutes ago, Who That said:

Silsbee will do some damage in Fort Bend. I do believe they got the statement out this weekend that they are the best team in the state in 4A.! And I do believe the big dogs we played will tell you that.

You don't think Dallas Lincoln would have  have anything to say about that?

38 minutes ago, Who That said:

Don't really care if they do.! My opinion Silsbee is the better team. Especially between the two teams and the teams they have played .

19 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I hope Silsbee goes and wins the FB Tourney! Marshall and Bush will be the favorites but I think we can play with them both! 

Out of likes already!

54 minutes ago, Who That said:

Don't really care if they do.! My opinion Silsbee is the better team. Especially between the two teams and the teams they have played .

At this point, I don't know...  Silsbee isn't playing their best ball now...  And I'm sure the teams that Silsbee struggled with Lincoln would blow them out the water.  So your comment is more on homerism vs. logic...

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

At this point, I don't know...  Silsbee isn't playing their best ball now...  And I'm sure the teams that Silsbee struggled with Lincoln would blow them out the water.  So your comment is more on homerism vs. logic...

...and how do you know Lincoln would blow them out of the water? Just curious. Silsbee seemed to struggle against Central. Would Lincoln blow Central "out of the water"?

16 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I think Silsbee & D Lincoln go head to head in the Dallas tournament.  

Does anyone have the Dallas tournament bracket?

14 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Central lost to Silsbee! Don't matter if it was 1 point or 39 points. Central has list 2 in a row to Silsbee.