6A # 1. S.A. Wagner vs 4A #2 Silsbee

TopDawG52

18 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Central lost to Silsbee! Don't matter if it was 1 point or 39 points. Central has list 2 in a row to Silsbee. 

I'm not bitter about Silsbee beating Central, so I have no idea why you keep bringing it up.  but I do know Silsbee isn't playing their best ball right now,  which is my point.. 

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm not bitter about Silsbee beating Central, so I have no idea why you keep bringing it up.  but I do know Silsbee isn't playing their best ball right now,  which is my point.. 

This guy".!! LMAO ... I would say Silsbee is playing pretty good ball right now. lol And yes they will get better with each game. 

29 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I don't know any team that is playing their best ball right now. If you know a team that is right now please share it with us and remember it's not the beginning of the race it's the end. We wanna be playing our best in playoffs.

33 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Just curious what you base it off of?  Only beating Central by a small margin? Or losing by 4 to the top ranked school in the state?  Or dropping a hundo in a 20 pt win against the second ranked private school in the state?  Keep in mind, ALL of those games were on the road as well. 

I'll take your word about not being bitter but at best, you are being a bit shortsighted and taking an extremely small sample size.  

16 minutes ago, Who That said:

This guy".!! LMAO ... I would say Silsbee is playing pretty good ball right now. lol And yes they will get better with each game. 

Just commenting on your silly best in state rant and knowing Silsbee isn't playing their best ball...  So you're right.  this guy here...  

11 minutes ago, kingjames said:

I don't know any team that is playing their best ball right now. If you know a team that is right now please share it with us and remember it's not the beginning of the race it's the end. We wanna be playing our best in playoffs.

That's not what I'm saying...  I'm talking about his best in state comment, all the other stuff you're staying, I already know and actually, I hope it does happen that way.

I tend to agree. Still have work to do.  We have Willie who has to be still learning our system.  We also have the rest of the football players who are still getting their basketball legs under them.  Not to mention timing issues that will get better each game.  Remember before this weekend these guys had only played 3 games with everyone together.

26 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Just curious what you base it off of?  Only beating Central by a small margin? Or losing by 4 to the top ranked school in the state?  Or dropping a hundo in a 20 pt win against the second ranked private school in the state?  Keep in mind, ALL of those games were on the road as well. 

I'll take your word about not being bitter but at best, you are being a bit shortsighted and taking an extremely small sample size.  

Really, it's off of the low margin or victory over the team before Central and all the mistakes in the Central game...  based on the experience returning, this team should be better right now.  I'm sure they will later on, but now they aren't there...

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Really, it's off of the low margin or victory over the team before Central and all the mistakes in the Central game...  based on the experience returning, this team should be better right now.  I'm sure they will later on, but now they aren't there...

That would have been Westbury Christian who would likely beat any other team in this area and has 3 kids on that team that are very highly ranked including the top area 2019 kid according to some.  That team beat them the game before and would probably play them close every time apparently.  So really it's just the Central game if you actually know the teams.  And to offset that one, you have two hugely impressive outings with Houston Christian and Wagner...

#1 Dallas Lincoln just lost to 5A #1 Lancaster by 12 points. Lancaster lost to Bellaire and beat Yates by 5 last week in Texas Jamboree, a Yates team that is ranked behind Lincoln and Silsbee.

If you look at the schedules and results for Lincoln and Silsbee, both have very good wins over high quality opponents. But Silsbee's one loss is a better loss than Lincoln's one loss.

I would say they are even but would not argue with anyone stating Lincoln is the best 4A or Silsbee is the best 4A right now.

3 hours ago, kingjames said:

Neither one of them played against Wagner and SA Johnson sir he only played 8. The other games they went deeper in bench because wasn't close was there

I haven't found the one where I thought Landyn was on the court but Martin was, at the end of the first half at least.  I found the highlight on a twitter page that I watched for updates during the game. Our number 40( Martin) was running down the court just in front of D. Clark when he hit the mid court shot at the buzzer of the first half.

13 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I hope Silsbee plays Lincoln and Lancaster in the Dallas tourney! That would be some great ball being played. They are on the best 2 tourneys in the state over the next 3 weeks. 

Silsbee and Lincoln are playing each other in 1st round of Dallas ISD Coca Cola Invitational.

Not sure I like this. Rather wait to play those guys in SA.

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

I haven't found the one where I thought Landyn was on the court but Martin was, at the end of the first half at least.  I found the highlight on a twitter page that I watched for updates during the game. Our number 40( Martin) was running down the court just in front of D. Clark when he hit the mid court shot at the buzzer of the first half.

Ok if he was it was foul trouble wasn't over a minute he basically went 8 deep is what I seen with my own eyes not on a video 

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

And re looking at it I think Landyn was there as well not 100%  on that but it was a number that looked like ether 22 or 20 and as Michael is 22 it really looked like it was more the build of Landyn.

Landon Tyler has a few DNP wasn't him I really don't understand people ask questions you try and answer them and they go back and forth with you when they wasn't there I will say again Sigler basically cut rotation to 8 guys unless it was out of hand

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee and Lincoln are playing each other in 1st round of Dallas ISD Coca Cola Invitational.

Not sure I like this. Rather wait to play those guys in SA.

Silsbee is not playing Lincoln in first round AAW it has been changed the tournament directors didn't do it. They would play each other to go to championship that coming from coaches the weekend. Sigler asked to play them first and tournament directors agreed to get Silsbee to come to tournament but that changed.

1 hour ago, kingjames said:

Landon Tyler has a few DNP wasn't him I really don't understand people ask questions you try and answer them and they go back and forth with you when they wasn't there I will say again Sigler basically cut rotation to 8 guys unless it was out of hand

It really trying to go back and forth,  I was interested in how he was going to rotate players this weekend and even who he was going to take. I had been told two different numbers he was going to get down to.  That's why I paid close attention to the little clips I saw.  I was wandering who would get in and play.  I was at all 3 of the first games and in the first qtr of each he went 5 for 5 then after that it changed.  And yes with19 fouls between the 2 teams  in the first qtr of that Wagner game I would suspect there was some foul substitutions.  I was more trying to see what I remembered than question what you were saying.  

1 hour ago, kingjames said:

Silsbee is not playing Lincoln in first round AAW it has been changed the tournament directors didn't do it. They would play each other to go to championship that coming from coaches the weekend. Sigler asked to play them first and tournament directors agreed to get Silsbee to come to tournament but that changed.

Thanks. I like the fact they are not playing first game and really rather not play them at all till SA.